Become a Patron!

Has anyone had success with Vapor Shots product?

I know im not supposed to get discouraged in the beginning but I think I may have sacrificed quality to save a few bucks. got my start up supplies from a website called vaporshots. Done about a dozen mixes so far and every one, no matter the flavor, nic, and percentage of vg/pg, end up with this maple syrup overtone. Did i buy some crap product or is this common? Thanks in advance....

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sorry, I've never heard of them! Perhaps you're using too high a percentage? What percentages of single flavors did you try?

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Are you using a sweetener? If all the eliquid you make has that flavor, then try TFA, or another brand.

10-20%. I did use a little sweetener in a couple of em but ones without have same issue.. im thinking im going to purchase a couple well known flavorings and see if that makes a difference. . Ive also been told it could be poor qaulity vg causing the unwanted flavor..

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Test your vg to see - just pop it into an rda. If it's off, you'll know. If it's good, it's just a slightly sweet clean flavor.

And try going much lower on the percentages to see if that's the issue - I'd start at 2%. I'd try them with no sweetener - just a single flavor to see.

Test your vg to see - just pop it into an rda. If it's off, you'll know. If it's good, it's just a slightly sweet clean flavor.

And try going much lower on the percentages to see if that's the issue - I'd start at 2%. I'd try them with no sweetener - just a single flavor to see.

Right on I will do both. Thank you!

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
what kind of flavors did you get ? maybe we can help you put a few recipes together.

what kind of flavors did you get ? maybe we can help you put a few recipes together.

basic fruits.. strawberry, banana, raspberry, cherry and kiwi (website says these are "natural") which i hear can make a difference on how much you use. Then I got pina colada (my fave), tuti fruity and vanilla cream. And the sweetener. they are vapor shots branded and pg based.

Last edited:

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
never tried the brand but all sound like you could make several combos. Id do like amanda suggested and just start out lower with those. bet that taste you are getting is just an over flavored taste . try each one at 2 % then start mixing those single favors together. hope they work out for you, maybe poke around bull city vapor and pick up some cheap samples from other brands. maybe you will like those better.

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I bought a 500ml 6mg VG from them and 30ml custard flavoring it was good I'm buying more flavors soon. Shipping was fast.

Sent from my XT1030
9ccde9cf1834d3152808fc1fc587ba3f.jpg

cool we will give that a shot. thank ya guys. and im glad to see someone has had some luck with the stuff..

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
I bought a 500ml 6mg VG from them and 30ml custard flavoring it was good I'm buying more flavors soon. Shipping was fast.

Sent from my XT1030
9ccde9cf1834d3152808fc1fc587ba3f.jpg
does it taste like capellas custard ? curious if they are re branded . caps custard is easy to pin out in any recipe. bet @Smoky Blue has tried these.

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I mixed it at 20% its a tad Strong for me but at 15% it was good not like Capellas eggyness more vanilla taste but still good.

Sent from my XT1030

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
wow.. 20%.. sounds like a bad aftertaste with these.. could be rebranded tfa and maybe ina..
ina can be purchased in bulk and broken down to a rebranded bottle.. bet that is what it is.
and a too high percentage.. have you tried going at around 2-5% for any of the flavors?

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
You can always cut the too strong ones in half by diluting with unflavored base.
Rather than dumping them...

Mommay

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just an observation - The pic posted by Dre1982 looks like it is not a flavoring, but an e-liquid. It already has 6% nicotine.
You might try not adding sweetener & see how it goes. I'm fairly new to DIY, but haven't found a need to add sweetener to any of my recipes yet. And, my flavor profile is similar to yours @DavidU - mainly fruits.

VU Sponsors