Become a Patron!

Health Care Professionals and Vaping Advice

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Since there is likely NO health care professionals out there in the USA took training of the effects of vaping to get their certification....
Seems like to me that many of us vapers are actually more educated on health impacts associated with vaping than they are.
I figure that most of their advise came from seeing anti vaping articles and vids in the media.

Reign

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I think there is some truth to that statement but with just one caveat for either side there is not a wealth of information about the effects period. So a little uncertainty on either side will be a given and I am sure most health professionals (good ones) would err on the side of caution when an unknown variable is in the equation. I am not saying there is no good information out there but it is certainly more sparse than the overwhelming amount of ridiculous claims that float around in the media. For me the best information I have to cement my choice to vape is from what my body is telling me and that is it has been a huge benefit to my overall health vs. smoking.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ohh I agree with your statement. It does seem like they go the other way on prescribing new drugs though.
And some make outrageous statements about what vaping will cause.
Like fungus and mold infections in your lungs, dry knuckles, worse than smokiing, etc.

I think it is largely the if it looks like smoke thing....

Last edited:

Reign

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Yeah the prescription drug thing is out of control. Reading side effects makes one wonder who thought some of those were an acceptable risk to alleviate(not/seldomly cure) whatever malady they were to be used for. And to have such a negative view on vaping when some stop smoking cure all pills can result in horrible outcomes it boggles the mind. Luckily there are some docs out there who share mines position "if it help you quit cigs I'm all for it, but still would rather you do neither".

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yep I view vaping as a much safer alternative to smoking.
However I do not feel it is totally risk free.
Especially for the massive clouds at 300 watts crowd.
We need a little salt but too much is bad for ya.

mammado

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have heard there is a pulmonologist in my area who is referring his smoking patients to our local vape shop. A doctor who reads research and not headlines. Imagine that

Sent from my LGL16C using Tapatalk

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I have heard there is a pulmonologist in my area who is referring his smoking patients to our local vape shop. A doctor who reads research and not headlines. Imagine that

That doctor should be given a medal

However, until they come out with less-effective yet more expensive prescription mods and juice, that doctor will probably remain in the minuscule minority

mammado

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I know but if he get a few people started and the get a few started... We can change the world. I typed up a little pamphlet with links to studies and articles I keep a couple with me all the time then when I'm in a smoking area and someone says " that's worse than smoking" I pull one out along with my no longer needed nasal cannula and explain everything. Maybe I'll change one persons life and they will change one persons life. I know its hopeful thinking but I have a life ahead of me I didn't think I had 6 months ago. So I'm an optimist now.lol. I was preparing for death... giving things away so my family wouldn't have to. I wasn't even buying new clothes. I bought my first new outfit in over a year yesterday. Man life is good.

bugalien

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The last doctor I saw recommended vaping over smoking.

But my doctor before that did not recommend vaping, even after I came in tachycardic and sick after having on a 12mg patch that she had me remove. lol

They really push that patch though...

I told her I was trying to quit and felt horrible (there were other reasons for feeling bad too, just not as bad as the patch does me) and she said to try the patch and informed her that I had just put one on a couple hours ago. The patch had to go...

JackB

Member For 3 Years
I had to visit a pulmonologist a couple of months ago and had the wife in attendance. After the 2 hour lesson of what 39 years of smoking had done to my lungs, she asked him, what he thought about vaping? (She never has smoked) He leaned back and grinned saying " I go against most all of my colleagues when it comes to that. Man, if it'll get you off the smokes, go for it." Started learning more about it, coasted down off of 1.5 - 2 pad, in about 3 weeks and Sat. will make 5 weeks without one. It's a lot easier than I expected. May have worn out the search window on here though.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I had to visit a pulmonologist a couple of months ago and had the wife in attendance. After the 2 hour lesson of what 39 years of smoking had done to my lungs, she asked him, what he thought about vaping? (She never has smoked) He leaned back and grinned saying " I go against most all of my colleagues when it comes to that. Man, if it'll get you off the smokes, go for it." Started learning more about it, coasted down off of 1.5 - 2 pad, in about 3 weeks and Sat. will make 5 weeks without one. It's a lot easier than I expected. May have worn out the search window on here though.

Been vaping 2 yrs Jack after 40 or so years of smoking. Only good results so far.
And welcome aboard.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years

Outstanding!!!

VU Sponsors