Become a Patron!

HCIGAR VT133/VT167 Dual 18650 DNA200/250

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@Wingsfan0310 Steve I updated to SP5 and the battery meter shows 0%. Tried hard boot, soft boot, remove battery nothing. Went back to SP3 no meter did the boot stuff again, no help. Went back to SP5 no meter, boot stuff again no help. Batteries reading 7.3 volts (VT133) All the boot stuff was from the Evolv forum. Any ideas?
I'm running all mine with this update (SP5a) and I'm not having any problems. One thing to check is to make sure the amount of cells is still set to 2 after updates. Good luck and Have a Very Merry Christmas my friend. :cheers:

PS One other thing to try is remove the cells for a minute or so and see if that resets the battery meter.

[RECOMMENDED]
*** EScribe 1.2 SP5a ***
https://downloads.evolvapor.com/SetupES_1_2_SP5a_ServicePack.exe (11MB service pack)
https://download-mirror.evolvapor.com/SetupES_1_2_SP5a_ServicePack.exe (slower, alternate download link)
This service pack is mostly bug fixes.

On the device side:
- DNA 200 and DNA 250 no longer lose the battery meter on startup sometimes.
- Calibration values have been improved slightly for newer DNA 200s and DNA 250s. (More accurate USB Voltage, mainly.)
- Temperature Protected and other messages now show the correct number of flashes again.
- Some VaporShark DNA 200s would reset charging when above 0.8A with 1.2 SP3 and 1.2 SP4. They now charge at full speed.

On the EScribe side:
- Device Monitor no longer shows Battery Cell 3 on 2-cell devices (except in debug mode).
- Get Information shows test information in an easier-to-read form.
- Production Utility's Battery Test is now more thorough. It also shows a progress bar.
- Production Utility's Fire Test completes more quickly now. It also shows a progress bar.
- This resolves some more scaling issues in Large Fonts mode and some crash bugs.
- Minor bug and compatibility fixes.

[SP5a fixes a few minor EScribe bugs in SP5.]

Eskie

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
I'm running all mine with this update (SP5a) and I'm not having any problems. One thing to check is to make sure the amount of cells is still set to 2 after updates. Good luck and Have a Very Merry Christmas my friend. :cheers:

PS One other thing to try is remove the cells for a minute or so and see if that resets the battery meter.

[RECOMMENDED]
*** EScribe 1.2 SP5a ***
https://downloads.evolvapor.com/SetupES_1_2_SP5a_ServicePack.exe (11MB service pack)
https://download-mirror.evolvapor.com/SetupES_1_2_SP5a_ServicePack.exe (slower, alternate download link)
This service pack is mostly bug fixes.

On the device side:
- DNA 200 and DNA 250 no longer lose the battery meter on startup sometimes.
- Calibration values have been improved slightly for newer DNA 200s and DNA 250s. (More accurate USB Voltage, mainly.)
- Temperature Protected and other messages now show the correct number of flashes again.
- Some VaporShark DNA 200s would reset charging when above 0.8A with 1.2 SP3 and 1.2 SP4. They now charge at full speed.

On the EScribe side:
- Device Monitor no longer shows Battery Cell 3 on 2-cell devices (except in debug mode).
- Get Information shows test information in an easier-to-read form.
- Production Utility's Battery Test is now more thorough. It also shows a progress bar.
- Production Utility's Fire Test completes more quickly now. It also shows a progress bar.
- This resolves some more scaling issues in Large Fonts mode and some crash bugs.
- Minor bug and compatibility fixes.

[SP5a fixes a few minor EScribe bugs in SP5.]

Steve, a quick question. Having no issues with eScribe but I can never resist a new SP. Downloaded SP5a, applied it, yet eScribe still shows only ver 1.2 SP5. Do theses early updates not always display these interim update IDs? Makes it hard to know if your really do have the latest revision.

Angrygod50

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Thanks for the quick reply. Still no help. I show the pack voltage on the display so the meter's not critical. I'll leave it be for now. One of the things the evolv forum said was let to go to sleep and see if it comes back so I'll try that and see. I think I'll leave the other mods alone as they work fine as is.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Steve, a quick question. Having no issues with eScribe but I can never resist a new SP. Downloaded SP5a, applied it, yet eScribe still shows only ver 1.2 SP5. Do theses early updates not always display these interim update IDs? Makes it hard to know if your really do have the latest revision.
Mine still shows V1.2 SP5 as well. I'm not sure why it's not showing SP5a. It loaded up so I'm assuming it took. IIRC I tried it twice to make sure.

Merry Christmas,
Steve

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My Christmas setups :D :cheers:

Blood Red Lavabox with Gold Aromamizer Supreme (with flash)
IMG_20161223_145712_zpskgvbgbup.jpg

VT133 with Gold Aromamizer Supreme (without flash)
IMG_20161223_154517_zpsxmv9zqfu.jpg

Here's another shot showing the gold color of the Supreme better.
IMG_20161224_131844_zpsfjo66i5u.jpg

Merry Christmas,
Steve

Last edited:

karol1241

Member For 3 Years
I'm thinking about buying Hcigar Vt167 to switch my VT133 (already in repair), I can get it for 76$ so price is not the problem, what's your impressions? Any info about thermal specs and internal resistance? Thank you.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I'm thinking about buying Hcigar Vt167 to switch my VT133 (already in repair), I can get it for 76$ so price is not the problem, what's your impressions? Any info about thermal specs and internal resistance? Thank you.

TBH, if I was to ever buy another DNA I think I would stick with high quality companies like Vaporshark. So far I've had 2 out of 4 VT133's shit the bed on me and Evolv's communication and turn around time is just horrendous. One of my Vt133's has a fucked up daughter board. You have to see the shit I'm going through just to get it fixed. Hcigar is ignoring me and Evolv has washed its hands of the whole ordeal because they say they don't make the daughter board. If I had spent the extra few dollars and went with a VS this wouldn't even be an issue. Again, just my opinion.

Last edited:

karol1241

Member For 3 Years
TBH, if I was to ever buy another DNA I think I would stick with high quality companies like Vaporshark. So far I've hat 2 out of 4 VT133's shit the bed on me and Evolv's communication and turn around time is just horrendous. One of my Vt133's has a fucked up daughter board. You have to see the shit I'm going through just to get it fixed. Hcigar is ignoring me and Evolv has washed its hands of the whole ordeal because they say they don't make the daughter board. If I had spent the extra few dollars and went with a VS this wouldn't even be an issue. Again, just my opinion.
I like Hcigar, in mine manage LC got broken (Texas instruments chip). Evolv quickly responded and my Vt133 is on the way to them. I have VT200 too and both for me are beautiful. Only Lavabox is more beautiful IMO.

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have the Nano and use it all the time. However I wouldn't recommend it. The 510 plate is a pain in the ass and so is the battery cap.

all_thumbs

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have the Nano and use it all the time. However I wouldn't recommend it. The 510 plate is a pain in the ass and so is the battery cap.

Try holding the mod upside down by the battery cap tab and turning the whole mod with your other hand to unscrew it. The point is to reverse the weight so you are pulling the cap out lightly instead of pushing it in when turning either direction. It kind of has to feel like it's floating. It's like they reversed the tolerance on one set of threads. I had one cap break and found this method by accident after getting a replacement and it never gets stuck anymore.

Editted: to clarify technique and spelling.

Last edited:

Foggz

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Word. I just threw a 3000mah in the nano, some lube on the threads, and charge the damn thing with the port... screw that battery door ;p
Love the size tho for something to carry around town.

What mod are you talking about?

Hcigar VT75 nano

Douglas H. Aiken

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Try holding the mod upside down by the battery cap tab and turning the whole mod with your other hand to unscrew it. The point is to reverse the weight so you are pulling the cap out lightly instead of pushing it in when turning either direction. It kind of has to feel like it's floating. It's like they reversed the tolerance on one set of threads. I had one cap break and found this method by accident after getting a replacement and it never gets stuck anymore.

Editted: to clarify technique and spelling.
This is exactly how I do mine and have not had a problem.
I also lubed the threads w/No-Ox.

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Word. I just threw a 3000mah in the nano, some lube on the threads, and charge the damn thing with the port... screw that battery door ;p
Love the size tho for something to carry around town.

Hcigar VT75 nano

I do the same when charging it. I've tried the upside down method a few times when I first got it and it didn't work. The problem with mine is rough threads.

Douglas H. Aiken

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I do the same when charging it. I've tried the upside down method a few times when I first got it and it didn't work. The problem with mine is rough threads.
I have read several complaints about that.
I must have just gotten lucky, along w/a few others.
I delayed purchasing it for a long time for that very reason.
And must admit I have hesitated to purchase a second one for the same reason.

Foggz

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Same here - they are so 'fine', have an innokin coolfire 75 .. threads on that are done so nicely.. I always think .. 'if only the nano had threads like that' ... lol

My Ecig Profile for the VT133,

I uploaded my Ecig file but had to change the file extension to .pdf. You will have to change the file extension back to .ecig to load it.

To load it, first download the file (paying attention to where you save it on your PC) then
1. Change the file extension back to .ecig (You can't upload a .ecig file here because it's an unsupported format)
2. Hook up your VT133 to Escribe (You probably should save your .ecig file before loading mine so you can go back to yours if you don't like mine. Just click on "File" at the top of Escribe and click on "Save AS" to save yours, name it whatever you like as long as it's not the same as the one I sent you. EX: VT133a).
3. To load the new one - click on "File" at the top of Escribe.
4. Click on "Open"
5. Navigate to where you saved the file (Example - I save mine in Downloads, so I would click on Downloads)
6 Click on the File and then "Open"
7. Click on "Upload Settings to Device" at the top of Escribe to save it to your mod. That's it, you will be done.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask. If you use it I'd like to know what you think.

Cheers,
Steve

Edit 1: I edited the post to add better instructions on how to load the file.
Edit 2: I uploaded my Lavabox M DNA 75 Ecig Profile
Edit 3: I updated the VT133 and Lavabox M DNA 75 flies and deleted the old ones.
Edit 4: I added my Vapor Flask Ecig Profile
Edit 5: I added my Triade DNA250 Ecig Profile

Steve you are a life saver!!!!! thank you!!

ShowerHead

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Picked up my 133s big brother the VT167.
I like the new look and feel. The battery compartment is different, open on both sides so battery removal is easy.
Different buttons, I like the solid bar for the up/down/lock instead of the two separate buttons.
The 'carbon fiber' battery door feels and looks good too. In fact, I really like the look with my OBS Engines.
In all, a great mod for US$77.

VT167.jpg

karol1241

Member For 3 Years
On fasttech 25-27 will be 20% discount with REDPACKET code. That means that you can get Vt167 for 71$ and get 3,5$ cashback (5%) = 67,5$! There's also 10$ welcome bonus (Topcashback) so PM me if you want link ;) I'm gonna buy it for that price.

ShowerHead

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
On fasttech 25-27 will be 20% discount with REDPACKET code. That means that you can get Vt167 for 71$ and get 3,5$ cashback (5%) = 67,5$! There's also 10$ welcome bonus (Topcashback) so PM me if you want link ;) I'm gonna buy it for that price.

Supposedly the discount has been reduced to 15%. Still good though.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Does anyone have a picture of the 167 with a 30mm rda/tank on it?

As with the Vt133 the 167 only supports with no overhang ( in any direction ) 23mm. will look ok with 25mm side to side, but where the 510 placement is, there will be overhang on the front.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
As with the Vt133 the 167 only supports with no overhang ( in any direction ) 23mm. will look ok with 25mm side to side, but where the 510 placement is, there will be overhang on the front.
That's tricky. My 25mm Supremes don't overhang the front of the mod but because the top is curved, it overhangs the curve (I hope that makes sense). I know a 30mm would overhang the VT133 on the sides and front.

@BoostAddict has the VT167 and 30mm RTA's. I'll tag him and maybe if he has a picture he will post it here.

It overhangs the curve a touch, but doesn't go past the front of the mod (25mm Supremes)
IMG_20160610_095301_zpskglm5uoh.jpg
IMG_20160703_225641_zpsorapzvay.jpg

Cheers,
Steve

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
That's tricky. My 25mm Supremes don't overhang the front of the mod but because the top is curved, it overhangs the curve (I hope that makes sense). I know a 30mm would overhang the VT133 on the sides and front.

@BoostAddict has the VT167 and 30mm RTA's. I'll tag him and maybe if he has a picture he will post it here.

It overhangs the curve a touch, but doesn't go past the front of the mod (25mm Supremes)
IMG_20160610_095301_zpskglm5uoh.jpg
IMG_20160703_225641_zpsorapzvay.jpg

Cheers,
Steve

I knew after I hit submit it would bring this up... ;-)

and yes I did mean the curve before the face curve lol... all of us who own one know about it and how anything above 23mm overhangs that spot...

here is a picture that exaggerates it some...

Still an awesome device regardless...and I dont use anything above a 25mm base anyway and it still looks fine on it.

upload_2017-1-25_11-19-17.png

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I knew after I hit submit it would bring this up... ;-)

and yes I did mean the curve before the face curve lol... all of us who own one know about it and how anything above 23mm overhangs that spot...

here is a picture that exaggerates it some...

Still an awesome device regardless...and I dont use anything above a 25mm base anyway and it still looks fine on it.

View attachment 72781
I hope I wasn't coming across as being argumentative, that wasn't my intention. :cheers:

Cheers,
Steve.

Brad Mitchell

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
See I have been wanting both a dna and a aromamizer plus but the problem is I can't find anything that I will look good on under 125ish I was hoping that this might be ok

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
See I have been wanting both a dna and a aromamizer plus but the problem is I can't find anything that I will look good on under 125ish I was hoping that this might be ok

The VapeDroid C2D1 will, although its sort of ugly (to me) and it ends up being $135

The Yoko Vape Buster looks like it might...not sure though...thats like the ugly version of the Triade lol

VapeCige VT Box 250 is 29.97mm wide its $110 right now at GearBest (Black)

I am sure there is others..

Good luck!

Brad Mitchell

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
The VapeDroid C2D1 will, although its sort of ugly (to me) and it ends up being $135

The Yoko Vape Buster looks like it might...not sure though...thats like the ugly version of the Triade lol

VapeCige VT Box 250 is 29.97mm wide its $110 right now at GearBest (Black)

I am sure there is others..

Good luck!
I kinda like the c2d1 thanks not sure if I'll ever buy one but I know my options now.

I'm been trying to Google for a silicone case for my new vt167, with not much luck. If i keep it in the pocket of my jeans, paint on it will get scratched. Maybe i can't find one because it is a quite new product. I was thinking, maybe it would fit in a case for vt133? It would not need to fit perfect, just to be able to use the mod, for occasional use until i find something proper. Or if someone knows where to get a protective case for vt167, please tell me where.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm been trying to Google for a silicone case for my new vt167, with not much luck. If i keep it in the pocket of my jeans, paint on it will get scratched. Maybe i can't find one because it is a quite new product. I was thinking, maybe it would fit in a case for vt133? It would not need to fit perfect, just to be able to use the mod, for occasional use until i find something proper. Or if someone knows where to get a protective case for vt167, please tell me where.
I don't recall ever hearing that a Silicone case was available for the VT133. I've never used a case on any of my mods so I never really looked, but I was active in the thread and it was a question asked now and then. I had quite a few VT133's and only one had paint chipping.flaking and I don't blame the mod. I used the hell out of it. It still works as well now as the day I bought it. My other VT133's are fine.

I look at it like this, most of us paid around $80 for ours. A carton of smokes goes for about the same price. If after heavy use it loses a little paint, it's what I expect. I think I'm a little different than a lot of people though. I look at my mods as tools to help me not to smoke. If I use a tool a lot, I expect wear and tear. As long as it keeps working as it should, I'm happy.

Here's a couple of pics of the VT133 I'm talking about - I think the wear marks give it character. I could always buy a wrap for it if I was so incline (I have extra battery covers - I've since broke down and changed it :teehee:) .
IMG_20160914_104258_zpsjk6ds32w.jpg
IMG_20160914_104327_zpse2r4ozjt.jpg

Cheers,
Steve

Last edited:

VU Sponsors