Harshness

pjerzy

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Well I found a new local B&M and the flavors are good when trying them but then when I get home and throw them in my mistily they are harsh. It's not all of them though. One of them is really good while the other 3 are pretty harsh. All are 12mg nic and are higher pg. I know pg gives more throat hit but was wondering if anyone here has any suggestions on ways to tone that harshness down. I am currently attempting to steep one of them and see if it helps but I don't think it will since these were made in December/January.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DustinB

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
The store probably had 0 nic in the samples, if not I'm sure it was very low. You are using 12mg nic and a higher PG level, both of which make more throat hit. Not much you can do other than buying one with less nic and higher vg. What was the VG level anyway? Was this their house juice? They could be using lower quality bases.

pjerzy

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Oops forgot to mention that their testers were 0 nic. By the look of it their house juice I would say it's 70pg/30vg. But that's just an estimate since there is no number given on the label. The part that threw me off was that one of the flavors I got had almost no throat hit and the viscosity was about that same.

DustinB

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Sounds like its either the nic level if they are using low quality stuff, or your vape setup. What are you vaping it out of and what were their testers?

pjerzy

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Testers were cheap tanks and batteries. I have this running from a nautilus mini on a sigelei 100+. Use this for driving and while I'm at work.

It may be cheap stuff because I've vaped 12mg nic since I started about 9 months ago.

DustinB

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I stopped buying house juices from local stores. Every one I've tried has been shitty or low quality and somewhat vapeable like mt baker. Why am I gonna pay $18 a bottle for crap when I can get it from MBV online for way less. I'd suggest to either try some small samplers from popular online sources, or start trying some premiums brands if you're willing to pay a premium for awesome liquid. It really is a huge difference in taste.

Otherwise you could try mixing your own. I just started messing with it. Even though I found some awesome liquids I love, part of why I quit smoking was to save money. Plus I found a lot of liquids that I thought would be even better with more of this or more of that. Still remains to be seen how its going to work out though.

pjerzy

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I do have some premium stuff but buying online does make me s little nervous since I can't try it. Then I would be out even more money if it's nasty. When it comes to my juice I'm picky. In my Atlantis and on my MX2 I only put the good stuff. Maybe that's what I'll have to do for the nautilus now.

DustinB

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I'm really picky as well. You might try looking into DIY if you're tired of wasting money and don't have a good assortment to try locally. The biggest thing that surprised me was the nic quality. The vapers tek nic makes a super clean vape compared to a lot of brands of eliquids I've tried. You can get a good assortment of flavors and everything you need to try it for $100 or less.

Vash

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Check us out , our super smooth option for our juices are made from Vaperstek nicotine and are fantastic!

www.ethervapes.com

See home page for current specials :)

4biddenArtist

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
you can get a free sample bottle from vistavapors.com only pay $1.99 for shipping! get a boost yummmmmm

Chuck-N Clouds

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Try going to wall mart and pick up some pure VG its by the peroxide then go home and add it to your juice a little at a time and keep trying it until its where you like it

Chuck-N Clouds

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I used the VG with a 15ml bottle of juice that was really harsh but i liked the flavor, vanilla ice cream, and when i was done with it to my liking i had 5 15ml bottles of great tasting juice so try it you might like it and then you can go buy those harsh bottles that have a flavor you like and make more out of them and save tons of money. The VG is only 5 bucks or so for a 6 oz bottle. Let me know how that works for you ok? VAPE ON

VU Sponsors