Become a Patron!

Headaches From Vaping !!! WHY?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

HazyShades

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It's the quality of your filth that makes you such an awesome person.
A misquote I know but still apt.
quote-their-stupidity-does-not-amaze-me-its-when-they-re-smart-that-amazes-me-it-s-baffling-frank-zappa-137-96-21.jpg

Iliketurtles

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
All this nonsensical retardedness does bring up an interesting topic - the wattage ranges that are on coils. In my admittedly limited experience with these as I almost exclusively use rebuildables I have seen that the wattage ranges on prebuilt coils seem to be 'iffy' at best. Usually for me only operating reasonably well at the bottom of the range stated. But I thought about it as I was helping a friend with their vape and I realised these ranges are likely due to the variation in juices. I use mainly 80+ VG and that is thick juice so it makes sense that the coils only operate at the lower end of the range with that. Probably they would work OK with 70PG at the top end of the range....but I never use anything like that. It does seem however that because someone gets a coil that has 60-100watts written on it they expect it to work at 100 watts regardless of juice because its written on it. Consequently my friend was running her vape at 40 Watts and complaining about one or other aspect of the result. I just turned it down to 26watts and it was perfect. Its common sense to people that have been vaping for a while but to newer vapers they don't see it at all, they just see it should work at 20 to 40 watts and go OK I will use 40 watts.

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
All this nonsensical retardedness does bring up an interesting topic - the wattage ranges that are on coils. In my admittedly limited experience with these as I almost exclusively use rebuildables I have seen that the wattage ranges on prebuilt coils seem to be 'iffy' at best. Usually for me only operating reasonably well at the bottom of the range stated. But I thought about it as I was helping a friend with their vape and I realised these ranges are likely due to the variation in juices. I use mainly 80+ VG and that is thick juice so it makes sense that the coils only operate at the lower end of the range with that. Probably they would work OK with 70PG at the top end of the range....but I never use anything like that. It does seem however that because someone gets a coil that has 60-100watts written on it they expect it to work at 100 watts regardless of juice because its written on it. Consequently my friend was running her vape at 40 Watts and complaining about one or other aspect of the result. I just turned it down to 26watts and it was perfect. Its common sense to people that have been vaping for a while but to newer vapers they don't see it at all, they just see it should work at 20 to 40 watts and go OK I will use 40 watts.
Yeah just lack of experience.
Fruity stuff to me at least seems to taste best at lower watts while complex stuff like tobacco or dessert stuff seem to taste better at higher watts.But the more complex stuff will kill your coils quicker than the fruity stuff.Especially when you crank up the heat/watts.When I'm obsessing over Cuttwood -Boss Reserve my coils last a few days at most.But when I'm obsessing over Vertigo - Pink Drink my coils last for damn near a month.

thrudaface

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Additionally there is the possibility that once you exhale vaporized e-juice products the vapors can circulate back over the coil when vaporizing fresh e-juice from the tank including the time when passing air over the coil to cool it down (this would lead to the previously vaporized e-juice to condense back onto the coil and interior surface area of the coil which would then be exposed to fresh vapors and possibly enough condensation to drip back down onto the coil). This could also contribute to products of decomposition and is worth mentioning. (Not only has the vaporized e-juice already been heated to high temperature but it had a greater exposure to oxygen and possibly sun light basically exposing the e-juice to some of the most reactive conditions besides the stage when it is boiled off of a coil made from neuro-toxic metals.

SMOKIE

THE MODFATHER
Staff member
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Live Leadership
Show Host
Reviewer
Vape Media
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
THREAD IS CLOSED DUE TO KNUCKLE HEAD COMMENTS FROM MEMBERS WHICH ARE UNRELATED TO THE TOPIC.

After reading through all the posts, I found some of you had some great answers for her question while others went way off the topic with bullshit which is considered trolling.

This thread sets a bad example for a newbie wanting to ask questions in the forum.

When answering in a question thread you should not start a debate or throw up memes on other members answers, and go off topic. As a experienced vaper you should make it your best effort to help a newbie not scare them away, and possible off vaping.

The Admin team will now collaborate on what measures to take on trolls, so BEWARE!

troll-web.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors