Become a Patron!

Heavy burnt taste with vaporesso target pro

Hey Guys,

I got Vaporesso Target pro as my first kit a month and a half ago, and I have had a huge issue since the first day I had it.

If I ever take a vape longer than (3-5) seconds, I will instantly get a burnt taste....

If I drip a few drips in the middle, it will work well for a few hits, but that's it....

The first time that happened I thought the coil wasn't primed well, I soaked it wet with ejuice (I'm using Cuttwood Boss Reserve which is awesome), I put juice in the middle, all over the hexa shaped pours in the coil, and the issue was fixed for a few HITS, and then went back to normal....

I have tried using the 0.5 ccell SS coil with 35-40W, and currently using the Kanthal 0.9 ccell coil at 30-35W...

It tastes very very good, only if you take a short vape, I never chain (I give it at least 30-45 seconds between each vape) and I still get this burnt taste if I ever get a long vape....

I'm also having an issue where almost below half the tank, the taste diminishes completely, it doesn't taste at all like the original....

The reading gets up to 5.5 or 6 volts when vaping, which seems pretty high to me since I'm vaping on low W and working on a single battery....

I switched coils, primed them, cleaned the tank, nothing seems to work.....

Any help would be much appreciated...

Any advise guys? I tried switching to 0.6 coils and still the same issue occurs....

Everyone is praising the 0.9 Kanthal ccell, but I'm not sure it really works.....

In the few hits that it works, I'm getting actually good flavor....I'd like to know how I can enjoy that a bit more

Vapin4Joy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
For me I fill and keep the top cap off for several minutes to let the ceramic wick. Works for me!

Iliketurtles

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
They are a bit big number happy. Lower end of the coils wattage range is much better, you may get away with 35w with a higher PG juice on the 0.5 SS but when I have used them they work best around 25W give or take a few watts.

I'm using a 50/50 juice at the moment, back to the Kanthal 0.9 cause the SS 0.6 just plain sucked....it wasn't giving a flavor close to the 0.9....

This is the 3rd tank on a new coil, and I'm vaping on 23-24W, wicked it a few times, dripped inside, pulled dry with air flow closed.....

Still getting burnt taste after 4-5 hits after dripping inside the coil, if I try to take a puff longer than 3-4 seconds

RMarcusY

☮ Ambassador ☮
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I've been using the same set up
0.9 ohm SS ccell coil
I'm using temp control setting at about 350F.
Working well for me.

I've been using the same set up
0.9 ohm SS ccell coil
I'm using temp control setting at about 350F.
Working well for me.

You mean 0.9 Kanthal, right?

I thought SS only came in 0.5 and 0.6

Mine is Kanthal and I can't find TC option for it, only Ni, SS, Ti, and then TC

I don't see you mention the juice flow control, activated by rotating the entire tank. Watch the holes line up on the chimney. It's set up to close when you open the top for filling, and open again when you put the top back on, depending on how you hold the tank. Maybe yours is stuck?

Only other thought, might have bunged up o-rings, but that goes more toward leaking.

Zeratul, he probably meant 0.6...

Are you on the Target Pro mod?

Yeah Juice holes are all alligned up and opened, but in the 0.9 and 0.5 where they have the hexa shapes it's not all alligned perfectly with the coil "6 holes in chimney and only 3 in coil" but the 0.6 aligns way better..

Yeah I'm on target pro with top fill...how can I check if orings are burnt, I have no lwaking btw..

Hey Guys,

I got Vaporesso Target pro as my first kit a month and a half ago, and I have had a huge issue since the first day I had it.

If I ever take a vape longer than (3-5) seconds, I will instantly get a burnt taste....

If I drip a few drips in the middle, it will work well for a few hits, but that's it....

The first time that happened I thought the coil wasn't primed well, I soaked it wet with ejuice (I'm using Cuttwood Boss Reserve which is awesome), I put juice in the middle, all over the hexa shaped pours in the coil, and the issue was fixed for a few HITS, and then went back to normal....

I have tried using the 0.5 ccell SS coil with 35-40W, and currently using the Kanthal 0.9 ccell coil at 30-35W...

It tastes very very good, only if you take a short vape, I never chain (I give it at least 30-45 seconds between each vape) and I still get this burnt taste if I ever get a long vape....

I'm also having an issue where almost below half the tank, the taste diminishes completely, it doesn't taste at all like the original....

The reading gets up to 5.5 or 6 volts when vaping, which seems pretty high to me since I'm vaping on low W and working on a single battery....

I switched coils, primed them, cleaned the tank, nothing seems to work.....

Any help would be much appreciated...
This sounds like it wasn't primed enough but no guarantee but next time if you can you should soak the cells in your juice overnight to soak up the juice especially if your using nickel but I do this with all of my ccells because the ceramic can take forever otherwise to absorb so try this next time and if your problem continues then I wouldn't be to sure cause that's always solved that issue for me. And if using nickel always use temp control mode. Never wattage mode, it can be super deadly.

I don't see you mention the juice flow control, activated by rotating the entire tank. Watch the holes line up on the chimney. It's set up to close when you open the top for filling, and open again when you put the top back on, depending on how you hold the tank. Maybe yours is stuck?

Only other thought, might have bunged up o-rings, but that goes more toward leaking.

Ohh that'd explain why It wouldn't be absorbing his liquid. I never even thought of that.

Yeah Juice holes are all alligned up and opened, but in the 0.9 and 0.5 where they have the hexa shapes it's not all alligned perfectly with the coil "6 holes in chimney and only 3 in coil" but the 0.6 aligns way better..

Yeah I'm on target pro with top fill...how can I check if orings are burnt, I have no lwaking btw..
Alignment shouldn't matter as long as the holes are open. But if there was an air pocket it technically could stop it from reaching the coil but I'd be surprised

Right I recently purchased the Vaporesso target pro also, my first coil wicked perfectly (fluid filled the ceramic coil) but the second coil was a nightmare but its helped me learn an important trick..... make sure that all the holes are open first, and if its a new coil give it a few hours soaking with a full tank first just to saturate the coil then when ready the important bit is to use yr fingers to block the big air slots on the sides and blow hard into the hole you suck through and before you stop quickly release your fingers or pull your mouth away fast from the mouth piece as it causes the coil to draw more fluid in, do this 2 to 3 times and you should be good to go, but start it at 9w and work up to 22w to 26w when you hear it popping & crackling, if/when the flavour starts to take on a burnt taste again after a while just repeat the process.
Hope this helps..
im using 100%VG e juice running at 22w

Last edited:

V

Vaporesso Pro 0.6 SS coil two weeks heavy use good clean taste. Tonight got first burnt taste, after reading all suggestions yours nailed my problem...somehow my chimney got closed...opened it and covered vent holes blew hard twice... next hit back to normal, 50/50 e-liquid Honeydew nice smooth good taste.

TxTrapper
South Texas

I know this is an old thread but this has happened to me before and the first time fix I had my vents closed now it's happened again with the vents open and can't find any solution anywhere I swapped my coils let it soak overnight woke up and get hits so bad I never wanna hit it again I put another tank on it and the same shit is happening I don't understand why it does this but it's definitely a vape turn off I feel like my setting got misconfigured somehow or something idk I use a Smok alien I tried everything I put a new coil in and a different juice and let it soak for 2 hours still getting a terrible unbearable hit and i'm already smoked a pack of cigs now since my mod isn't working right

VU Sponsors