Become a Patron!

Heat sink

Jackvape

Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year
I just ordered a 24mm finned heat sink to keep my atomizer cool. Does anyone know if they work?

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I just ordered a 24mm finned heat sink to keep my atomizer cool. Does anyone know if they work?

I am using one because the 510 threads on my Pangu Tank do not tighten in my everyday MOD any longer and YES they work wonders since it doesn't hit Temperature Protect ever since I installed it for a totally other purpose.

Jackvape

Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year
I am using one because the 510 threads on my Pangu Tank do not tighten in my everyday MOD any longer and YES they work wonders since it doesn't hit Temperature Protect ever since I installed it for a totally other purpose.
Does it keep the rda cool when chain vaping?

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Like I said it doesn't hit Temp Protect since I installed it.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I never heard of temp protect.

That is the Temperature you set the MOD at when using Temperature Control or TC. When you reach the set temp it stops firing so using a heat sink keeps the tank cooler and the coil doesn't get as hot. The Heat Sink dissipates the heat.

Jackvape

Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year
That is the Temperature you set the MOD at when using Temperature Control or TC. When you reach the set temp it stops firing so using a heat sink keeps the tank cooler and the coil doesn't get as hot. The Heat Sink dissipates the heat.
I see.

CashNVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well most heatsinks 510 do not protrude enough, they were never built for mech mods. Secondly the 510 can get pushed in and cause a short.
This is my opinion and have been vaping safely for years without any problems.
Would you be so kind to provide more info as to why NOT?

Sent from Amchitka

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Well most heatsinks 510 do not protrude enough, they were never built for mech mods. Secondly the 510 can get pushed in and cause a short.
This is my opinion and have been vaping safely for years without any problems.

Thanks for providing the info which will benefit the OP more than just "don't".

VU Sponsors