Become a Patron!

Has this happened before?

jetstream87

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Lately I been noticing that my juice been turning into a light brown color. I already cleaned my tank, switched my coils, and added new juice. What can cause this?

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Highly sweetened juice. I've had juices, particularly from budget suppliers like MBV, that will darken as they're vaped. I find these juices also gunk coils quickly, and that once the coils have acquired a buildup the juice just darkens faster.

Do you also notice that your flavors acquire a sort of maple-syrupy sweetness as the darkening occurs?

jetstream87

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yeah also noticed that it cannot handle high wattage like 30w. I just get some burnt dry hits

jetstream87

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I got a MVP3 with Kangertech Aerotank Mega, 1.0 ohms dual coil, Black Label Eskimo Kiss or Mtbakervapor Hawk Sauce

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I can't vouch for Black Label, but Mt. Baker juices always need steeping and will usually get darker in color within 2-4 weeks after you get them.

jetstream87

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I got the light brown color for Mt. Baker in like 2-3 days in my atomizer, the Black Label in a week. I am starting to think that it is the coils that burn out. According to them it is made to handle above 30 watts but I believe it is for lower wattage

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
One way to find out - do lower wattage and see what happens. I thought you were saying it turns dark in the bottle. If it's darkening in the atomizer, OBDave is right, the sugary vapes kinda "caramelize", in a matter of speaking, as your high wattage is "cooking" them. I've noticed higher VG juices do that sometimes too.

jetstream87

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I tried lower wattages and does tend to be better but some tend give a mord different flavor. I ordered the high voltage sub-ohm tank in which I bought it over online from a store located in Orange County, California....some idiot at the post office mus-routed the package to New York in which delayed my package since it was suppise to be delievered in LA. Recommend any juices that can handle high wattage? Space Jam? Cosmic Fog?

Kinser

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Over the years I've noticed that some juices will darken in tanks without being applied to high wattage. For example I was vaping a watermelon and cantaloupe flavor in a nautilus at around 11W. It darkened over the course of a few days. You could just be experiencing oxidization of the nicotine if you're not getting any burnt, off or caramel like tastes.

BillW50

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Some of my juices, some from MBV taste awful after steeping. Like MBV Hazelnut Coffee, Coffee, Maui Sunrise, Strawberry, Spurberry, etc. Unfortunately I loved many of them before steeping and I bought 8oz bottles of some and now they are worthless. The above flavors can't take heat or steeping. One called MBV Dream Tea is fine steeped, but it is the most sensitive towards heat. I can only chain vape it in a tank at 4.5 watts tops. Any higher and the clear liquids turns brown and then has no flavor.

I don't know why the vaping community is very quiet about e-juice? This should be known to newbies right away. As I wasted so much money on e-juice that quickly goes bad. And that learning when cotton burns is one thing, but many e-juices burns long before the cotton will.

Flik Flak

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Do many juices go off if stored too long?
@BillW50 do they just lose flavour when they do or are they completely un-vapable?

BillW50

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
No most juices are fine. MBV does carry a few juices (not all) that changes drastically in two weeks or more. Other vendor juices seems to be far more stable.

jetstream87

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
MBV the Hawk juice is good but kinda gives me a taste of soap idk why don't ask how neither

VU Sponsors