Become a Patron!

Hello all new here

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hello, I am new here but some may recognize me from another forum.
I quit a 40+ year 1+ pack a day smoking habit a bit over 1 yr ago. At the time I had given up on quitting cigs and was just going to smoke till I died. However the wife unit had other plans and bought me a horribly over priced cigalike kit. I thought what the heck and tried them. Within 1 week I was done with cigs.
I have issues with ingredients inmany commercial ejuice's and new virtually nothing about vaping at the time so a crash course in ecigs on the net was started. Within 4 weeks I was doing my own DIY juice. Been a nice ride nice ever since. I currently vape mostly on Subtank Minis at about 14 watts or so and still vape on Kanger T3S's which I modified and also Evods. I drip on a Tobecco Velocity mini for juice testing.
I use regulated and mechs and sometimes even an Evod 650 mah battery ;)

I look forward to being a productive member of The Vaping underground.

RMarcusY

☮ Ambassador ☮
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Welcome to the VU
Good to have you here.

skiball

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I quit a 40+ year 1+ pack a day smoking habit a bit over 1 yr ago. At the time I had given up on quitting cigs and was just going to smoke till I died. However the wife unit had other plans and bought me a horribly over priced cigalike kit. I thought what the heck and tried them. Within 1 week I was done with cigs.
I have issues with ingredients inmany commercial ejuice's and new virtually nothing about vaping at the time so a crash course in ecigs on the net was started. Within 4 weeks I was doing my own DIY juice. Been a nice ride nice ever since. I currently vape mostly on Subtank Minis at about 14 watts or so and still vape on Kanger T3S's which I modified and also Evods. I drip on a Tobecco Velocity mini for juice testing.

Congrats n welcome!

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Congrats on the quit, and welcome to the Underground! Hope you enjoy our little corner of the vape realm, not sure what brings you here but I'm pretty sure we can help you find it!

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Congrats on the quit, and welcome to the Underground! Hope you enjoy our little corner of the vape realm, not sure what brings you here but I'm pretty sure we can help you find it!
Not really looking for any specific information at this time.
Just a place to hang out with good folks, share what knowledge I have and pick up some new.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Greetings, Sir Cromwell... Fancy meeting you here... ;)

Andria

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I love seeing my old buds over here. :) How are you and the Mrs?

Andria
Ohh doing fine. Will be summer before she is on 2 feet again though.
I am back at work.
Off this weekend, jus sittin here sub ohming on my Istick Basic at about 20 watts.
COLD here and snow on the way tomorrow.

Missed ya at the other place.

BadLuckAndTrouble

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I am back at work.
Off this weekend, jus sittin here sub ohming on my Istick Basic at about 20 watts.

You like that basic? I thought about giving one to a friend to try vaping.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You like that basic? I thought about giving one to a friend to try vaping.
Yep like it a lot. the little GS Air 2 tank that comes with it is nice and the coils are great. Running over 4 weeks on the .75 coil that came in it.
All the GS air coils work in it. .75, 1.2 and 1.5 And the air is adjustable from MTL to restricted lung inhale.
For someone starting vaping I would recommend getting them some 1.5 coils to start with. The .75 would likely be a bit much it clouds like a Sub Tank Mini.
Ecig dot com has them for 22.99 I think I paid. Sweet-vapes has the 14 mm tanks and coils at a good price.

BadLuckAndTrouble

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yep like it a lot. the little GS Air 2 tank that comes with it is nice and the coils are great. Running over 4 weeks on the .75 coil that came in it.
All the GS air coils work in it. .75, 1.2 and 1.5 And the air is adjustable from MTL to restricted lung inhale.
For someone starting vaping I would recommend getting them some 1.5 coils to start with. The .75 would likely be a bit much it clouds like a Sub Tank Mini.

Thanks man, gonna order him one then.

Already making a difference over here lol!

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I am back at work.

I miss all y'all just dreadfully, but a couple of mods over there made such a point of making me feel unwelcome, my self-respect forbids my return.

It's cold here tonight, though the weekend has been clear and sunny -- nice in the daytime, damn cold at night -- but Monday we're supposed to have the dread and terrible freezing rain... boo hiss... hope it stays far enough north of metro ATL that my husband doesn't have to miss work!

Andria

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I miss all y'all just dreadfully, but a couple of mods over there made such a point of making me feel unwelcome, my self-respect forbids my return.

It's cold here tonight, though the weekend has been clear and sunny -- nice in the daytime, damn cold at night -- but Monday we're supposed to have the dread and terrible freezing rain... boo hiss... hope it stays far enough north of metro ATL that my husband doesn't have to miss work!

Andria
Sorry to hear about your mod difficulty at the other place. You are missed.
yeah on the snow, supposed to hit tomorrow night and I have to be at work at 7 AM Monday morning.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Sorry to hear about your mod difficulty at the other place. You are missed.
yeah on the snow, supposed to hit tomorrow night and I have to be at work at 7 AM Monday morning.

Well, tell all the tootlers I said XOXOXOX, and c'mon over here. :D I've been trying to get thru my tootle puffer withdrawal, and it's just awful.

Andria

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well, tell all the tootlers I said XOXOXOX, and c'mon over here. :D I've been trying to get thru my tootle puffer withdrawal, and it's just awful.

Andria
You gonna start sub ohming with us anytime soon?
You'll get over tootle puffing... Maybe, lol

Sent from my QTAQZ3 using Tapatalk

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
You gonna start sub ohming with us anytime soon?
You'll get over tootle puffing... Maybe, lol

Sub-ohming? Never. Get over tootle puffing? Only if I quit vaping completely.

You trying to kill me? Because I don't think sub-ohming is conducive to life, when one also has to inhale this stuff, just to keep breathing:

asthmameds.jpg

Andria

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

You trying to kill me? Because I don't think sub-ohming is conducive to life, when one also has to inhale this stuff, just to keep breathing:

View attachment 41048

Andria
Oh, my bad Andria... Didn't know you had prior lung problems..that said, maybe you shouldn't be vaping at all....

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Oh, my bad Andria... Didn't know you had prior lung problems..that said, maybe you shouldn't be vaping at all....

Uhhh, yeah, that would work, I should just go back to smoking cigarettes, that'd make it ALL better! Right???

Andria

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Uhhh, yeah, that would work, I should just go back to smoking cigarettes, that'd make it ALL better! Right???

Andria
Try the patch maybe..hell, I don't know!
But I do know my aunt has asthma and prone to acute bronchitis....she quit smoking using the patch about a yr ago now and is still tobacco free..sorta quit cold turkey...and she doesn't vape...she is 61 yrs old BTW..take care Andria, it's bedtime..

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Gee, why didn't I think of that! Oh wait... I DID! TWICE! IT DOESN'T WORK!!!!! But hey... Vaping DOES!

There's a reeeeeeeeeeeeeal long way between "not vaping at all" and "sub-ohming". Not vaping at all = smoking.

Andria

HazyShades

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

View attachment 41048

Andria
The Advair will give you cataracts. Any corticosteroids will with regular use.
On the other hand if your lungs are real messed up it could help heal them, but it is a double edge sword
The albuterol is okay.
Tootle puffing is okay.
I think the big attraction about sub-ohming and big clouds
is the thickness of the vapor mimics that of smoke and satisfies the senses.

I mostly toodle puff but VG works for me so I get decent clouds @ over 1ohm

Last edited:

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
The Advair will give you cataracts. Any corticosteroids will with regular use.
On the other hand if your lungs are real messed up it could help heal them, but it is a double edge sword
The albuterol is okay.
Tootle puffing is okay.
I think the big attraction about sub-ohming and big clouds
is the thickness of the vapor mimics that of smoke and satisfies the senses.

I mostly toodle puff but VG works for me so I get decent clouds @ over 1ohm

Yeah I'm gradually lowering my steroid dosage; next appt, instead of the 500/50, I'll ask for the 250/50, as I'm doing better than I was 9 months ago when I needed the 500/50; control is getting better all the time. But it's not the risk of cataracts that most concerns me; those can happen to anyone after 60-80 yrs exposure to solar radiation; what concerns me a lot more is osteoporosis, as I'm highly at risk for it even without steroids, and the insult to my immune system.

But I actually looked very closely at the smoke I exhaled, when I was weaning myself off cigarettes; the smoke from a cigarette is no more dense than the light wispy vapor I exhale now with my 9w, 2Ω, 87% PG vape -- it just hangs around longer and smells a lot worse.

The thing I was getting at is this: asking a person who smoked for 39 yrs, who's never found any other way to quit except vaping, if they really should be vaping, is absolutely moronic; it's like asking a person with strep if they really should be taking those antibiotics. But *obviously* I shouldn't be "cloud chasing", because my lungs can't handle high heat or very much VG -- "vaping" encompasses a GREAT DEAL more than cloud chasing, and I spent pretty much ALL of 2014 trying to find a way to do it that doesn't choke me up and/or make me wheeze -- and I did: it's called tootle puffing.

Andria

HazyShades

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah I'm gradually lowering my steroid dosage; next appt, instead of the 500/50, I'll ask for the 250/50, as I'm doing better than I was 9 months ago when I needed the 500/50; control is getting better all the time. But it's not the risk of cataracts that most concerns me; those can happen to anyone after 60-80 yrs exposure to solar radiation; what concerns me a lot more is osteoporosis, as I'm highly at risk for it even without steroids, and the insult to my immune system.

But I actually looked very closely at the smoke I exhaled, when I was weaning myself off cigarettes; the smoke from a cigarette is no more dense than the light wispy vapor I exhale now with my 9w, 2Ω, 87% PG vape -- it just hangs around longer and smells a lot worse.

The thing I was getting at is this: asking a person who smoked for 39 yrs, who's never found any other way to quit except vaping, if they really should be vaping, is absolutely moronic; it's like asking a person with strep if they really should be taking those antibiotics. But *obviously* I shouldn't be "cloud chasing", because my lungs can't handle high heat or very much VG -- "vaping" encompasses a GREAT DEAL more than cloud chasing, and I spent pretty much ALL of 2014 trying to find a way to do it that doesn't choke me up and/or make me wheeze -- and I did: it's called tootle puffing.

Andria
Technically smoke is denser 'cause those are real particles of crap, I can feel the diff.

I recently heard of a natural preventive for osteoporosis which I'm concerned with 'cause the old lady is getting it.
My mom who does have it told me about some new med they inject in you
which supposedly glues all the pieces back together, fills in the bone...She's having it done next week.
Hey! Bone spackle.

Inhale slowly.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Technically smoke is denser 'cause those are real particles of crap, I can feel the diff.

The only sensation I've cared about duplicating was throat hit -- and given that I smoked ultra light cigarettes for 20+ yrs, that was actually pretty easy -- when I was nearly done weaning off the cigarettes, one of the very last ones I lit made me think, "heck, my vape has better TH than this stupid thing!" :D

I recently heard of a natural preventive for osteoporosis which I'm concerned with 'cause the old lady is getting it.
My mom who does have it told me about some new med they inject in you
which supposedly glues all the pieces back together, fills in the bone...She's having it done next week.
Hey! Bone spackle.

That does sound intriguing. I've already lost nearly an inch of height; was always 5'7", but now closer to 5'6". Once the weather warms up a bit, I'm gonna start with the evening walks again; I was doing that back in the late summer/early fall, then got really sick with a nasty bacterial sinus infection, and had no energy for anything at all, and by the time I was well, cold weather had set in -- I can't get motivated to go outdoors when it's cold, now that I don't have to go out to puff butts. :D Also we have some small hand-barbells, light enough for me to use, but heavy enough to give me a *little* workout. I think walking and the light weights are supposed to be some of the best preventatives for osteoporosis. Now that I don't smoke, that takes a little of the risk off the table, but I still have a) family history and b) small frame, as risk factors. Fortunately I have EXTREMELY dense bones.

I was thinking recently that perhaps one of the reasons I have such struggles with leg cramps is calcium too low; I'm past menopause, but with such dense bones, maybe it's difficult for my body to leach calcium from my bones -- which is good for keeping osteoporosis at bay, but does leave me subject to periodic leg cramps. So maybe it's time for some calcium supplements, see if that will help; I'm getting plenty of potassium from the coconut water, so it's not that.

Andria

HazyShades

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The only sensation I've cared about duplicating was throat hit -- and given that I smoked ultra light cigarettes for 20+ yrs, that was actually pretty easy -- when I was nearly done weaning off the cigarettes, one of the very last ones I lit made me think, "heck, my vape has better TH than this stupid thing!" :D

That does sound intriguing. I've already lost nearly an inch of height; was always 5'7", but now closer to 5'6". Once the weather warms up a bit, I'm gonna start with the evening walks again; I was doing that back in the late summer/early fall, then got really sick with a nasty bacterial sinus infection, and had no energy for anything at all, and by the time I was well, cold weather had set in -- I can't get motivated to go outdoors when it's cold, now that I don't have to go out to puff butts. :D Also we have some small hand-barbells, light enough for me to use, but heavy enough to give me a *little* workout. I think walking and the light weights are supposed to be some of the best preventatives for osteoporosis. Now that I don't smoke, that takes a little of the risk off the table, but I still have a) family history and b) small frame, as risk factors. Fortunately I have EXTREMELY dense bones.

I was thinking recently that perhaps one of the reasons I have such struggles with leg cramps is calcium too low; I'm past menopause, but with such dense bones, maybe it's difficult for my body to leach calcium from my bones -- which is good for keeping osteoporosis at bay, but does leave me subject to periodic leg cramps. So maybe it's time for some calcium supplements, see if that will help; I'm getting plenty of potassium from the coconut water, so it's not that.

Andria

Leg cramps=low potassium, high urea.

You know about coconut water for the low potassium,
(Braggs) apple cider vinegar, 2 tablespoons twice per day in a glass of water for the high urea.
You don't want that to turn into Gout

I'll ask my mom about that med. All she told me is she had to be fasting to get it done.

Thick vapor? Yea, I smoked a pipe and Marlboro Regular shorts in the hard pack for almost 40 years.
Sure, I'm in it mostly for the nicotine but to me comparing PG to VG vapor is like comparing
skim milk and a vanilla shake. I want substance. I prefer shakes (or at least whole milk)
But I get that substance w/o having to use a 200 watt mini microwave oven.
You know what they say, "More than a mouthful is wasted"

Hazy :cool:

Ryedan

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have issues with ingredients in

many commercial ejuice's and new virtually nothing about vaping at the time so a crash course in ecigs on the net was started. Within 4 weeks I was doing my own DIY juice. Been a nice ride nice ever since. I currently vape mostly on Subtank Minis at about 14 watts or so and still vape on Kanger T3S's which I modified and also Evods. I drip on a Tobecco Velocity mini for juice testing.

Hey, there's a face I've seen before. Welcome to the VU Robert and hope you enjoy your stay
good3.gif

Greetings, Sir Cromwell... Fancy meeting you here... ;)

And another familiar face Andria :). I don't remember seeing you on here before, but VU is a big place!

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Leg cramps=low potassium, high urea.

You know about coconut water for the low potassium,
(Braggs) apple cider vinegar, 2 tablespoons twice per day in a glass of water for the high urea.
You don't want that to turn into Gout

I'll ask my mom about that med. All she told me is she had to be fasting to get it done.

Thick vapor? Yea, I smoked a pipe and Marlboro Regular shorts in the hard pack for almost 40 years.
Sure, I'm in it mostly for the nicotine but to me comparing PG to VG vapor is like comparing
skim milk and a vanilla shake. I want substance. I prefer shakes (or at least whole milk)
But I get that substance w/o having to use a 200 watt mini microwave oven.
You know what they say, "More than a mouthful is wasted"

Hazy :cool:

Last blood work, my urea readings were quite low. I think it's the calcium, since that's also an electrolyte, and I don't drink a great deal of milk; maybe 8oz daily. And with my bones being so dense, my metabolism can't raid them very easily for calcium.

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Hey, there's a face I've seen before. Welcome to the VU Robert and hope you enjoy your stay
good3.gif

And another familiar face Andria :). I don't remember seeing you on here before, but VU is a big place!

Just started hanging here last week, when retired1 became utterly intolerable. Great to see you!!!! :)

Andria

HazyShades

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Last blood work, my urea readings were quite low. I think it's the calcium, since that's also an electrolyte, and I don't drink a great deal of milk; maybe 8oz daily. And with my bones being so dense, my metabolism can't raid them very easily for calcium.

Andria
Well if you're having cramps you don't wanna drink milk anyway. Lactic acid.
Considering osteo you don't wanna eat your own calcium

HazyShades

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
good3.gif

Yo, Ry! Good to see you again.
Regards,
Hazy

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
good3.gif
Just been here a few weeks. Thought I would broaden my horizons a bit.
Seems like a nice place you have here.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
A stray thought... At my website, I should write an article called "Retired1 is a Useless Asshole" so that google can pick it up... ;)

Andria

HazyShades

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
A stray thought... At my website, I should write an article called "Retired1 is a Useless Asshole" so that google can pick it up... ;)

Andria
...of dubious gender
maybe she'll put you in the sin bin.

make sure you remember to cancel the subscription
on the paypal or CC end. ECF will forget to.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
...of dubious gender
maybe she'll put you in the sin bin.

make sure you remember to cancel the subscription
on the paypal or CC end. ECF will forget to.

I never set it up as a repeating thing. And he, she, or it, can stick it up his, her, or its ass as far as I'm concerned.

Andria

VU Sponsors