Has anyone used SMOK Warranty Service successfully?

Discussion in 'Vaping Related But Doesn't Fit In a Category' started by Catastrophic_Cat, Apr 20, 2017.

1. Catastrophic_Cat

Catastrophic_Cat New Member

Blog Posts:
    I apologize if I am in the wrong forum. Im new to this site and to vaping in general. I just wanted to get some feedback regarding my need to get my mod fixed.

I have an Alien 220w that was purchased Feb 24, 2017. The 510 connector where the tank screws into the mod as come off. I was taking the tank off and it just came right off with the tank. Ive spoken with a couple guys at a few shops here in Vegas that suggested the Warranty company, swearing that is the way to go; and if I decide not to do so, that using heat resistant glue should do the trick. Is this something that could be done without messing up the pin and hold?

Personally, I have had the hardest time contacting this company. I've read a few not so nice posts on other sites regarding Madvapes and the SMOK Warranty Service. Its hard for me to just send in my mod somewhere and trust that I might get it back. If anyone has dealt with this can you please let me know.

Any advice would be welcomed. Thank you. mod.jpg

2. 315jessie

315jessie Bronze Contributor

Blog Posts:
    Good luck getting ahold of a phone number for them ... I've tried and tried and finally threw the mod in the garbage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Catastrophic_Cat

Blog Posts:
    Ty, I figured this much.

4. 315jessie

Blog Posts:
    It's worth just gluing it back on .... or better yet get a mod that's made in the USA from a company that stands behind their product

Catastrophic_Cat likes this.
  5. Vapin4Joy

Vapin4Joy Diamond Contributor Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts:
    SteveS45, UncleRJ and SirRichardRear like this.
  6. Catastrophic_Cat

Blog Posts:
    Have you tried to call that number lol. It's a joke.

7. Catastrophic_Cat

Blog Posts:
    Yes, that's what im going to do once I get the money for another mod.

8. SirRichardRear

SirRichardRear AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 1 Year Reviewer

Blog Posts:
    I have one in process for my skyhook RDTA box so, so far so good.

yup. had no issue personally. I went to smok's site filled out the form and shipped it in. i called them up about a week after they got it. someone answered they looked it up, said it was accepted and were waiting for the warranty stock to arrive from smok so should be 1-2 weeks for them to get a new one shipped to me. that was 1 week ago so we'll see.

But overall i agree their service is very iffy. sometimes bad sometimes good. their ticket system is just plain bad (which i've ranted about before) but when you actually call them up i've had no issues.

EMusic and Deucesjack like this.
  9. 315jessie

Blog Posts:
    Can't go wrong with the HOHM wrecker G2 or the slice

Vaporcube.com

SLICEPRICE Brings the slice to 29.99

G2FLASHx1 Brings the wrecker G2 to 49

10. SirRichardRear

SirRichardRear AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 1 Year Reviewer

Blog Posts:
    I can't think of 1 regulated mod that's actually made in the US. the only mods i know of made in the US are all unregulated and cost 3-10 times as much as that alien.

Deucesjack likes this.
  11. SirRichardRear

Blog Posts:
    wrecker is sadly sold out.
    +1 on the slice but disclaimer it's a single 26650 battery mod. not a dual 18650 so you'll need a couple of good 26650 batteries with it

Deucesjack and Catastrophic_Cat like this.
  12. Catastrophic_Cat

Blog Posts:
    Ty, I'll look into them :)

13. Catastrophic_Cat

Blog Posts:
    What if for whatever reason they decide not to do anything with it (the luck I have), I don't see why they wouldn't, but how would I pay for shipping back. It all just doesn't feel right. I'll try calling some more but I've called various numbers when it comes to Madvapes all morning with no luck. Keep me updated.

14. Catastrophic_Cat

Blog Posts:
    I did send them an email.

15. SirRichardRear

Blog Posts:
    i guess if warranty is denied, then they will ship it back to you. Either way you should hear from them they won't just toss it and never speak to you

16. Catastrophic_Cat

Blog Posts:
    I've seen a couple posts saying they sent their mod in, in Jan and still don't have it back. Broke down and bought a new one. They are having a hard time communicating with them as well :(
    I may try it depending on if I can get in touch.

17. 315jessie

Blog Posts:
    I'll sell my wrecker G2

[​IMG]

18. Whiskey

Whiskey Diamond Contributor Member For 3 Years

Blog Posts:
  19. SirRichardRear

Blog Posts:
    yeah they are iffy for sure on the service side. i'd keep calling till you get an answer

20. Whiskey

Blog Posts:
    Check out my above link

SirRichardRear likes this.
  21. SirRichardRear

Blog Posts:
  22. Catastrophic_Cat

Blog Posts:
    Ty but I am broke right now. I've got a lot of things I've gotta take care of before I get something new. :( I have a friend that's going to give me one I think. I appreciate it.

315jessie likes this.
  23. Catastrophic_Cat

Blog Posts:
  24. SirRichardRear

Blog Posts:
    if your looking to sell i know a fw peeps here that were looking for one. post it in the trade section and it'll probably be gone within the hour

25. SirRichardRear

Blog Posts:
    yeah i checked it. 2 different companies though. one is madvapes and one is smok. smok just contracts out madvapes to handle USA warranties

Whiskey likes this.
  26. Rickajho

Rickajho Gold Contributor ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    It is a joke. At best you will get someone to admit you may be number 2,148 on a list of over 5,000. "We have no control over how many warranty replacements Smok sends us. You just have to wait."

You haven't even had this for 60 days. Rather than playing Hallelujah! I have faith! I believe! with Smok you should be calling your credit card company and file a dispute for defective merchandise. You don't need to get into great e-cigarette detail - just tell them you bought a piece of electronic gear, it's defective, and you have had no success trying to get a warranty replacement. Your card company, depending on policy, may ask you to attempt to return it even if MadVapes hasn't provided an RMA or refuses the return.

27. Whiskey

Blog Posts:
    Now they are spamming it on the forum.....LOL

28. Catastrophic_Cat

Blog Posts:
    I paid mostly cash so it's pointless. I will just learn in the future to do more research on warranty and the company. I thought I did enough research but I learned.

29. SirRichardRear

Blog Posts:
    i'm guessing alien vape is?

30. Whiskey

Blog Posts:
  31. SirRichardRear

Blog Posts:
    Whiskey likes this.
  32. Whiskey

Blog Posts:
    I reported a few along with a mass pm they sent to members, so far who knows why it's still up

33. Rickajho

Rickajho Gold Contributor ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    Like I said elsewhere - it's not as if there is any benefit for anyone who purchased a Smok Alien. So what's the point in posting info about the lawsuit. Ruining Smok's reputation? Seems like they are doing a fine job in that regard all by themselves.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2017
  34. SirRichardRear

Blog Posts:
    LMAO very true.
    I'd guess exactly that. they are owned money, smok isn't paying up so they are slandering them. it gets ugly when companies air their dirty laundry

35. Whiskey

Blog Posts:
    It's still considered a form of forum spamming, posting the same thing creating multiple threads, also using the PM system to do this as well.

36. UncleRJ

UncleRJ Will write reviews for Beer! Staff Member Senior Moderator VU Donator Platinum Contributor Member For 3 Years ECF Refugee Reviewer

Blog Posts:
    Using the PM system like that is a BIG NO-NO!

Tyger made them go Bye=Bye:cheers:

37. ktune92

ktune92 New Member

Blog Posts:
    I have Hohm Wrecker V1 up for grabs.. wonderful mod. As for Mad vapes and my aliens warranty I sent it in about 3 months ago now. I have called and what not, I'm getting a full replacement. Should be sent out this month . I understand having to wait so long having to wait on china to ship product. > if you can get ahold of American made more power to you but the only thing American made I want my mechs. I don't even mind for them to be every once in a while lol that ijoy captain tho!

38. SirRichardRear

Blog Posts:
    that post is old. G2s are back in stock :)

39. jazzcat55

jazzcat55 New Member

Blog Posts:
    Smok and their representative seem to define the worst in Customer Service. I'm still newish to vaping, this is my 1st post here. I found this by searching problems with Smok warranty. I started out with an Icare mini which I soon outgrew.. 2nd product I bought was a Smok R150 TC. That worked (and still works) fine but I was running out of battery and, well.. you need more than one mod so, I bought an Alien. I loved it.. till it died less than a month in. I contacted MadVapes like it said on the Smok site. They emailed me forms to fill out and I sent those along with my proof of purchase and the requested video showing the problem. To date, and it's now been over 6 weeks, they haven't even sent a reply. I've called them, getting a variety of responses and emailed all to no avail. I really feel hosed but for me there's a simple solution. I've purchased my last Smok product.

40. Garnetrooster

Garnetrooster New Member

Blog Posts:
    Check my other posts. Smok is not good! Had a G-Priv, sent it in, waited 4 months, got another one back.... same problem... piece of [email protected]!. Never again will I buy a Smok mod... EVER!!!!
    Buy a DNA.. best thing out there.. at least for me!

TraderX and jazzcat55 like this.
  41. TraderX

TraderX New Member

Blog Posts:
    You couldn't chase me fast enough to hand me a free Smok device. They are well known purveyors of poorly built crap.

Garnetrooster and jazzcat55 like this.
  42. EMusic

EMusic Gold Contributor

Blog Posts:
    I've been holding on to my dead-on-arrival Alien, having forgot that I even had it until this thread. I should give their warranty service a go, unless it's been too long (I got it in March).

43. EMusic

EMusic Gold Contributor

Blog Posts:
    I disagree, but to each their own. I have 5 Smok mods/kits and I love every one of them. I only had one problem with Smok since I first started vaping and that was a single Alien I bought on ebay.