Become a Patron!

HCigar voltage issue

PaulS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
So I have the HCigar DNA 200 and I put a bellus RTA on it. I'm vaping it at 35 watts with a .28 ohm dual coil. The voltage reads 12.6 V? Can that be right? Why would the voltage be so high? And this drains my batteries quicker too. I would have thought at 35 watts I would get a full day from it?

Last edited:

Vlad1

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
So I have the HCigar DNA 200 and I put a bellus RTA on it. I'm vaping it at 35 watts with a .28 ohm dual coil. The voltage reads 12.6 V? Can that be right? Why would the voltage be so high? And this drains my batteries quicker too. I would have thought at 35 watts I would get a full day from it?

Where are you reading 12.6V from? That would be the packs total voltage 4.2V x 3 cells = 12.6V and the board doesn't do any Boost so you really couldn't go any higher than that.

If you were truly vaping at 12.6V with a .28Ω coil, assuming your running in power mode it would be a pretty hot vape at about 567 watts

PaulS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Exactly - but that is the voltage reading on the LED. First the top value is V - the second value is ohm. Underneath is the temp but I'm in power mode so it is not relevant. I'm wondering if the V reading is also a non issue.

Vlad1

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Exactly - but that is the voltage reading on the LED. First the top value is V - the second value is ohm. Underneath is the temp but I'm in power mode so it is not relevant. I'm wondering if the V reading is also a non issue.

Sounds like you may have modified the Display fields under the Screen tab. If default it should be first Ohms, second Voltage and then Temerature. You might make sure you haven't selected "Battery Pack" instead of the Default "Voltage" on the Screen Tab.

upload_2015-10-27_7-57-16.png

VU Sponsors