Become a Patron!

Hella happy to be a new member... hello.

*First post in this forum... just to say hi.

I quit smoking on my sons 11th birthday 03/23/2015, he asked me to. For 20 years I had a mentholated tobacco addiction. Actually to be honest, I kinda quit smoking several years ago for 6 months... because I was forced to. Smoking was not allowed in the place I lived, and cigarettes were considered contraband. Well after those 6 months... I started smoking again right away, it was one of the first things I did when I was released.

*Fast forward to now... started vaping a few weeks ago, and have been 100% tobacco free ever since.

First devices were an Aspire Nautilus Mini, with a Eleaf istick 30 watt, because of things I read (and my inexperience)... those were my first choice. Shortly after that I realized that choice was a mistake, the draw was way too tight. Second device (my current set-up) is a Kanger Subtank Mini with an Eleaf iStick 50 watt.... this seems to be perfect, nice air control options with a battery that will go all day+. Next step is I plan on making my own DIY e-liquid... this pre-made shit is getting expensive.

Anyways that's my introduction, and I am now gonna dive into the many threads offered in these forums... hopefully there is the support and information I need here to keep me off the tobacco.

CqMNjjS.jpg

P.S. Any recommendations/links to popular reliable sites that have the best deals on e-liquid ingredients would be greatly appreciated. :cool:

Last edited:

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Hey Maxxhew! Welcome to VU. You should check out our DIY forum. TONS of helpful people, some really incredible mixers and lots of information.

I like Vaperstek Nic. You can get that at Vaperstek.org or from Bull City Vapor.
For flavorings, I use FlavourArt, Inawera, TFA, Capella's and a few stragglers from other companies.

My top choice for FA Flavors is Mama J's juice and Bull City, Inawera I get from Vaperstek and Bull City, TFA I get from Bull City or Ecigexpress, or from TFA direct, Capella's I get from Bull City.

There are tons of places around, so I'm sure you'll get lots of suggestions. Those are just my top vendors.

You can also check out the DIY recipes section, to get an idea of what you think you'd like, then you can have an idea of what you want to get.

TONS of info here. VU has the best DIY section of any forum around.

Welcome aboard, have a great time!

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years

I quit smoking on my sons 11th birthday 03/23/2015, he asked me to. For 20 years I had a mentholated tobacco addiction. Actually to be honest, I kinda quit smoking several years ago for 6 months... because I was forced to. Smoking was not allowed in the place I lived, and cigarettes were considered contraband. Well after those 6 months... I started smoking again right away, it was one of the first things I did when I was released.

*Fast forward to now... started vaping a few weeks ago, and have been 100% tobacco free ever since.

First devices were an Aspire Nautilus Mini, with a Eleaf istick 30 watt, because of things I read (and my inexperience)... those were my first choice. Shortly after that I realized that choice was a mistake, the draw was way too tight. Second device (my current set-up) is a Kanger Subtank Mini with an Eleaf iStick 50 watt.... this seems to be perfect, nice air control options with a battery that will go all day+. Next step is I plan on making my own DIY e-liquid... this pre-made shit is getting expensive.

Anyways that's my introduction, and I am now gonna dive into the many threads offered in these forums... hopefully there is the support and information I need here to keep me off the tobacco.

CqMNjjS.jpg

P.S. Any recommendations/links to popular reliable sites that have the best deals on e-liquid ingredients would be greatly appreciated. :cool:

oh my.. mods and speakers.. :)
you will fit in just fine here.. any questions.. just find a good spot to ask them..
and I sure hope you will have lots of fun and make some cool vape friends!

see you around! ;)

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
And welcome from me as well!

Lots of folks here more than willing to help you out with whatever you need!

ameripunx07

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Welcome friend! Awesome getting off the tobacco.. I'm right with you... About thirteen day today and already feeling fantastic! I'm Paul BTW.. And my son too is my main reason for quitting!

scarecrowjenkins

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Welcome!! You're off to a killer start! Hope you find what you need, it's a real nice gang in here, happy to have you!

dave/jayce

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I like the open and honest intro, says a lot about you. I'm fairly new to DIY and and love it. I have not had to buy juice at a shop now in over 7 months. I spend about 40 every 5-7 weeks on VG/PG. You will find a recipe for just about any flavor here. WLECOME!!!! See you around the UNDERGROUND!!!!

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Welcome to the loony bin! :p
Nah, this place is awesome, full of some damn fine people who are very knowledgeable and willing to help in every way possible. I've learned more here than in any vape shop, book, video, or website and you will too!

starrelabelletxlady

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

CqMNjjS.jpg

Hi, it sounds like you have a great set-up. I've been vaping almost 3 years, and that's exactly what I use. I had to quit ordering 30ml bottles because I go through them too fast. I've never had the urge to DIY; I've been vaping Nicoticket ejuice for several years. There's a coupon on their website right now to buy one, get one free...I saved almost $34 yesterday buying 2 60ml bottles of great eliquid. I like Five Pawns, too, but they are expensive, so I order their Grandmaster only occasionally.

VU Sponsors