Become a Patron!

Hellbilly's Review: Goon 24mm RDA by 528 Custom

HellbillyRJ

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Howdy folks, HellbillyRJ here with another RDA review for ya today. I'm sure this one has probably been done to death, or par-near to it. But, I'm gonna give ya my thoughts and opinions about the Goon 24mm RDA by 528 Customs.

This is gonna be a little different than some of my other reviews here, and by that I just mean don't read it out loud if you have small children in the room that ain't quite yet accustomed to hearing "adult" language. Other than that, everything else should be right on par. So... let's jump right on into it!

Goon 5.jpg

Overall Rating: 10/10

Disclosure: This produt was NOT sent to me for the purpose of this review. This product was purchased out of pocket at my local brick and mortar shop. This will not affect my review in any way.

So, this was one of my very first RDA's, I believe it was my second ever. I've been using this RDA now for about 3 months, give or take. This probably should have been my first RDA review, but it's my second so that's close enough. For an RDA that has a lot of number 2's this is easily my number 1 RDA. I'll go over why here in just a bit... read on!

So, what's In The Box?
1 Goon RDA
Extra screw and O-rings

What are the specifications of the Goon?
⦁ 24mm Diameter
⦁ 6mm Juice Well
⦁ Stainless Steel Construction
⦁ Two-Post Bridge Clamp Design
⦁ Gold-Plated Bridge Post
⦁ Gold-Plated Bridge Clamp
⦁ PEEK Insulators
⦁ Replaceable Positive and Negative Bridges
⦁ 9mm Delrin Widebore Drip Tip
⦁ Adjustable Airflow Control
⦁ Triple Airslot on Each Side
⦁ Copper-plated 510 Connection

First Impressions:
This is a very clean looking RDA. No machine oil detected, no scratches or burrs. Very smooth! Taking this apart, I've never seen anything like this! At this point my experience with RDA's was limited at best. Mostly just pictures on the internet, and a bit of building on a 2 post, 4 hole deck.
So, 24mm around? Pretty good size I'd say. Not too big, not too small, for someone with minimal experience with these things this is amazing! I can't even get out of the store before I have to see what this thing is all about. The top cap comes off and we see the deck...
I've never seen these "bridge posts" anywhere before ever... imagine the coils you could put in this bad sumbitch! Big doesn't even hardly do it justice. These bridge clamps will accomodate ANY kind of wire you can imagine throwing into something that's 24mm. I went ahead with some stapled staggered fused clapton coils that were pre-built by GeekVape. These things were massive compared to anything I've ever used before! Fit like a glove. Just perfect, beautiful.

Goon 1.jpg Goon 2.jpeg

Airflow and top cap:
The top does have adjustable airflow suitable for single and dual coil builds, with 3 holes on each side. The size of the airflow holes I can't say for sure, but they are sufficient for a tighter draw for flavor chasers or a wide open, airy draw for cloud chasers.
Goon 4.jpg

Building and wicking:
Building on this RDA is the easiest thing I've ever done in the world of vaping aside from throwing a tank on to a mod and pressing the button. Some people might consider the bridge clamps to be a bit of learning curve, I could absolutely understand that, for me it was easy though. Like I said above, you can literally fit any kind of wire inside this thing you can dream up. Single coil, dual coil, quad coil... why not? If you've got the know-how to build that way, you can fit whatever you want in here almost. Wait... did I say almost? Well, it does still have it's limitations, it has a 24mm diameter so you are still kind of restricted on the builds you can throw into this thing because of that. But, not to fret, as you still have a ton of freedom for building. If you're using a single strand of 24AWG wire, wrap it around a 4mm jig or bit 3-8 times and you'll fit just fine. If you're using a staple staggered fused clapton wire, 4mm inner diamter (id) is going to be a bit too much, I'd say maybe a 3.5mm or 3mm id. Don't wanna make nothing so big that it touches the sides of the top cap though and short your wire, so know your limitations as a builder and the limitations of your equipment. Either way though, you'll have plent room to put your wicking material of choice through the coils with ease.
So, since we mentioned wicking material, how hard is it to wick up? Pretty easy actually! Like I said, you can throw some huge coils in this thing, and you can match it with cotton! Whether you like your cotton to just extend to the bottom of the juice well and rest there peacefully, or if you like to fold your cotton under the coils and tuck it all in there and make a nice pillow... it can be done, and with relative ease! I prefer the fold and tuck method personally, more vapor, bigger clouds, and great flavor!
I've put so many builds in here I can't even begin to cover them all if I tried. But, my favorite has been a dual parallel with 6 wraps of 22g SS and 5 wraps of 24g SS.
Goon build.jpg
Goon quad coil.jpg

Clouds and flavor?! How good is the vape?
Is this RDA better for flavor, or better for clouding up your favorite room? The answer to this question, put simply, is yes! Allow me to explain, because of the buildability in this RDA you can get the perfect coil for cloud chasing or flavor chasing in here. It works better with bigger coils, I'm inclined to say. Anyone that knows me knows I am all about fogging up a room... the entire house sometimes. But, with the adjustable airflow, you can get a tighter draw if that's what you like, or you can run it wide open (my preference). Wide open, I am STILL getting great flavor, and massive clouds. Airflow closed off? Decent clouds, and great flavor!

Closing Thoughts and Opinions:
Like I said, I may be a bit biased with this being one of my first RDA's, and the first one that I fell in love with! But, my opinion is that it is absolutely a must have for anyone from beginners to advanced vapers. It's so easy to use, and it literally has something to offer everyone, I think.
Would I recommend this RDA? The answer to that is abso-fucking-lutely! I would recommend this to anyone that has any interest in building. I'll say it again, from beginners and intermediaries all the way up to advanced vapers!
If I lost this RDA would I buy it again? After a brief moment of accusatory panic, that's the very first thing I would do! I am looking into getting at least one more just to have as a back up! It really is THAT good!

This has been another review brought to you by HellbillyRJ. Thank you for reading, and stick around for even more reviews.

Note: If any vendors or manufacturers would like to contact me to review their products I can be contacted via PM.

Last edited:

NickIsANoob

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
I lost the first goon I bought now look at me
339b8c8a3ec87ffcc24816aebf1cff98.jpg

HellbillyRJ

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I lost the first goon I bought now look at me
339b8c8a3ec87ffcc24816aebf1cff98.jpg
I love mine. Couldn't imagine life without it... If the review didn't give it away :) until I got my limitless plus I used it all day. Now I use it all day as long as I don't have to drive anywhere. I don't advocate for dripping and driving though. Hope they come out with an RDTA version soon.

528 Customs... If ya could manage that I'm sure the customers would be very appreciative. Lol

"Some people call me a redneck, and some people call me a hick, some people call me an asshole, and some people call me just dick. I'm a hellbilly."

httpss//hellbillyvaping.wordpress.com

HellbillyRJ

VU Sponsors