Become a Patron!

Has vaping skewed your thought processes?

shawn.hoefer

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just had a notification pop up... a new email... in the title I read "$69 DNA kit" and I was all excited, until I realized it was from Ancestry(dot)com and really meant DNA and had nothing to do with vaping.

Sigh...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I just had a notification pop up... a new email... in the title I read "$69 DNA kit" and I was all excited, until I realized it was from Ancestry(dot)com and really meant DNA and had nothing to do with vaping.

Sigh...

Yes

Sonar505

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Modder
Yes Final Answer is still yes. :facepalm: Quite often while walking thru a store (Does not matter what kind) I often find myself looking at something and the first thought that pops in to my head is how can I use this to improve my vaping experience. Can't figure a way well then how about for organizing my supplies Yes! (Maybe?) So full plan on how to use this forms in my head and I buy it. Take it home put project on To Do list. By the time I get around to it Oldtimers disease has removed it from my brain. Sometimes I remember and sometimes not. And that is how Ladies and Gentlemen you can all of a sudden find yourself with a shit ton of plastic shoe boxes filled with Bits n Bobs all in the name of Vaping. Shawn I also find myself reacting to certain trigger words that over time I have come to associate with vaping. Weird how that happens.

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Yes Final Answer is still yes. :facepalm: Quite often while walking thru a store (Does not matter what kind) I often find myself looking at something and the first thought that pops in to my head is how can I use this to improve my vaping experience. Can't figure a way well then how about for organizing my supplies Yes! (Maybe?) So full plan on how to use this forms in my head and I buy it. Take it home put project on To Do list. By the time I get around to it Oldtimers disease has removed it from my brain. Sometimes I remember and sometimes not. And that is how Ladies and Gentlemen you can all of a sudden find yourself with a shit ton of plastic shoe boxes filled with Bits n Bobs all in the name of Vaping. Shawn I also find myself reacting to certain trigger words that over time I have come to associate with vaping. Weird how that happens.
I do the same thing. Could have bought another set up with all the buck or two's I've spent on that pile of stuff.

David Wolf

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee

Sigh...

Ahaha :D
No but It does take more of my free time than i would like, doing my diy juice, cleaning tanks, building and installing coils, wicking, and oh that temptation to buy new stuff :eek:
I've just got to set up a two week routine so i don't have to worry about it every 5 days.

ShowerHead

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Why I believe it has.
I think that most mods that hit the market are worth buying and will work well.
That the FDA and my local health board have my best interests at heart.
The designer juice has just gotta be the best.

But, no, I've not fallen for the DNA kit. Even for $69.00
Wait! Where did you see this, I need one too! DNA 75 or 250?

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That's hilarious Shawn, a few have gotten me as well. Mostly the thoughts that have changed since I've been vaping is to do with quality control or lack of. Stupid things, paint, battery doors, rattling buttons. It's 2017 ffs, I know damn well in the 80's I could pick up any walkman that wasn't a $4 flea market special and not even have to worry about it. They worked. The battery doors worked, the buttons didn't rattle. This isn't rocket science.

Having to worry about things like loose 510's pushing out when they're only glued in. Ridiculous flaws, whether using an offset shaped plate under the 510, a nut, whatever - a captured 510 isn't difficult nor is it beyond the realm of simple. Sheer laziness. I can accept that different mods will have different shapes, different battery covers, different chips with varying capabilities. The basics though, there's no excuse. A display of how lazy companies are becoming and what low standards they have.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
That's hilarious Shawn, a few have gotten me as well. Mostly the thoughts that have changed since I've been vaping is to do with quality control or lack of. Stupid things, paint, battery doors, rattling buttons. It's 2017 ffs, I know damn well in the 80's I could pick up any walkman that wasn't a $4 flea market special and not even have to worry about it. They worked. The battery doors worked, the buttons didn't rattle. This isn't rocket science.

Having to worry about things like loose 510's pushing out when they're only glued in. Ridiculous flaws, whether using an offset shaped plate under the 510, a nut, whatever - a captured 510 isn't difficult nor is it beyond the realm of simple. Sheer laziness. I can accept that different mods will have different shapes, different battery covers, different chips with varying capabilities. The basics though, there's no excuse. A display of how lazy companies are becoming and what low standards they have.

I agree. 100%. Paint is an excellent example. My oldest Sigelei Minibook, I bought in June of 2016; it's the deep red one, and as my favorite mod, has gotten used a LOT -- and I commonly vape with my left hand while at the PC, which means my wedding ring is in near-constant contact with that red paint. And there's not a single solitary mark, scratch, chip, nor anything else in that lovely shimmering red paint job/enameling. It looks as perfect as the day it arrived... and I paid $20 for it, from VaporBeast. My black one, and the 2 white ones I have now, same story: perfect condition.

So exactly WTF is Pioneer4You's problem, with their iPV Minis? Both the blue and black, I'd had less than a month before they were nicked, dinged, and scratched all to hell. I paid $30 for the blue, and $35 for the black, from Dec 2015 to Feb 2016. Both are now wrapped, because I like those mods a lot, and wasn't willing to either stop using them, or go around with my mod looking like a damn hobo or something. :facepalm: I've got 3.5 yr old vv3's in better shape than those looked when they were only a month old!

Same exactly for the SX Mini M Class, and that was originally a $190 mod! I can't really complain, because the only reason I could ever afford one was to buy it here from someone in the forum -- who was selling it cheap because almost all the paint had come off!

That's simply pitiful.

Andria

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Until vaper's refuse to buy subpar gear companies will continue to save money putting out subpar gear. Quality product and quality control takes more money to produce. Frankly we all know how it works, until we prove we are willing to pay for quality we get what we get.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don't know if skewed is the right word, but my voyage in the vaping world has cemented in me the realization of just how evil our goverment is and how unneccesary it is.....vaping went from an obscure bizzare invention used by the lunatic fringe into mainstream into a billion dollar a year industry. it accomplished this without the aid of any goverment, any goverment agency,any corporate orginization,any major funding from the Banking cartels,the U.N. the WHO, in fact it became a billion dollar a year industry in spite of all the above orginizations trying united to destroy vaping..it became a succesfull industry and a life saver to millions of people and it was created in the shops and garages of relatively poor men with the humble funds they could pull together from friend and family...it showed me the immense power of free people being allowed access to their creativity unfettered by the goverment, how they could change the world and have a lot of fun doing it......and it showed me the great lengths and lies the goverments would go to in order to squash and maligine that miricale.to keep the big lie in place that we need the goverment to help us....we only need freedom and each other.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I don't know if skewed is the right word, but my voyage in the vaping world has cemented in me the realization of just how evil our goverment is and how unneccesary it is.....vaping went from an obscure bizzare invention used by the lunatic fringe into mainstream into a billion dollar a year industry. it accomplished this without the aid of any goverment, any goverment agency,any corporate orginization,any major funding from the Banking cartels,the U.N. the WHO, in fact it became a billion dollar a year industry in spite of all the above orginizations trying united to destroy vaping..it became a succesfull industry and a life saver to millions of people and it was created in the shops and garages of relatively poor men with the humble funds they could pull together from friend and family...it showed me the immense power of free people being allowed access to their creativity unfettered by the goverment, how they could change the world and have a lot of fun doing it......and it showed me the great lengths and lies the goverments would go to in order to squash and maligine that miricale.to keep the big lie in place that we need the goverment to help us....we only need freedom and each other.
We do need a government to protect our freedom. What we don't need is a government that promises to protect our freedom as well as constantly attacks our freedom.

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don't buy into the whole 'it costs more to produce quality gear', $50 and $60 mods have the same issue. Plenty of things are painted or dyed and don't peel or fade. I can get a whole fricken car bumper painted with automotive quality paint for around $100 and it doesn't peel and that's enough paint for several mods and then some. It's laziness, not a question of money.

If vapers refused to buy substandard vape gear 95% of us would be forced to return to smoking. I don't mind paying for quality, I do however refuse to be raped for it. There's a difference, the trouble is I know the difference and there's no argument a mod company is going to make that in order to get buttons that don't rattle and paint not to scratch when you look at it that isn't a total bucket of bullshit. lol

In keeping with the theme of the original post, it happened again to me. I ran across a post on social media that mentioned '15 bands in just three days' and I couldn't for the life of me figure out how someone was going through so many vape bands. Then realized the friend who posted wasn't even a vaper and they were referring to bands at some music festival. I lost interest and kept scrolling. haha.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Nano sized pen needles on a prescription order yesterday, made me think of this thread, then a tank. All day long, I'm seeing certain gauges of needles, then working with mls, and I use a scale for weighing some meds. So yeah, I suppose all day long, I'm kinda thinking of tanks and DIY,

VU Sponsors