Become a Patron!

headaches

jdemp

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
when I vap I get a headache. it usually starts withing about 10 hits. the more I vape the worse it gets. could this bc bc of the VG/PG percent? need some help please!!

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Sounds to me that whatever E-Liquid you are vaping combingned with the type of hardware you are using you may be getting too much Nicotine.

So what are you vaping, what is the mix ratio, what is the nic level and what kind of hardware are you using to vape with?

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Whats the gear, mg of nic and flavor also juice vendor.
How long you been cig free

jdemp

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I have a nautilus aspire variable air control on top of a itaste battery. I love the set up because its a good throat hit for me. Any nic level gives me a headache. I have tried 18,12,6, and 3. that's what I thought it was to start with and why I tried so many levels. any other ideas?

jdemp

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Whats the gear, mg of nic and flavor also juice vendor.
How long you been cig free

I have tried different flavors. right now im on just some cheap stuff. I like the Space Jam brand and Uncle Junk's

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
What is your PG/VG ratio?

galsvapetoo

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I tend to like my 70/30 ratio. When I first quit cigs I did notice headaches but again that wasn't from vaping. The only problem I have is max vg tends to make me cough a lot and I feel like I could blow a lung. Try some different e liquids and a different ratio.

jdemp

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I like a hard throat hit, that's what I crave besides the nic. sometimes its more than I can take but im still working out the kinks. Talked to a store owner today and he mixed up different ratio of VG/PG but I couldn't take the taste. it was fire ball and way to much cinnamon.

galsvapetoo

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Ewwww first off cinnamon is gross lol but that's me personally. And what do you normally smoke flavor wise? Do you like fruit, menthol, tobacco? Let me know and I can I will think up some e liquids for you to give a go

jdemp

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
yeah when I tried the fire ball I thought it was ok until I put it in my hard hitting vaporizer. the only tobacco flavor I like is Uncle Junk's "John Wayne".
I like fruit flavors and I not a menthol kinda guy. I also like some of Space Jams flavors.

galsvapetoo

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
So tobacco flavored mostly?

jdemp

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
no, I can't find but one tobacco flavor I like. mostly fruit

galsvapetoo

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Ripe vape key lime cookie is excellent. Liquid has several great fruit vapes. Heartland is a citrus flavor. Stranana is extremely yummy. Here is a link http://www.nicquid.com/?a_aid=galsvapetoo
Cuttwood has one called sugar bear to die for its like vaping a snickerdoodle cookie

madmonkey

The Road Warrior
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hi, Happy new years to you!

If you've tried lowering your nic level and still getting headaches you might be PG sensitive...it's not common but I've read of other people having reactions to PG....try and get a juice with a 10/90 pg/vg in a likeable flavor and vape on it for awhile...it's not going to give you the same throat hit you're fond of but it's worth a try. The Niquid link above is a really good place to get juice...they are not the cheapest but they are a high quality company and e-liquid, like many other things, can often be a "you get what you pay for" deal. You'll find that over time your vape preferences can change as well...when I first started I vaped 36 mg nicotine 70/30 pg/vg liquids because I smoked camel non filters for 18 years....now I am on 12mg 50/50 or higher vg content than that blends. Also, Alien Visions E-juice makes a tobacco flavor called "Boba's Bounty." It's been around for years, it's max vg, and out of all of the random tobacco blends I've tried that is one of only two tobaccos I still vape when I get in the mood. I don't know if you want another tobacco flavor, I know I am not really into them but that one has always been a popular favorite. I hope you find something that works for you.

jdemp

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Hi, Happy new years to you!

If you've tried lowering your nic level and still getting headaches you might be PG sensitive...it's not common but I've read of other people having reactions to PG....try and get a juice with a 10/90 pg/vg in a likeable flavor and vape on it for awhile...it's not going to give you the same throat hit you're fond of but it's worth a try. The Niquid link above is a really good place to get juice...they are not the cheapest but they are a high quality company and e-liquid, like many other things, can often be a "you get what you pay for" deal. You'll find that over time your vape preferences can change as well...when I first started I vaped 36 mg nicotine 70/30 pg/vg liquids because I smoked camel non filters for 18 years....now I am on 12mg 50/50 or higher vg content than that blends. Also, Alien Visions E-juice makes a tobacco flavor called "Boba's Bounty." It's been around for years, it's max vg, and out of all of the random tobacco blends I've tried that is one of only two tobaccos I still vape when I get in the mood. I don't know if you want another tobacco flavor, I know I am not really into them but that one has always been a popular favorite. I hope you find something that works for you.

Thanks fop the help! I'm going to look into the lower pg levels and see what I can find. Much appreciated..

Heather

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Are you drinking plenty of water? I notice a headache if I don't stay really, really hydrated. Just a thought.

VU Sponsors