Become a Patron!

Haven't used my vape in months, need some help!

What's up vapers I haven't used my vape in like 6 months or more. I was wondering what I should do in order to use it again. It's been collecting dust so I would like to clean it. Is it safe to wash the tank and tip? Should I also replace the coil while I'm at it? Please give me some tips on what I should do to start making some epic clouds again. Thanks in advance!

Khassy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
You should probably mention what kind of hardware it is.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Welcome to VU:wave:
You can wash the tank, that would be first, I'd DEF start with a fresh coil as well, make sure your tank dries out well before adding the new coil, and prime the coil good first.

Welcome to VU:wave:
You can wash the tank, that would be first, I'd DEF start with a fresh coil as well, make sure your tank dries out well before adding the new coil, and prime the coil good first.

Thank you! By priming you mean just holding the button down or tapping it, right?

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
No, priming the coil is putting juice on it, in the holes where you see the cotton, soaking it good and letting it sit a few minutes:)

bugalien

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thank you! By priming you mean just holding the button down or tapping it, right?
I wouldn't fire the device without making sure the coil is saturated with juice first. It will just ruin the wicking in the coil and vape will be nasty. You may also want to start out at a lower wattage than the coil calls for and work your way up until you get the vape that you like. I seem to usually like my wattage quite a bit lower than is stated (best used) on the coils of my Baby beast tank.

VU Sponsors