Become a Patron!

Heads up: Goblin RTA Screws

travanx

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
For those who haven't heard of the issue, the Goblin RTA comes with pointy screws on the deck to catch the coil. My #0132 can't catch the coil at all. And my #0201 can catch it enough to at least try firing, but it will still fire all over the place with any movement. I read some other attys have the same screws but none of mine work; Orchid V2, V3, Kayfun, Fogger, Lemo, assorted drippers.

I have on order some replacement screws, since I couldn't find stainless steel in M2 size locally. Home depot sells the size but in alloy.

I bought 2 of these a week ago and have lowish serial #'s, so these may be fixed already. More of a heads up since I was excited to try this against my Lemo Drop, but it looks like I will be waiting until later this week to find out how they match up.

As an observation a 0.6ohm coil around 2.5mm barely fits in the chimney

.goblin-rta.jpg

TheGreatWhiteBuffalo

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have SN 0921 and do not have this problem. My screws work fine with 24 & 26 guage.
I first built with 2 mm, 8 wrap 24 ga coils and had a hell of a time with it shorting. Got it sorted out but still didn't trust that it wouldn't do it again. I rebuilt it with 2 mm 6 wrap 26 ga and have a little more clearance.

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Is that the atty with the pacman ghosty and the wonky looking wavy air flow?

travanx

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
No, this is the tank made by UD / Youde. There is a thread at the other forum about this, but the replies there are idiotic. Some people can catch 26g and 28g. Some can only catch 26g, and others like myself can't get even 26g to catch. I think the problem started getting fixed on higher serial #'s.

The cons are that the deck is tiny and the tank is smallish. But these are supposed to be the closest to a dripper.

DeadShort

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I bought 1, 2 weeks ago and another last week from Triangle. No problems with either using 28g. dual coils.
some do seem to be having a problem though.

TheGreatWhiteBuffalo

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
A quick fix for the screws is to just stick an extra piece of wire in the hole. I found my 26 ga build to be moving some, not while vaping but when I rewicked it. So I did that and clipped it off evenly and problem solved.

VU Sponsors