Become a Patron!

Has anyone tried the cheap cartomizers?

jjhabe

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Fasttech has some small cartomizers for around $2 each. I was thinking about getting a few for trying new juices. That way if I hate the juice I'm not risking a coil and having to clean the tank between flavors. I'm trying quite a few new flavors right now to find something I like as well as Ace 4th Street so I don't burn myself out on it (best flavor ever, IMO). I've also had some juices I didn't like so much steeping. I thought I'd check with some of you before wasting my money. Thanks!

PuffPuffPass

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Fasttech has some small cartomizers for around $2 each. I was thinking about getting a few for trying new juices. That way if I hate the juice I'm not risking a coil and having to clean the tank between flavors. I'm trying quite a few new flavors right now to find something I like as well as Ace 4th Street so I don't burn myself out on it (best flavor ever, IMO). I've also had some juices I didn't like so much steeping. I thought I'd check with some of you before wasting my money. Thanks!

I had about 40 of them sitting on a shelf collecting dust. I used them for testing my recipes before I finally broke down and bought a dripper.

jjhabe

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Okay, thanks. I'll put those on my list of nos.

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Still to this day I'd say the best thing to do tasting on is a Cisco Spec 501H Bridgeless Atomizer.No I don't mean the HH 357 either.I mean this little dude linked below.

http://bit.ly/1LkFpiF

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Doesn't get cheaper than dry-burning and re-wicking a smallish single-coil RDA...

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Doesn't get cheaper than dry-burning and re-wicking a smallish single-coil RDA...
You mean something like this?
1495403-7.jpg

vuJim

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
I had about 40 of them sitting on a shelf collecting dust. I used them for testing my recipes before I finally broke down and bought a dripper.
Thanks for giving me an excuse to Buy Something Else
shakefist.gif

New juice or changes in juice shows up pretty quickly in my Protank 3 Mini, but a dripper'd be even faster and the PT3M I suppose wouldn't work at all for max VG.

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Cartomizers will always have a "carto flavor" to them. The Cisco Spec bridgeless atomizers are old tech, but they work well with a couple drops of juice for testing.

Flightmedic76

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Another vote for a quick dry burn, rinse, and re-wick. That way you'll get a better sense of the flavor in the setup you'll be using. I prefer to use an RDA personally. Sometimes if I just need to make a small tweak I just drip a couple rounds of the new batch and leave the wick alone. To me cartomizers usually have a much different flavor than in a bigger tank or RDA (that can be good or bad).

VU Sponsors