Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
I like 810's too, preferably w/o Orings on them.
I don't have a regulated squonk mod but when I do it will most likely be 75C and single battery, dual is too big.
For 60 bucks they could have included a second tip and too bad they plastered that fat logo on there. I'm hoping it doesn't detract too much. The other day I bought Axial to drip and really like that there's no logo on the sides, just the top that isn't so visible.

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I like 810's too, preferably w/o Orings on them.
I don't have a regulated squonk mod but when I do it will most likely be 75C and single battery, dual is too big.
For 60 bucks they could have included a second tip and too bad they plastered that fat logo on there. I'm hoping it doesn't detract too much. The other day I bought Axial to drip and really like that there's no logo on the sides, just the top that isn't so visible.
Love the axial!! It’s replaces the goon as my daily driver.
Clean lines, flavor for days and can be equally cloudy.
it’s the most versatile rda I’ve used, this far.

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Love the axial!! It’s replaces the goon as my daily driver.
Clean lines, flavor for days and can be equally cloudy.
it’s the most versatile rda I’ve used, this far.
wow, that says a lot. Thanks for the anticipation boost :cheers:

Not that I need it to be great with single coil,,,but have ya?

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
wow, that says a lot. Thanks for the anticipation boost :cheers:

Not that I need it to be great with single coil,,,but have ya?
It’s good with a single coil, I wrapped it at 3.5 and 4mm.
Preferred the 3.5mm because of ramp up time being so much longer at 4mm.

personally I like it more with dual coil, but it is a good performer either way, to be completely honest.

It’s only real shortcoming is that it needs a hard swuonk when the bf pin is installed; but, the airflow is high enough that you don’t have to be overly concerned about over doing it. That said, like all things it can be done.

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
It’s good with a single coil, I wrapped it at 3.5 and 4mm.
Preferred the 3.5mm because of ramp up time being so much longer at 4mm.

personally I like it more with dual coil, but it is a good performer either way, to be completely honest.

It’s only real shortcoming is that it needs a hard swuonk when the bf pin is installed; but, the airflow is high enough that you don’t have to be overly concerned about over doing it. That said, like all things it can be done.
I got it primarily as a dripper. I'll try a single 3.5id first, to see what it's like dripping directly onto coil.

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Is the axial bf enabled

...ignore that yes it is :facepalm: should have the whole post

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
VF you ordered it nice...must admit I’m really tempted

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I got it primarily as a dripper. I'll try a single 3.5id first, to see what it's like dripping directly onto coil.
Be careful you don’t enjoy it too much. The bonkers will call you a trader. :teehee:

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I’m in the market for a new one.
All I have now really is the elder dragon and a goon.
I need another good single coil flavor atty. Was sold on the citadel, and now I’m looking at this thing and totally unsure which one I want more. Love the 810 drip tips. But, I want to be able to run a single batter dna and get battery life.
Get them both. I'm sure you won't regret

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Without an existing patent, I guess it's totally legal...but ethical? I dunno...

http://vapingunderground.com/threads/wts-wtt-aspex-performance-coils.434798/
Nothing ethical in business and specially dealing with China or better said Chinese companies. Tony B from YouTube.. The Vapor Trail Channel had a deal going with Vandy Vape with a chip for a project together with him.....

Once they received the specifics he provided, they told him it wouldn't be a good business venture and never finalized a deal...... Well never now what happened at the end, but the result wasn't a good one.....

Time goes by and the deal never happened.....but believe me Tony is not the one that came ahead....

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Don29palms

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
Nothing ethical in business and specially dealing with China or better said Chinese companies. Tony B from YouTube.. The Vapor Trail Channel had a deal going with Voopoo to produce a mod together with him.....

Once they received the mod specifics he provided, they told him it wouldn't be a good mod to produce and never finalized a deal......

Time goes by and Tony sees a new mod release from Voopoo and yes..... It was Tony's design......He got zip......

The End

That's not what happened. Tony's deal was with Vandy Vape. Vandy Vape was going to get the chip from Voopoo. Voopoo backed out of the deal on the chip. Tony got what he deserved for dealing with a couple of shady companies. The guy is an asshole anyway.

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That's not what happened. Tony's deal was with Vandy Vape. Vandy Vape was going to get the chip from Voopoo. Voopoo backed out of the deal on the chip. Tony got what he deserved for dealing with a couple of shady companies. The guy is an asshole anyway.
Ahh ok.... I'll fix it ... It's all shady anyway.... I don't even buy anymore stuff..

I'm afraid of Chinese stuff.... I have been buying stuff from the Philippines, Germany...... And Poland has nice things too....but I'm scared to buy stuff from Poland and Russia.......

I will pay triple the price for any item that's not Chinese Manufactured......

Last edited:

Don29palms

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
Ahh ok.... I'll fix it ... It's all shady anyway.... I don't even buy anymore stuff..

I'm afraid of Chinese stuff.... I have been buying stuff from the Philippines, Germany...... And Poland has nice things too....but I'm scared to buy stuff from Poland and Russia.......

I will pay triple the price for any item that's not Chinese Manufactured......
It was a situation that was blown out of proportion. Vandy Vape is shady as hell and Voopoo is just as bad. There are some good chinese companies but there are some horrible ones too. It's like there are some supposedly American companies that charge for American made products that have been busted because their stuff is made in china. It's tough and buyer beware.

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It was a situation that was blown out of proportion. Vandy Vape is shady as hell and Voopoo is just as bad. There are some good chinese companies but there are some horrible ones too. It's like there are some supposedly American companies that charge for American made products that have been busted because their stuff is made in china. It's tough and buyer beware.
Yeah ..We are living in a crooked world.........

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
There are some mech mods from the Phillipines I'd like to have but man they are EXPENSIVE!
Yeah they Make nice and unique mods..... For sure.....

People are telling me they are overpriced High-end crap..... But man they make amazing and beautiful quality items.....

The craftsmanship is amazing.....

I can see they take pride in what they are manufacturing.
1a3b110221cd24e2af95b3e6861a541f.jpg
1c44406b2dbe6f1afafa767547aac754.jpg
023e4c3d900a10bdab6803c2f07f25da.jpg

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
So about the Reload S V citadel?......
We know where I'm at. ReLoad S tracking says Friday but I think it will be tomorrow based on where it is right now.
S is 810, can fit 2 coils, probably 2id I'm thinking. That should be interesting and will be the first thing I do. Maybe a little more leak resistant but Citadel squonks into the coil as well w/o leak. Don't know what the squonk action is going to be like on S with those bottom af holes + squonking up into the coil - what that first hit is going to be like. I like the easy to coil posts design on Citadel.
upload_2019-2-6_21-19-26.pngupload_2019-2-6_21-31-25.pngupload_2019-2-6_21-30-22.png
Probably can get more AF adjustment from S by the looks of it.
Flavor? Citadel is proven. If S can equal it it will be doing something. That second coil would help.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
We know where I'm at. ReLoad S tracking says Friday but I think it will be tomorrow based on where it is right now.
S is 810, can fit 2 coils, probably 2id I'm thinking. That should be interesting and will be the first thing I do. Maybe a little more leak resistant but Citadel squonks into the coil as well w/o leak. Don't know what the squonk action is going to be like on S with those bottom af holes + squonking up into the coil - what that first hit is going to be like. I like the easy to coil posts design on Citadel.
View attachment 130846View attachment 130851View attachment 130850
Probably can get more AF adjustment from S by the looks of it.
Flavor? Citadel is proven. If S can equal it it will be doing something. That second coil would help.
Looking forward to your thoughts on the S performance...
thank you for being a tester for us!

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
https://thereloadvaporusa.com/collections/frontpage/products/24mm-reload-s-rda-stainless-steel

USPS decided to keep it an extra day.
The cap was super tight but worked at with no tool and it came off.
I didn't take the 2 piece cap apart because that's going to be a toughie too and I didn't feel like wrestling it tonight.
Machining looks great, as I suppose ReLoadVapor is known for. No burrs and corners/edges are all good. Polishing looks flawless.

Measurements:
Bottom AF to top of post = 6mm
Post width at bottom AF = 11.5 and well width at same bottom AF = 17.6
Distance between posts = 8.5
At widest part of well, where single coil would be, = 18.6
Well depth = 5
20190208_164522.jpg 20190208_164658.jpg

3X28/36 SS 3id 6/7 wraps - same build I use in C4 LP - 4mm on Coily tool.
We have peek all the way up the + post. The [1 peek insulator] in the parts bag isn’t that 1, it’s for the 510 pin.
I kept the rod in the coil and flat with the top of the deck to tighten the screws, then pulled it up slightly.
20190208_181711-jpg.131021
20190208_181857-jpg.131022

I found out why the top of the 2 piece cap didn’t want to come off,,,,,,it’s threaded :tantrum: I figured what you can see inside the cap was part of the 2nd piece, it’s not.
20190208_191421-1-jpg.131023
20190208_191526-jpg.131024

Once I lubed the Orings the cap went on and off nicely. Firm and can pick it up by the cap. Slightly less restriction at the tip but it stays flush with the cap and removes easily. Really good Oring tolerances. I have to get the atty good and hand tight on the mod to stop it from unscrewing when I open AF. Not a problem per se’, just get that atty good and tight. The Orings should break in a little for that. I’ve been vaping it heavily for the last 4-5 hrs and the bottom of the atty and the mod are dry.

I don’t care for the stock tip. It’s 810 but smaller, and clear or frosted or whatever lol.. They should have included a 2nd, bigger(not taller), tip.
The 5-6 810 tips I’ve tried were all a good fit at the seal. Some were a tad wide because of the tapered edge/narrow flat top of S.

It squonks beautifully. :inlove: Juice goes up to the top of and slightly over the coil without any leaks. On Furyan, the bottle is easy to press in all the way. And doing so twice in a row and holding it 5-7 secs in between still did not make it leak. Haven’t tried 3 times because, why.. I haven’t experienced any spit back. Nor any juice in my mouth, or even a slight restriction in the first second of a hit. So juice in any AF doesn’t seem to be a problem.

The air flow is nice and smooth. Can’t give you much of a comparison on smoothness since I don’t/haven’t had a plethora of RDA’s to compare, but I haven’t experienced any turbulence. It’s as smooth as Axial when using its holes instead of the slot. Not quit as smooth as C4(that things like silk) but it’s smooth and has more AF if you want it. Wide open it’s slightly restricted. I’d say just a bit more air than Axial on 3 holes and if you have that one you know it’s not super airy and more restricted than it looks. About, but ever so slightly more, than Recurve from what I remember from hitting one a few times. More than C4. It’s pretty quiet in all adjustment positions even wide open, less is quieter. Axial on 3 holes is quieter than S wide open. C4 is quieter but then again, more restricted. AF adjustment is good, in that, when you move it, you notice a difference. You don't have to go to 1/2 way or almost closed to notice a difference. atm I'm enjoying it 1/3 closed. No whistling or anything even close to a whistle in any adjustment.

Imo it passes all those :rolleyes: tests, so what about flavor? I put it in the same boat as Axial and C4 and imo C4 is better than Recurve. Awesome flavor. I would buy it again. I hope they made a bunch on first run. I think if they didn’t it might sell out after reviewers come out with it.

Oh yeah, It looks great. I love this style (- the logo):D

20190208_195607.jpg 20190208_152411 (1).jpg

Last edited:

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Looks nice!!! Congrats!

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Great review! Thank you so much!!!!

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
I did manage to get it to flood/gurgle and give me a lip full...after my post of course. My fault though, I was squonking with reckless abandon.
It is, very forgiving.

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
So. This pic with dual must be, just for a pic.
upload_2019-2-6_21-19-26-png.130846

But, not that it needs 2 coils because the flavor is super with 1, however, I'm curious.
So I'm contemplating on how to get 2 coils in there.

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
So. This pic with dual must be, just for a pic.
upload_2019-2-6_21-19-26-png.130846

But, not that it needs 2 coils because the flavor is super with 1, however, I'm curious.
So I'm contemplating on how to get 2 coils in there.

2mm ID that’s what they look like mate

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
I think I got it visualized now.....legs are going to have to cross at one end ?

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
I think I got it visualized now.....legs are going to have to cross at one end ?

hmm see what you mean ...that pic is bollocks unless there’s some sort of hidden bridge

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
hmm see what you mean ...that pic is bollocks unless there’s some sort of hidden bridge
Bollocks is what I was thinking. Eye candy.
Would have to try to cross the legs,,,,or double wrap 1 wire so it only has 2 legs and I don't know the term for that one.

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
I figured 2id when I first say the pic. That was before I got it or thought that positive was going to be on 1 side.
I'd be a pain to put 2 working coils in there.

VU Sponsors