Become a Patron!

HCIGAR VT133/VT167 Dual 18650 DNA200/250

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
I got VT167 (Black and White version) last week. The cover is made out of something like rubber with non slip grip texture.

20111019163227315.jpg

It looks something like this, with smaller texture and different color.

Oh, any recommendation on Set Value for desired temperature to get sweet spot?
Hcigar makes some pretty good quality shit for a china company IMO.
I passed on this Vt167 though cause i have the 133 and wanted something different. So i ordered the Finder167

Nevweezy

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
It looks like there are 2 colors available. Gray frame with a black cover
6422400-2.jpg

And Black frame with a Black and White cover
6209300-1.jpg

I'm not sure what the covers are made out of.

Cheers,
Steve
Oh ok. I swear though that I seen a review that was black body and black carbon fiber. I'll try and find it. So I know exactly what reviewer it was.

Edit: it was Mike Vapes.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I got VT167 (Black and White version) last week. The cover is made out of something like rubber with non slip grip texture.

20111019163227315.jpg

It looks something like this, with smaller texture and different color.

Oh, any recommendation on Set Value for desired temperature to get sweet spot?
I'm not sure if your asking what temperature I set mine to, but I think that's what your asking. I use mainly Aromamizer Supremes (25mm, dual velocity style deck). I normally use 28ga SS430, 7 wraps, 2.5mm ID, 30 watts (60w preheat (1 second, 5 punch) at 420F.

Here's my case thermals and mod resistance for the VT133:
upload_2016-12-6_20-28-11.png

Cheers,
Steve

I'm not sure if your asking what temperature I set mine to, but I think that's what your asking. I use mainly Aromamizer Supremes (25mm, dual velocity style deck). I normally use 28ga SS430, 7 wraps, 2.5mm ID, 30 watts (60w preheat (1 second, 5 punch) at 420F.

Cheers,
Steve

Thank you, Steve. Yes, I mean that 420F.
When I use 420F, it produce cold vapor. So I increase it until 480-500F on my Goon 22mm (SS430, 27, 8 wraps, 3mm, dual coil, around 0.32ohm). Is it normal?

What is safe temperature for SS430? And, do you ever try Titanium wire? Is it better than SS430?

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
When I use 420F, it produce cold vapor. So I increase it until 480-500F on my Goon 22mm (SS430, 27, 8 wraps, 3mm, dual coil, around 0.32ohm). Is it normal?

What is safe temperature for SS430? And, do you ever try Titanium wire? Is it better than SS430?
Where did you get your SS430 from? I'm asking because I get mine from Unkamen:
http://www.creatingunkamen.com/prod...e-nickel-free-introductory-sale-100-guarantee

I tried some from Crazy Wire and the TCR was way off. I use the curve from Steam Engine with the Unk and it works like a charm (TCR is .00138).

There is nothing wrong with going up to 500F. It could just be you prefer a hotter vape than I do.

PS With the CW SS430, I had to adjust my TCR to .00175-.002 to get comparable results.

Cheers,
Steve

Ye
Where did you get your SS430 from? I'm asking because I get mine from Unkamen:
http://www.creatingunkamen.com/prod...e-nickel-free-introductory-sale-100-guarantee

I tried some from Crazy Wire and the TCR was way off. I use the curve from Steam Engine with the Unk and it works like a charm (TCR is .00138).

There is nothing wrong with going up to 500F. It could just be you prefer a hotter vape than I do.

PS With the CW SS430, I had to adjust my TCR to .00175-.002 to get comparable results.

Cheers,
Steve

Yeah, I got it from Crazy Wire UK. I use TCR .00138, but I don't have another 430 wire to compare. I'll try .00175 and see how it goes.

I try Crazy Wire because it came from the factory, or I guess it is. It stated for vaping wire. The Unkamen is originally jewellery accessories, right? I'll order some later.

And, do you dry burned SS430 before using it?

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Ye

Yeah, I got it from Crazy Wire UK. I use TCR .00138, but I don't have another 430 wire to compare. I'll try .00175 and see how it goes.

I try Crazy Wire because it came from the factory, or I guess it is. It stated for vaping wire. The Unkamen is originally jewellery accessories, right? I'll order some later.

And, do you dry burned SS430 before using it?
Not a fan of crazy wire. Get some ss430 clapton wire from advanced vape supply. It's amazing

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

ShowerHead

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

That should get you close, if not, let me know and I'll find what I used for it.
The Unkamen 430 is spot on and excellent wire.
You can dry burn it, or just wipe it down with alcohol first.

Me and Crazy Wire have decided to part ways. Me because I like to receive what I purchase. Them because I have received 3 separate wire types from them and only one was correct as far as TCR. SS430 wasn't, SS316L wasn't, NiFe52 was.

That should get you close, if not, let me know and I'll find what I used for it.
The Unkamen 430 is spot on and excellent wire.
You can dry burn it, or just wipe it down with alcohol first.

Me and Crazy Wire have decided to part ways. Me because I like to receive what I purchase. Them because I have received 3 separate wire types from them and only one was correct as far as TCR. SS430 wasn't, SS316L wasn't, NiFe52 was.
I don't know how to calculate the TCR for my wire is correct or not. Can you show me how to measure you got the correct TCR for your wire?

I just try it, with .00138 TCR I've to set the temperature up until around 480F, with .00175 I just set it to 410F to get the same warm vapor.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don't know how to calculate the TCR for my wire is correct or not. Can you show me how to measure you got the correct TCR for your wire?

I just try it, with .00138 TCR I've to set the temperature up until around 480F, with .00175 I just set it to 410F to get the same warm vapor.
Well I went by feel/taste. I know what 420F should feel/taste like with all my other wire including UNK SS430. I knew the CW SS430 at 420 was too cool so I raised my TCR until it seemed about right.

I gently dry burn mine by pulsing the coils until they just start to glow.

Cheers,
Steve

ShowerHead

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

That's the best method for that wire, try it and adjust the TCR value. Sounds like you have it nailed or close to it.
Be sure to send a thank you note to the CW folks for giving you a learning opportunity.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
I mainly posted it for people that want the model with the Gray frame with Black cover (and for people not in the USA). That one isn't available yet from ecig-city. :cheers:

Cheers,
Steve
so when the new 167 mods come in, are we gonna keep using this thread or make a new one lol
which ones did you order? i wouldn't mind borrowing a file if you got a finder 167. if not I'll just make my own lol

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
so when the new 167 mods come in, are we gonna keep using this thread or make a new one lol
which ones did you order? i wouldn't mind borrowing a file if you got a finder 167. if not I'll just make my own lol
I think I'll edit the title to include the VT167 along with the VT133. I haven't ordered a VT167 yet.

I did order the GM with Brown/Red Croc from FT. It's on the way but hasn't arrived yet. I'll post that file when I get it.

PS If people want a separate thread for the VT167, that's cool with me. Whatever people think is better.

PSS So far I like the Gray with the Black cover best.

Cheers,
Steve

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
I think I'll edit the title to include the VT167 along with the VT133. I haven't ordered a VT167 yet.

I did order the GM with Brown/Red Croc from FT. It's on the way but hasn't arrived yet. I'll post that file when I get it.

PS If people want a separate thread for the VT167, that's cool with me. Whatever people think is better.

Cheers,
Steve
whats the Gunmetal? the finder? cause thats what i got. or did you get the therion?

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
That exact one but it still hasn't hit the USA according to USPS tacking. It's not a big deal because most of the time it doesn't update until after it's through Customs in Chicago. I hope it comes soon but I'm not holding my breath. :giggle:
View attachment 68704
It was too pretty to pass up

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

The way I see it the temp needs to be set as low as it can be and as high as it needs to be.

People use all sorts of SS in VW too without problems and even setting your temp to the max would be considered safer then that.
I wouldn't do the same with Ti or Ni200, in fact I would use them at all.

Last edited:

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Last edited:
Having a nightmare, not sure how many of you are from the UK or have experience with Yodel as a delivery service.

Well they are terrible, and the driver has dropped by vt167 into the porch of the house opposite mine rather than just deliver it to me.

The guy across the road appears to have gone away, so I can literally see the package (with my name printed on it) but I cant get to it as the door is locked.

ShowerHead

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Having a nightmare, not sure how many of you are from the UK or have experience with Yodel as a delivery service.

Well they are terrible, and the driver has dropped by vt167 into the porch of the house opposite mine rather than just deliver it to me.

The guy across the road appears to have gone away, so I can literally see the package (with my name printed on it) but I cant get to it as the door is locked.

They sound like the UK equivalent of FedEx who conveniently delivered my new mobile phone to a random house in the neighborhood.
Luckily, I have nice neighbors, and later that day they brought my package to me.
I feel for you, at least I didn't have to look at the package.

New VT 167 owner here.
Having a problem with my SE1 with .5 coils.
Keep getting ohms to high error.
Only happens with this tank.
They are SS coils. Will get this error in wattage or tc mode.
Even with locked resistance in tc it will give that error.
In wattage mode I can make the error stop by dropping the wattage.
Seems anything below 60 watts will do the trick.
Anyone have any advice? Is it a setting? A bug?

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
New VT 167 owner here.
sounds like a coil issue. did you try replacing the coil? Uwell coils are known to be hit or miss

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
New VT 167 owner here.
The VT133 (DNA200 when using only 2 cells) had a top voltage of 6v output. So with a .5 ohm coil, the maximum power would be 72 watts (V^2 / R (ohms) = Power). If the coil with the atty resistance is higher, the power output would be lower. I believe what that error is telling you is the ohms are too high to be able to deliver the power you are dialing up. If you want more power, you need to build lower. The DNA200 had a 9v max output in it's 3 cell configuration.

Ohms-Law-Formula-Wheel.png

Cheers,
Steve

Thanks for your quick response guys.
I didnt try a new coil as I had just put this one in.
I was only running it at 65 watts max. I think max for that coil is 70 watts,
I guess thats a bit disappointing as I didnt have any trouble/errors with that
tank/coils with other mods.
Hohmwrecker g2, ruleaux, alien, etc.
Same batteries, etc.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Thanks for your quick response guys.
I didnt try a new coil as I had just put this one in.
I was only running it at 65 watts max. I think max for that coil is 70 watts,
I guess thats a bit disappointing as I didnt have any trouble/errors with that
tank/coils with other mods.
Hohmwrecker g2, ruleaux, alien, etc.
Same batteries, etc.
those mods have a higher volt limit. I think wingsfan gave you the correct answer. you reached your volt limit. the G2 is 7.5v. I'm not sure on the other ones.

BoostAddict

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
If your using a Crown tank, make sure the 510 pin is making good contact with that coil. Remove the tank and press the 510 pin in just to make sure:cheers:

Yeah, Ill have to switch coils for the SE1 to the .2s.
And get some thinner clapton wire.
My builds usually come out about .4 when I build them myself.
Its only the SE1 tank with the problem.
No problems on my other stuff.
Just the SE1 is my daily driver heh.

BoostAddict

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I was a good tank back in it's day for VW, but has always sucked for TC IMO.

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Why put yourself through the agony?
Starting at midnight, get 15% off at Ecig City, with code - HOLIDAY2016
https://ecig-city.com/collections/box-mod/products/hcigar-vt167-167w-tc-box-mod?variant=26724474051
Final cost is $75.65 with free shipping.
Black only.
If I didn't already get a Finder 167 that sale would be tempting.

I actually saw the vt167 in person, looks really nice, problem was it was right next to the Finder

2de0194150a4f06c252a4c60d42e2505.jpg
86c57cc83fdf873b22feb6d5cbd0fba3.jpg
967824caa663a56e7eeb3c49814af742.jpg

Thanks for tipping me off to the sale.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Angrygod50

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
@Wingsfan0310 Steve I updated to SP5 and the battery meter shows 0%. Tried hard boot, soft boot, remove battery nothing. Went back to SP3 no meter did the boot stuff again, no help. Went back to SP5 no meter, boot stuff again no help. Batteries reading 7.3 volts (VT133) All the boot stuff was from the Evolv forum. Any ideas? Currently using SP3

Last edited:

VU Sponsors