Become a Patron!

Harvey can go away now!

DonBaldy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
We've had it here in SE Texas. The whole area is devastated. I've been in the Houston area all of my life and seen a ton of weather but this is by far the worst flooding. So far I'm one of the lucky, but there is still a long way to go. We are dry in out house. We have food and the power is still on and i've kept all of the phones, tablets, and vape batts charged.

I'm saddened by all of the loss around us. My home town south of Houston is completely flooded and everyone I know still living there has lost their home. It's been heartbreaking to watch unfold. It's hard wanting to get out with my canoe to help get people out but while I'm dry the roads to anywhere are flooded.

This is very overwhelming.

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
We've had it here in SE Texas. The whole area is devastated. I've been in the Houston area all of my life and seen a ton of weather but this is by far the worst flooding. So far I'm one of the lucky, but there is still a long way to go. We are dry in out house. We have food and the power is still on and i've kept all of the phones, tablets, and vape batts charged.

I'm saddened by all of the loss around us. My home town south of Houston is completely flooded and everyone I know still living there has lost their home. It's been heartbreaking to watch unfold. It's hard wanting to get out with my canoe to help get people out but while I'm dry the roads to anywhere are flooded.

This is very overwhelming.
Prayers and thoughts to all of you!

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Having been seriously flooded out before, definitely feel for you and the people who have lost everything - even their lives

DonBaldy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My mother lost everything with 5' of water in her apartment from the storm surge during hurricane Ike in 2005. It was heartbreaking to watch and again It is a helpless feeling to see so much loss and not be able to get out and help.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
My mother lost everything with 5' of water in her apartment from the storm surge during hurricane Ike in 2005. It was heartbreaking to watch and again It is a helpless feeling to see so much loss and not be able to get out and help.
I sincerely understand, Don...hope the water subsides asap.

DonBaldy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My wife has been showing me pictures of the flooding and damage. Prayers going out to all of those affected. I can't imagine what you guys are going through.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Like I said, So far we are some of the very fortunate ones. I woke up this morning to picture and video of a friend showing all the water in his home where he's been for almost 20 years. Face book posts from other friends about the flooding. So far some of the worst is south of Houston. I want to throw the canoe in the truck and take my son ( he's a boy scout almost Eagle) and and drive the 70 miles down to help rescue my old class mates but all roads down there are not passable. It sucks.

pwheeler

My dad is Mr. Wheeler, I am Paul
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I had it on the news with the 24hour coverage. It was so terrible. I'm 2 hours west of Houston. Closer to the eye of the storm so not nearly as much rain. We had 26", but nothing in the house. That was scary enough. I can imagine how those folks felt. Many prayers for everyone out there.

Sent from my HTC Desire Eye using Tapatalk

DonBaldy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Personal update: We are still dry so far except for a little seepage by our back door, but this happens anytime we get any significant rain. It's easy to clean up with a carpet cleaner. The back of our neighborhood has sustained some flooding but it appears as if the creek has crested and is not rising more. We should stay dry but I'm not counting my chickens yet. We still have power and plenty of food. All of a egress roads out of the immediate area are flooded but we are safer here at home. We have put everything important up off the floor and hope that when I awake and put my feet on the floor that it's a dry floor.

I feel ya man, I lost all my vape stuff, video games, a lot of clothes, and my house has like 5-6 feet of water. I live in downtown area sorta.

Puff

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This is a hard time for Texas for sure, My heart goes out to you and your sister .

Sent from my LG-V930 using Tapatalk

Breazy_Com

Excellence In Service
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Prayers for all of you from Breazy ! I can feel ya. We had Sandy and it was bad but I don't think it was as bad as this. Be safe and well !

I know this is unrelated to the forum somewhat, but I lost my SIGELLI and my SMOK 220w and all my juice along with stuff I just couldn't bring...anyone know of a cheap gas station vape I may be able to get so I don't end up buying cigs

I'd say I only got about 15-20 tops right now for a vape. I got so much bills and shit I got to pay which I can't work cause the damn hurricane, lol can barely get down the street to the gas station away from the shelter I gotta wear rain boots lol. But all this stress, I just want to hit my vape :(

2WhiteWolves

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
What do you mean exactly?
I'm pretty sure she means....don't get anything like this.
33f480bc0ae09e661ab98fd8ec63fcac.jpg

Get something else besides that.
One of these might tide you over till you are able to afford something better. The gas station should sale them. They are pretty cheap.
fc703c2b2126eb4c2b366607098d245a.jpg

Last edited:

DonBaldy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I know this is unrelated to the forum somewhat, but I lost my SIGELLI and my SMOK 220w and all my juice along with stuff I just couldn't bring...anyone know of a cheap gas station vape I may be able to get so I don't end up buying cigs

I live in Spring and I have a Sigelli 200w and baby beast tank then I'm not using. Send me a PM and I'll see what we can do. If I can get to my office tomorrow. My office is just outside of Downtown on I-45 north.

twan013

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I don't have much vape gear at all but I'd be willing to donate a mod and tank if there was some way to get it out there. Only problem is that I don't have any juice to spare, and the tank needs a new coil head (baby beast). And then there's the issue of mailing it out. How do they handle the mail situation in times like this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Puff

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The ones that look like a cigarette don't work so well.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors