Become a Patron!

Has anyone used SMOK Warranty Service successfully?

Update! It's Oct and I'm still waiting. With that being said, I've never had a hard time getting through to Modvapes. They answer every time. I have purchased another Alien because I loved my first one. When I get that back, I have to send this one in. The silver part popped out where you charge it. Now I can't charge from the mod itself
Madvapes will not be doing a repair for you.. all they do is process the information. verify ( I had to send them a video showing the problem) and then send you a replacement. I Finally got my Alien replacement. 3 months and 2 days after contacting them. What really irked me was the way they did their business. When after a couple months had passed and I'd gotten no response I resigned myself to having been screwed. I looked to see if others may have reported them to the Better Business Bureau which indeed they had. I found their reposes to those complaints to be pretty lame. Mostly it was like "...don't yell at us, we can't replace units till SMOK sends them to us..." I cal that lame because what they could and SHOULD have done is have the decency to at the very least send a confirmation; like you know.. hey we got your info. They did not do that however. In spite of numerous calls and emails to them I hears nothing back at all until getting a message one day saying they didn't have a unit in the color I'd had and offered me alternatives.

Just a lousy way of doing business.

I apologize if I am in the wrong forum. Im new to this site and to vaping in general. I just wanted to get some feedback regarding my need to get my mod fixed.

I have an Alien 220w that was purchased Feb 24, 2017. The 510 connector where the tank screws into the mod as come off. I was taking the tank off and it just came right off with the tank. Ive spoken with a couple guys at a few shops here in Vegas that suggested the Warranty company, swearing that is the way to go; and if I decide not to do so, that using heat resistant glue should do the trick. Is this something that could be done without messing up the pin and hold?

Personally, I have had the hardest time contacting this company. I've read a few not so nice posts on other sites regarding Madvapes and the SMOK Warranty Service. Its hard for me to just send in my mod somewhere and trust that I might get it back. If anyone has dealt with this can you please let me know.

Any advice would be welcomed. Thank you.View attachment 80101
The Eleaf Istick Pick also seems to be a very recommend mod for smokers switching to vaping and seems to be reliable as many others probably are.

I need to make a thread about warranties somewhere since nearly every mass producer of vaping gear is in China and warranty service has been an issue with some companies.
I have just received my replacement Smoktech Skyhook and if you still need to contact them here is what I have on them.
madvapes
[email protected]
(704) 624-8551
Search Emails

Madvapes will not be doing a repair for you.. all they do is process the information. verify ( I had to send them a video showing the problem) and then send you a replacement. I Finally got my Alien replacement. 3 months and 2 days after contacting them. What really irked me was the way they did their business. When after a couple months had passed and I'd gotten no response I resigned myself to having been screwed. I looked to see if others may have reported them to the Better Business Bureau which indeed they had. I found their reposes to those complaints to be pretty lame. Mostly it was like "...don't yell at us, we can't replace units till SMOK sends them to us..." I cal that lame because what they could and SHOULD have done is have the decency to at the very least send a confirmation; like you know.. hey we got your info. They did not do that however. In spite of numerous calls and emails to them I hears nothing back at all until getting a message one day saying they didn't have a unit in the color I'd had and offered me alternatives.

Just a lousy way of doing business.
Madvapes is the USA Warranty Service for Smoketech in North Carolina

Calebcabob

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I apologize if I am in the wrong forum. Im new to this site and to vaping in general. I just wanted to get some feedback regarding my need to get my mod fixed.

I have an Alien 220w that was purchased Feb 24, 2017. The 510 connector where the tank screws into the mod as come off. I was taking the tank off and it just came right off with the tank. Ive spoken with a couple guys at a few shops here in Vegas that suggested the Warranty company, swearing that is the way to go; and if I decide not to do so, that using heat resistant glue should do the trick. Is this something that could be done without messing up the pin and hold?

Personally, I have had the hardest time contacting this company. I've read a few not so nice posts on other sites regarding Madvapes and the SMOK Warranty Service. Its hard for me to just send in my mod somewhere and trust that I might get it back. If anyone has dealt with this can you please let me know.

Any advice would be welcomed. Thank you.View attachment 80101
My experience with them is this... I bought a alien mod and it just stopped powering on after 2 days. So I had no other option but to try out this amazing warranty service they brag about. I found out which Smok certified repair location I would have to mail it to, then I called them and explain the situation. I was concerned that there would be no verification email, confirmation, or anything proving that I was mailing them my brand new unit. Anyways, they assured me they do this all the time and I will get my product replaced (if it qualifies) with a turnaround of about 2 weeks. That was in early July 2017. I called them in September and they gave me an attitude and said that I need to be patient but that my unit qualified for a replacement. They told me it could take a few more months until they were able to mail me out a new unit. It is now mid November and I still have not received anything. So, I can't say they are worse than my experience with iJoy, but they definitely aren't what they claim to be. I'll update my post if I ever receive my replacement.

Just curious to see if anyone here with the Alien mods managed to achieve any success whatsoever in dealing with Smok support. I've been going round and round with them for a good 5 months now. Only today did their support troll offer me a "coupon" for $50 (half of what I paid) to use on their site. I checked my account to see if there really was a coupon, and lo & behold, NO COUPON! Why do vape shops continue to carry and push their products? Clearly, they must know the products are junk. As many shops as I've been to here locally, I can honestly say, I've NEVER seen anyone working at a vape shop actually USING a smok product. This, to me, speaks volumes.

Here's a few pics of my Alien mod, with a whopping 2.5 months usage:

Attachments

• 20180504_082339.jpg
    20180504_082339.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 7
  • 20180504_082404.jpg
    20180504_082404.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 7
  • 20180504_082505.jpg
    20180504_082505.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 7
  • 20180504_082536.jpg
    20180504_082536.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 7

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
From the looks of that Alien with all the paint chips it appears to me that has been bounced off the pavement many times........................

VU Sponsors