Become a Patron!

Hello and Thank you

Just wanted to say hello to everyone and Thank you ! I started vaping a month ago and have not had one cig since I bought my mod, I smoked for almost 35yrs. And the reason I say thank you is most of my questions about vaping and mods I searched for led me back to here where i found most my answers. Some how in the past month this has gotten me off cigs without any cravings and turned into a hobby. I have started making my own juice,coils(not the prettiest yet) for my rda and rta And also just got my Topside squonk mod today ! Looking forward to reading more threads.

So again,
Hello and Thank you !

BillD

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Welcome Bill
Glad you quit the cigs
Glad you joined
:cheers:

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Welcome aboard Bill :cheers: great to have you with us

Tom950

VU Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Welcome to the VU

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Welcome, Bill, and congratz! It really does get very easy to quit those damn coffin nails, once you start vaping. I never had any intention of quitting... and now I've been smoke-free over 4 yrs. :)

Welcome to VU! :wave:
Andria

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Welcome to VU.

I will Be 4 yrs smoke free in January. Vaping worked when nothing else would for a 40+ yr 1.5 PAD smoker.
Like Andria I had given up on quitting smoking but wife unit sneaked and got me a cigalike kit so I figured I would try it.
Must obey wife unit after all ;)
1 week later no more cigs since.

Have been 100% DIY since about 2 months after starting vaping.
Was not a smooth transition for me since I found that some ingredient(s) in most commercial ejuice caused me serious issues with oral, throat and lung irritation. I found 1 cheap gas station tobacco ejuice that I could vape and it held me until I was doing my own juice.
Even with DIY I have to toss or PIF about 80% of the flavorings that I try.

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Welcome and congratulations Bill.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Welcome to VU.

I will Be 4 yrs smoke free in January. Vaping worked when nothing else would for a 40+ yr 1.5 PAD smoker.
Like Andria I had given up on quitting smoking but wife unit sneaked and got me a cigalike kit so I figured I would try it.
Must obey wife unit after all ;)
1 week later no more cigs since.

Have been 100% DIY since about 2 months after starting vaping.
Was not a smooth transition for me since I found that some ingredient(s) in most commercial ejuice caused me serious issues with oral, throat and lung irritation. I found 1 cheap gas station tobacco ejuice that I could vape and it held me until I was doing my own juice.
Even with DIY I have to toss or PIF about 80% of the flavorings that I try.

Yeah I think that's even rougher than my own difficulties with VG -- at least with that, I know exactly what to avoid! I just mix my DIY with 86%-87% PG, and all's well. The only flavoring I have a problem with is anything with cinnemaldehyde, and that's only offensive to my tastebuds, not my actual health.

Andria

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Glad you joined :wave:

And even gladder you quit smoking...

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
Hi Bill and Welcome!

:wave:

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Welcome to VU!:cheers:

Lots of help here on DIY, coil building, and squonking!

VU Sponsors