Become a Patron!

Hello All

Marty5150

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hey everyone! I just picked up vaping about a week ago and havent had a cig in a week. I am looking to start mixing my own e-juice and plan on picking up as much experience as I can on here. I am not sure what else to say.

voicenyerhed

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hey everyone! I just picked up vaping about a week ago and havent had a cig in a week. I am looking to start mixing my own e-juice and plan on picking up as much experience as I can on here. I am not sure what else to say.
Best advice I, as a new DIYer, can give is listen to the veterans here's advice & don't give up. You WILL get frustrated & will have to study the mixology of e-juice, but when you get your first decent tasting juice you'll love it because YOU created it. But in the meantime, stay stocked on your favorite juices & stick with vaping! Welcome & congrats!

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

RMarcusY

☮ Ambassador ☮
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Welcome to the VU
Good to have you here
enjoy

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years

Marty5150

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I will be digging through the recipe section looking to see what combinations sound good for the flavors that I have. I currently have a mix of lemonade, strawberry, and raspberry that I am enjoying but would love to have a few other recipes in my arsenal.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Hi Marty, welcome to VU!

Andria

Marty5150

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
any recommendations for juice would be appreciated. I was smoking American Spirit Blacks. Loved the strong flavor, But have not found a tobacco flavored juice that I enjoy as much.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
any recommendations for juice would be appreciated. I was smoking American Spirit Blacks. Loved the strong flavor, But have not found a tobacco flavored juice that I enjoy as much.

Some people never do, though I was fortunate to find a Virginia flavor that strongly resembled VA Slims. The thing to keep in mind is that tobacco flavored vapes taste more like the scent of tobacco before you set it on fire. :D It's possible to get something "similar," but never truly identical, because of the lack of the bitterness of burning -- though it can be approximated with such additives as Tobacco Absolute, Flash, Bitter Wizard, and some of the "nutty" flavors. Once you get into DIY, you'll most likely be able to craft something that suits your 'buds using additives like that, but there is nothing that says you have to wait to get into full-on DIY to use additives -- I was adding sweetener and Flash to bought ejuices, for more sweetness and more throat hit, MONTHS before I started real DIY.

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Thank you I hadnt thought of using an additive in a store bought mix yet.

I found it was a really cool way to make a vape really suit my tastes, AND, it allowed me to start identifying resources for all the various products necessary for DIY, before I really jumped in with both feet -- I bought a little of this, a little of that, over a period of several months, and even started stockpiling nicotine in the freezer, some 5-6 months before I started making all my own ejuice. That way the investment can be spread out -- and none of it is really costly, individually, but to buy all at once, would be more than a few pennies.

Andria

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Crap. I was just turned on to a really bold, good 'RED' tobacco and I can't remember the name. I'll post again as soon as I remember it.
Welcome, Marty!

Angrygod50

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Welcome to the UV. Loads of good recipes in the DIY section.

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Welcome and congrats on giving up :cheers:

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator