Become a Patron!

Hcigar VT133 and battery % disappearing...

Mueske

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
With both of my new VT133's, the weirdest thing happens: as soon as I get around 60% remaining battery percentage, 30% of battery life instantly disappears, and this drops the remaining batter percentage to 30% total battery life left. I own 4 DNA 200 mods, 2 VT133's, and 2 Wismec Reuleaux DNA 200's and I know how in the mod tab to put in my battery mah, and total nominal voltage in the watt-hour calculator in Escribe correctly (my Wismec;s accurately discharge, it is just my VT133's that have this discharge problem).

This happens whether I use either dual 3000 mah batteries, or dual 2500 mah batteries (of course I re-adjusted the mah for each set using the watt-hour calculator in Escribe, and uploaded settings to device), does anyone else on here have this issue with the VT133?

Or better yet, does anyone know how I might be able to resolve this situation, with 30% of my battery life instantly disappearing, this makes the difference for me not being able to make it through an entire shift at work carrying just one mod.

Last edited:

Mueske

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thank you for the reply, when I clicked on the link you left, it gives me an error.

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Thank you for the reply, when I clicked on the link you left, it gives me an error.
That is a tag for a member who should be able to help you when he gets back online, he has a VT133. I don't own one myself, but know he can offer some assistance to you.

Mueske

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Ok great, I will wait patiently for that member, or anyone to help me out. It's probably just some stupid setting in Escribe that I am unaware of, as I'm kind of a newbie with Escribe, but I can tell you my soft-cell cutoff is 2.6, and yes it is set to "Lithium Polymer" 2 cell.

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm going to post some numbers, I know you said you know how to figure out so don't think I'm disrespecting you by doing it, just double checking.
For dual 3000mah = 22.2WH
Dual 2500mah = 18.5WH
Obviousily 2 cells Lithium Polymer selected
My mod resistance is set to .004 ohms.
I've also added a CSV file for my LG HG2's batteries
Filled in my case thermals also.
I have my Soft Cell set to 3.09 which I'm going to lower to 2.9v
upload_2016-6-28_9-38-28.png
upload_2016-6-28_9-27-25.png

Cheers,
Steve

Last edited:

Mueske

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thank you both for your replies. Yes with my dual 3000 mah batteries in, my watt-hour calculator matches the = 22.2 Wh, and always has. I reset my Soft Cell back up to 3.0, and I copied your thermals you posted to see if this will help.

Mueske

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Wingsfan0310: Thanks for your help on the other thread! I think it was in my stock CSV settings, because as soon as I loaded your LG HG2 CSV into the VT133, it went away. I never ran the battery analyzer like you did (don't know how) to get a more definite CSV, so from now on I'll just use LG HG2 3000 mah batteries, and your CSV, and call it a day! Thanks for all the custom screens and themes, and thanks for your help resolving this weird battery drain!

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Wingsfan0310: Thanks for your help on the other thread! I think it was in my stock CSV settings, because as soon as I loaded your LG HG2 CSV into the VT133, it went away. I never ran the battery analyzer like you did (don't know how) to get a more definite CSV, so from now on I'll just use LG HG2 3000 mah batteries, and your CSV, and call it a day! Thanks for all the custom screens and themes, and thanks for your help resolving this weird battery drain!
You're Welcome my friend! Somewhere in that thread is the CSV for Samsung 25R's as well. It might make a little bit of a difference but the big difference would be changing the WH when switching between the cells. If I was switching back and forth, I wouldn't switch CSV's. If I switched from 1 to the other permanently, I would.

PS The only thing that you will notice is it will make your battery meter more accurate. For example if your using the settings for HG2's but have 25R's in the mod, the battery bar will still show some charge when you get the "Weak Battery message (I'm more talking about nor changing the WH).

Cheers,
Steve

Didn't read following comments, but are you really using a 2 cell LiPo battery? I am under the impression the VT133 uses a 2 18650Lithium Ion not Lithium polymer. So maybe that is it if haven't already switched it.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Didn't read following comments, but are you really using a 2 cell LiPo battery? I am under the impression the VT133 uses a 2 18650Lithium Ion not Lithium polymer. So maybe that is it if haven't already switched it.
The VT133 does use dual 18650's however for the DNA200, you choose Lithium Polymer. Lithium Ion isn't one of the choices. I'm not at home, from memory the choices are Lipo, LiFePo4, and power supply. Lipo is the correct choice.

I have my softcell cutoff set to 2.8V, set the correct Watt Hours, and select 2 cells. If you want to you can always upload the proper battery discharge curve as I mentioned in my earlier posts.

Last edited:

TastersChoice

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Steve saves the day again lol :D

I'm thoroughly enjoying my VT133, I ordered a few other mods and tanks that should arriving by Saturday but I highly doubt they'd replace the amount of time I'm dedicating to this thing. Vape Easy guys!

The VT133 does use dual 18650's however for the DNA200, you choose Lithium Polymer. Lithium Ion isn't one of the choices. I'm not at home, from memory the choices are Lipo, LiFePo4, and power supply. Lipo is the correct choice.

I have my softcell cutoff set to 2.8V, set the correct Watt Hours, and select 2 cells. If you want to you can always upload the proper battery discharge curve as I mentioned in my earlier posts.
The thing is, 18650 batteries are ALL Lithium Ion. I have a DNA200 (and use eScribe) using the 3s 1600 LiPo = 4800mAh and have the DNA 75 (LiI on 18650) but not 133....seems something is missing.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The thing is, 18650 batteries are ALL Lithium Ion. I have a DNA200 (and use eScribe) using the 3s 1600 LiPo = 4800mAh and have the DNA 75 (LiI on 18650) but not 133....seems something is missing.
The voltage of a Lipo and Lithium Ion is the same. That's all that selection is for. You can upload the proper battery discharge curve.

I'm not sure what your point is. The DNA200 doesn't have Lithium Ion as a choice in Escribe.

Edit That setting is used in conjunction with the number of cells so the chip knows what to set the Hard Cell Cutoff at (voltage).

Last edited:

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don't really understand Evolv's method of setting the battery meter based on the battery capacity.
First the capacity publicized by the manufacturer is not really accurate since it's amp dependent, second the battery capacity degrades over time.

Why not just use the max voltage (4.2) and the min voltage based on soft cutoff and update the bar based on the measured voltage.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don't really understand Evolv's method of setting the battery meter based on the battery capacity.
First the capacity publicized by the manufacturer is not really accurate since it's amp dependent, second the battery capacity degrades over time.

Why not just use the max voltage (4.2) and the min voltage based on soft cutoff and update the bar based on the measured voltage.
The reason behind it is so the battery bar moves in a more linear way.

If you set your cutoff voltage at say 2.8V, it would drop like a rock if it just went by voltage.

VU Sponsors