Become a Patron!

Has everyone seen this shit? --- ASPEN VALLEY VAPES

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I use a syringe with the numbers missing from it for my nic...I already know its a 1ml syringe and for the 30ml batches I make its .9ml of 100mg nic to achieve my 3mg nic content..I just go with 1ml which is close enough....For my VG ive a mental note on how much to put in the bottle and never measure it out with syringes...For flavoring I know how many drops from each bottle to be a certain percentage based on 30ml from each of my mixes..I pretty much don't measure out anything and mix from memory.

Im not pissed off at what they wrote, im more amused at their shameful strategy to sell ejuice...lol

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
By us I mean people capable of doing DIY stuff with ease and comfort. Not everyone can. People are all different. I know how to rebuild cars but I suck at it. But I can rebuild a saxophone and make it like new. I can follow a recipe and make a delicious meal, but every time I try and create a recipe it flops. Just because this small segment of people replying to that blog can do DIY doesnt mean everyone else can. I know its hard to imagine that it would be that mind blowingly difficult for someone to learn DIY e juice. There are just people out there who are unable or unwilling to DIY and that is AspenValley Vapes market. Not those of us who prefer and choose to do DIY.

Now as I said I agree they went about it wrong and insulted the DIY community with their wording. But then again the DIY community is not their target market or audience

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
By us I mean people capable of doing DIY stuff with ease and comfort. Not everyone can. People are all different. I know how to rebuild cars but I suck at it. But I can rebuild a saxophone and make it like new. I can follow a recipe and make a delicious meal, but every time I try and create a recipe it flops. Just because this small segment of people replying to that blog can do DIY doesnt mean everyone else can. I know its hard to imagine that it would be that mind blowingly difficult for someone to learn DIY e juice. There are just people out there who are unable or unwilling to DIY and that is AspenValley Vapes market. Not those of us who prefer and choose to do DIY.

Now as I said I agree they went about it wrong and insulted the DIY community with their wording. But then again the DIY community is not their target market or audience
They're also feeding the negative hype and FUD that is out there, this I say FUCK YOU to them. They're were very irresponsible for this trash article and need to be called to task for this bullshit.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
What do you mean "us"?

I've been vaping since October so ya, their post was aimed at me seeing as I have been at it for less than a year.

If by "us" you meant veteran vapers? The veterans should be bothered by it because EVERYONE was a newbie at one time.

And most "veteran" vapers and "veteran" DIYers were a lot like me, fed up with ejuice markup within just a few months of starting to vape, fed up with the ejuice lottery where you spend umpteen-lebben bucks trying new juices and they ALL turn out to be shitty! THAT waste is ungodly! Wasting a few ml's of flavors and nic in DIY experiments is a piddling affair, compared to buying all that horrible ejuice online! I started DIY when I'd been vaping about 4-5 months, and if I hadn't, I might not have persevered with vaping AT ALL.

Or, maybe some vapers are like me, they REALLY NEED high PG, which is JUST NOT AVAILABLE ANYWHERE ANYMORE! And the FDA has made sure that we can no longer get "made to order" PG/VG ratios, the way we used to. Or, again like me, they need to add WTA to their juice, which is much easier when you're mixing from scratch instead of trying to add it to an already-made juice -- especially if you want to keep a certain nic level and PG/VG ratio. And you need to win a fucking lottery to buy WTA-infused ejuice from Aroma!

I'm about FUCKING FED UP with "big dogs" trying to dictate every little thing; DIY ejuice is my own personal FUCK YOU and sharp stick in the eye to ALL of 'em! I want and need at least 85% PG, lots of flavoring, and zero diketones, and thx to DIY, I can get it MY way! CHEAP!!! AND good!!! AND safe!!!

Andria

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Did this article already sink them? Checking out their website shows hardly any inventory. Back when I had my dealings they had a decent selection.

Vapin-Dave

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
..... fed up with the ejuice lottery where you spend umpteen-lebben bucks trying new juices and they ALL turn out to be shitty! THAT waste is ungodly!

This is exactly true!! I looked into DIY a while back but at first I was concerned about the learning curve and nicotine. However after coming back to it and doing more research it seemed very plausible. And now that I've started doing it and have the right equipment (scale, mini funnels etc.) I'm realizing that it's very easy. The hard part is actually nailing down some good recipes. But in about 2 - 3 weeks I've tweaked a couple of my own that I really like and just yesterday made a couple more that seem very good so far.

Not to derail the thread but I always wondered my most juice companies don't just sell a small sample of several of their flavours at a really cheap price as testers. Like a sample pack of 5 or 10 flavours in 5ml or 10ml bottles. I was very picky about juices that I bought online and did a ton of research first including YouTube vids to see what people's impressions of said juice were. I didn't get many lemons but I didn't want to keep gambling as I'm sure it would happen eventually. I seldom bought juice without trying it first. But certainly if a juice company had a sample pack of their new fruit creations for example at $20 I would have jumped on that. Seems like such a simple marketing strategy for them to get people on board with their flavours. :huh:

Too late now ... I'm DIYing and very happy to be doing so! :D

Last edited:

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years

But it could scare new people - that's why we have to harp on it big time

Vapin-Dave

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years

You are correct. But people thinking about trying DIY are DEFINITELY their audience and it seems they're trying to deter/scare them so that AVV won't lose sales. ;)

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Anyone else read the comments on that page?

They're getting trashed for it, if anyone here hasn't commented on their story there do so.

scalewiz

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
There have actually been a number of blog postings on their site since the posting of this article. They don't appear to be going away. But somewhere back in January some fool thought they knew a little more than us peasants.

They have a Vaping Underground link/logo on their pages, so surely someone there is noticing what is happening here and can correct their position before they go completely off course.

One tweet and WWIII begins. Be careful...........the enemy is watching.

RonJS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Ok, I know a guy that bought some base and flavors and just eyeballed it into a 30ml bottle...no shit. There are some amazingly dumb people on this planet. We're the only species whose dumb make it to adulthood...and breed. Sad.

How many are mixing and selling juice and are part of the..."32 million adults in the U.S. can’t read. That’s 14 percent of the population. 21 percent of adults in the U.S. read below a 5th grade level, and 19 percent of high school graduates can’t read." ??
( http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/09/06/illiteracy-rate_n_3880355.html )

I wonder how many commercial juice sellers on a good day can't find their own ass with both hands? I wonder how many commercial mixers, when working, are completely preoccupied and thinking only of their upcoming dates with Mary Jayne Rottencrotch? ;)
While I can't control the manufacture or supply chain of the ingredients I use, I worry more buying some commercial juices than my DIY.

My concern with the Aspen Valley communication are the parts regarding the Indiana vaping legislation. I don't need a reminder regarding the governor who signed all that legislation. (And where he is Now. :facepalm:)

Ron
---
"The federal appeals court said the law “looks very much like a legislative grant of a monopoly to one favored in-state company in the security business.”
http://wishtv.com/2017/01/31/us-appeals-court-strikes-down-part-of-indiana-vaping-law/

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I wonder how many commercial mixers, when working, are completely preoccupied and thinking only of their upcoming dates with Mary Jayne Rottencrotch? ;)

I've often thought what a terrible shame it is that humanity's period of greatest fertility and procreative safety coincides with our late adolescence and earliest adulthood, when we're all still wet behind the ears and mostly without a clue, and I'm pretty sure that's one of the foremost reasons for 50% of marriages ending in divorce -- in those years, your hormones are speaking MUCH louder than your brain and good judgment! It's really a wonder that ANY of us survive those years of hormonal mayhem. Then again, if that wasn't when we're most fertile and interested in doing something with all those hormones, maybe the human race would have died off completely! :giggle: If people waited until they're actually smart and stable enough to be good parents... well, a lot would NEVER get there at all.

And it's another big shame that while vaping is the biggest boon to those of us middle-aged folks who've been smoking for decades and really needed a good way to get free of it, the stores and vendors seem to be dominated by these cloud-blowing immature hormonal hipsters, with their minds firmly in the gutter with Ms. Rottencrotch rather than on whatever they're doing -- such as mixing ejuice.

Andria

CJ-3

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I tried to make some juice today but the math was too hard and I accidentally divided by zero.....
Sorry for destroying the world and all everyone...

divided%20by%20zero_zpsx14f2txb.jpg

Rickajho

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
their blog was clearly not aimed at people like us.
SO while I find it insulting. I didnt see any out right lies...mere exagerations and overstatements
thats marketing 101
why are we wasting som much time on their commericial which is not aimed at us and we would probably never have bought anything from them anyway

That's marketing 101 - which they obviously should not practice without a license - meeting business bankruptcy basics 101.

Although that blab might not be aimed at "us", in these times of social media all you have to do is insult the intelligence of the "us's" of the internet to get the word out pronto regarding truth in advertising and business ethics. Could very well be enough to drive their, according to them, less than one year vaping idiots - aka "new customers" right into the arms of a whole lot of other vendors ready and willing to embrace them.

They stopped short of saying "Only buy from us. Everything else sucks." - but just barely. You don't need to be a brain surgeon - who does maths even - to pick up on that one.

I dub thee Asshole Valley Voops. Knight of Bad Marketing Practices.

CJ-3

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
How many posts do we need to have for it to be the #1 item when someone searches their name?

View attachment 75836

https://aspenvalleyvapes.com/making-your-own-diy-e-juice-might-not-be-a-good-idea/

@Aspenvalleyvapes --- WTH are you thinking Aspen Valley?

Serious? And your a member of Vaping Underground? Remind me to put you on my ignore list for life.
This kind of shit is counter productive to the entire vaping community. Way to “attempt” to promote your own e-juice. Oh, and I’ll never purchase anything from your company — just because of shit like this post.

From #3 on their 5 Reasons Why page: "While you would normally call up your vape shop and ask for a refund, in this case you are to blame for your low quality e-juice."

From their Terms and Conditions page: "No Warranty on E Juice Liquids.
Taste is subjective – no returns on e juice liquid."

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
From #3 on their 5 Reasons Why page: "While you would normally call up your vape shop and ask for a refund, in this case you are to blame for your low quality e-juice."

Great catch. You should put that up on their blog. What a bunch of wankers.

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

I just posted it on their blog.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Well... If you're using common core math.... You might just kill someone.

View attachment 76064

Is that diagram supposed to actually mean something? I'm really damn good at arithmetic, but it seems entirely meaningless to me.

And BTW, claiming that you have to be "good at math" to do DIY is horseshit, but if you can't handle arithmetic... you know, fractions and decimals and percentages, as you learned in GRADE SCHOOL... you might better just buy your juice.

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Welcome to our governments new "Common Core Math" ... this shit is being taught [and failed] to our kids in Florida (and probably other states).

CCMP1New.jpg

I can't make heads nor tails of that "new math" crap, it's completely senseless. But 3 plus 7 is still 10, and carry the 1, which added to the 5 plus 3 equals 9, voila, 90. There is no need to make something "new" out of something very old and basic, particularly when the "new" makes ZERO sense.

Andria

PhantomOp

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
So --- with that said.... I'm only going to assume that the article, when they were speaking about "complicated math" ... they were really talking about our FUCKED UP GOVERNMENT'S "Common Core Math" and how FUCKING stupid it is.

-- rant over --

PhantomOp

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
There is no need to make something "new" out of something very old and basic, particularly when the "new" makes ZERO sense.

Andria
Sure there is ... it's called our government taking it upon themselves to get involved in our children's education --- thank you Obama! again ...

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Sure there is ... it's called our government taking it upon themselves to get involved in our children's education --- thank you Obama! again ...

Well, thank god, he's gone, and we have someone in office now who probably knows how to add and subtract, given how much money he's made in his life. :)

I think it's that "liberal curse"... they keep trying to pretend that giving money to people is "free", when it really just means taking it away from others, so of course they have to fuck with people's understanding of basic arithmetic, to obscure the truth.

Andria

PhantomOp

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
and we have someone in office now who probably knows how to add and subtract
I'll refrain from any further political comments in this thread, as I do have some very strong "thoughts" opinions that I won't voice ... as I do not wish to turn this into the next "who's dicks bigger thread" ... we already have a couple of those threads going on VU.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
They stopped short of saying "Only buy from us. Everything else sucks."

They kind of do say "Only buy from us" right here in bold:

"We’re here to tell you that, especially if you’re relatively new to the vaping community, making DIY e-juices is probably not the best idea. It might save you some money and it might offer the experimentation you’re looking for. But why make e-juices when you can use companies like Aspen Valley Vapes to satisfy your vaping needs?

Here are 5 reasons why making your own DIY e-juice might not be a good idea…"

Last edited:

USMCotaku

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
How many are mixing and selling juice and are part of the..."32 million adults in the U.S. can’t read. That’s 14 percent of the population. 21 percent of adults in the U.S. read below a 5th grade level, and 19 percent of high school graduates can’t read." ??
( http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/09/06/illiteracy-rate_n_3880355.html )

I wonder how many commercial juice sellers on a good day can't find their own ass with both hands? I wonder how many commercial mixers, when working, are completely preoccupied and thinking only of their upcoming dates with Mary Jayne Rottencrotch? ;)
While I can't control the manufacture or supply chain of the ingredients I use, I worry more buying some commercial juices than my DIY.

My concern with the Aspen Valley communication are the parts regarding the Indiana vaping legislation. I don't need a reminder regarding the governor who signed all that legislation. (And where he is Now. :facepalm:)

Ron
---
"The federal appeals court said the law “looks very much like a legislative grant of a monopoly to one favored in-state company in the security business.”
http://wishtv.com/2017/01/31/us-appeals-court-strikes-down-part-of-indiana-vaping-law/
You sir, are either a vet, or a really big fan of Full Metal Jacket :giggle:

USMCotaku

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I think, from now on, when somebody does something completely asinine or idiotic we should call it "pulling an Aspen".
Or if we witness someone about to do such, we could warn them that they are "entering Aspen Valley"

@Aspenvalleyvapes - You didn't fly out to DC to fight the FDA for any other reason than to save your cash cow, selling marked up juice. Don't insult our intelligence with this nonsense. You blatantly spread misinformation, fear and intimidation, just to try and drum up profits for your own wallets for the sole purpose of taking whats left in our wallets (After big brother takes what they want from us), with no concern for anyone's best interest or well being but your own. Stepping on other people to get where you want is the sole issue wrong with this world. How's business by the way?

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I made quite a few dogs, and still sometimes make something that isn't quite what I thought it would be... but considering they basically cost pennies per ml, and I never make more than 6ml with a new recipe I'm trying out... pft.

Andria

MagicJosh

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
HAHA They said .... It actually takes more time than you might think, and you’re going to need to make adjustments to your calculations if something tastes off once you’ve made your final product If you ever seen me make ejuic eyou would laugh at this statment. It takes me no more then 5 minutes to make awesome tasting ejuice.

VU Sponsors