Become a Patron!

Haze' s Bourban Chai

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Oh my you guys! Teresa P has me sold on FLV Rich Cinnamon! Darn expensive, but it blows all others cinnamon flavors away imo!! Thank you, Thank you @Teresa P for the sample you sent me! You are the absolute best vendor in the entire universe! Next recipe worthy of posting is in your honor! This is for our savory boozy loving buddy Haze! :cheers:

So Haze, for the black pepper sample you sent me, this one is for you!

Haze 's Bourban Chai
2.5% TFA Kentucky Bourbon
1.5% FA Vanilla Tahiti
.5% FA Anise
.5% FA Cardamom
.5% FA Clove or TFA Pumpkin Spice...I used pumpkin spice
.5% FA Black Pepper
.5% FA Honey
.5% TFA Holiday Spice
.5% NF Organic Ginger
.5% FLV Rich Cinnamon ( you can try FA or TFA, but it won't be as good imho. and I hate to be an enabler at the cost of this cinnamon, it's outrageous, but a bottle will last me forever due to its potency.)

This was a recipe I adapted which normally includes a splash of bourbon in creamy chai tea. I did try with 1-2% FA Black Tea and 1% FA Fresh Cream as well as a version with Vienna Cream, but I prefer the above as I'm not found of black tea vapes.

Heads up: Haze may want to up the Bourbon:D

Comfygirl

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Oh my you guys! Teresa P has me sold on FLV Rich Cinnamon! Darn expensive, but it blows all others cinnamon flavors away imo!! Thank you, Thank you @Teresa P for the sample you sent me! You are the absolute best vendor in the entire universe! Next recipe worthy of posting is in your honor! This is for our savory boozy loving buddy Haze! :cheers:

So Haze, for the black pepper sample you sent me, this one is for you!

Haze 's Bourban Chai
2.5% TFA Kentucky Bourbon
1.5% FA Vanilla Tahiti
.5% FA Anise
.5% FA Cardamom
.5% FA Clove or TFA Pumpkin Spice...I used pumpkin spice
.5% FA Black Pepper
.5% FA Honey
.5% TFA Holiday Spice
.5% NF Organic Ginger
.5% FLV Rich Cinnamon ( you can try FA or TFA, but it won't be as good imho. and I hate to be an enabler at the cost of this cinnamon, it's outrageous, but a bottle will last me forever due to its potency.)

This was a recipe I adapted which normally includes a splash of bourbon in creamy chai tea. I did try with 1-2% FA Black Tea and 1% FA Fresh Cream as well as a version with Vienna Cream, but I prefer the above as I'm not found of black tea vapes.

Heads up: Haze may want to up the Bourbon:D
What about brandy chai? While I like the idea of boubon... I just can't quite stomach the smell of any hard liquors...

RonJS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Oh my you guys! Teresa P has me sold on FLV Rich Cinnamon! Darn expensive, but it blows all others cinnamon flavors away imo!!
<snip>

I was hesitant to buy that $$$ flavor since I don't use cinnamon all that often. Nicotine River's 20% off & Free shipping offer (around last Thanksgiving) gave me the necessary purchase nudge. :)

Certainly the best cinnamon I ever tasted and it IS strong stuff. I was working on a coconut creme brulee mix and I wanted to add "Just a touch" of cinnamon. I added 3 drops to the 30ml mix and it was much more prominent than I then desired. (next time just 1 drop...for a "touch" ;)) Then again, the rich cinnamon amount added tasted fine and I might just leave that part of the mix as it is....:devil:

Ron
---
"To see and listen to the wicked is already the beginning of wickedness."- Confucius

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What about brandy chai? While I like the idea of boubon... I just can't quite stomach the smell of any hard liquors...
Ya know what Comfygirl, when I write or even view others recipes I adapt them to my own personal taste many times. Seeing what flavors mix good together is helpful giving us ideas and helps us learn. I do believe that the vanilla tahiti being the sweetest FA vanilla and gives off a slight cherry- almond undertone.
If it were me and I were you I'd experiment a little with the above. Mix it up 6 ml. w/o the Bourbon and drip some to taste. Is it real strong in spices to your palette? Try diluting with another 6 ml. Of base and maybe keep the vanilla full strength and taste. Then try adding 1% of Brandy to taste and see what you get. You can always add more...fyi, if you like tea, the black tea version is good in place of bourbon. Whatever you try and of you like the results give them a post here for all of us. Mostly have fun!!

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I was hesitant to buy that $$$ flavor since I don't use cinnamon all that often. Nicotine River's 20% off & Free shipping offer (around last Thanksgiving) gave me the necessary purchase nudge. :)

Certainly the best cinnamon I ever tasted and it IS strong stuff. I was working on a coconut creme brulee mix and I wanted to add "Just a touch" of cinnamon. I added 3 drops to the 30ml mix and it was much more prominent than I then desired. (next time just 1 drop...for a "touch" ;)) Then again, the rich cinnamon amount added tasted fine and I might just leave that part of the mix as it is....:devil:

Ron
---
"To see and listen to the wicked is already the beginning of wickedness."- Confucius
It is extremely potent. Often can be used at 1 drop in 24 ml. Of a recipe. She. I vape this cinnamon I get a sugary type of cinnamon,like you might sprinkle on cereal, Apple's, or French toast. What do you get? Yep I know the price is stupidly high.

I love coconut..mind sharing what you got going on? It sounds good.

RonJS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
It is extremely potent. Often can be used at 1 drop in 24 ml. Of a recipe. She. I vape this cinnamon I get a sugary type of cinnamon,like you might sprinkle on cereal, Apple's, or French toast. What do you get? Yep I know the price is stupidly high.

I love coconut..mind sharing what you got going on? It sounds good.

I don't get much sweetness but do get brightness. If I had to compare it with something; I'm thinking similar to the dominant spice in Cinnamon Toast Crunch cereal ...(but a much cleaner and Better cinnamon with, of course, no sweet cereal notes).

I added my aforementioned 3 drops of the FLV to 3.8% INW Coconut and 2.5% INW Creme Brulee. (50/50 18mg VT nic. base) I'm thinking about perhaps adding .5% FA Vienna and/or FA Marshmallow. Or, maybe just upping the Creme Brulee a bit. I'm going to let it age for another week and revisit. (If I remember:))

I'm not a big fan of creamy vapes, but so far this has been good. I also like coconut and my favorable opinion could be based on that the mix being more a Coconut juice flavored with Creme Brulee instead of the other way around.

Ron
---
"Let's just say I was testing the bounds of reality. I was curious to see what would happen. That's all it was curiosity. "-Jim Morrison

Matthee

VU Donator
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I love spicy juices. This one is the best of all the ones I have mixed or tasted! Thank you for the recipe Daintanee. Had to use FLV Bourbon (at 2 %).

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I'm glad you are enjoying it. Wow, Flv. has bourbon now. They have been expanding their line of flavors.
Yup, FLV announced a whole bunch of new flavors prior to the Aug. 8th FDA bullstuff. Got in under the wire to give them time before needing to lay out the bucks for the FDA testing.

VU Sponsors