Become a Patron!

Hello everyone :)

Hi, im Arthur and i'm from the Netherlands and i'm 34.
I've been smoking for 23-25 years now and i had thought about quitting for a few years but i knew i would not be able to do it because of stress in my life (my father died 2 years ago bec of smoking, my mother is about to die this year bec of smoking and i'm pretty sure my older sister won't last long either with her 360 gram of tobacco/week and added to that i have a few problems of my own too.
But some time ago my uncle gave my mom his what i think is a noname ce4 without a charger that had helped him quit and he no longer needed it.
My mom and i both tried it and hated it.
3 years later, my dad died, my mom is dying and i am getting p****** off with smoking.
In the last 2 years or so our regular tobacco kept getting more expensive to the point i started buying large packs meant for pipe smokers and filled an old tobacco pouch with that.
That got really tedious, then last month the new laws hit and the big packs were no longer sold and the small packs had gotten those awful pictures on them and i had about enough.
About a week on a totaly unrelated note i started binge watching youtube videos from an amateur prostector/gem collector (mining america) and noticed a device he kept in his hand and put down now and then and assumed it was a wireless microphone.
Some videos later he put the thing in his mouth!
I got so confused and needed to know! and thus i discovered vaping.
He looked pretty cool sucking on that box and he didn't seem like a ***head (i had heard about mods etc and that people did not use them for *** but i just thought those were the typical excuses ***heads make, not that i have anything against ***, it's just not me) so i dug a little deeper and found communities like vaping underground and from the stories from people here i surmised this vaping business was legit and remembered we still had that old ce4 in the house somewere.
The first day i tried it, i did every 2nd smoke with the thing and it worked.
The second day i decided i would give it a proper try and removed all the ashtrays from my living area in the house and blew way too much money online buying atomizers,mods and juice lol.
Now 6 days later i regret none of it and i'm feeling better than i have in a decade :D
Thank you all who inspired me to take this leap and gave me the courage to believe i could do this.

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Welcome to VU, Arthur! Glad to have you with us!

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Wonderful story you have - and welcome to VU

DoctorJ

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I've been smoking for 23-25 years now and i had thought about quitting for a few years but i knew i would not be able to do it because of stress in my life (my father died 2 years ago bec of smoking, my mother is about to die this year bec of smoking and i'm pretty sure my older sister won't last long either with her 360 gram of tobacco/week and added to that i have a few problems of my own too.
But some time ago my uncle gave my mom his what i think is a noname ce4 without a charger that had helped him quit and he no longer needed it.
3 years later, my dad died, my mom is dying and i am getting p****** off with smoking.
In the last 2 years or so our regular tobacco kept getting more expensive to the point i started buying large packs meant for pipe smokers and filled an old tobacco pouch with that.
That got really tedious, then last month the new laws hit and the big packs were no longer sold and the small packs had gotten those awful pictures on them and i had about enough.
About a week on a totaly unrelated note i started binge watching youtube videos from an amateur prostector/gem collector (mining america) and noticed a device he kept in his hand and put down now and then and assumed it was a wireless microphone.
He looked pretty cool sucking on that box and he didn't seem like a ***head (i had heard about mods etc and that people did not use them for *** but i just thought those were the typical excuses ***heads make, not that i have anything against ***, it's just not me) so i dug a little deeper and found communities like vaping underground and from the stories from people here i surmised this vaping business was legit and remembered we still had that old ce4 in the house somewere.
The second day i decided i would give it a proper try and removed all the ashtrays from my living area in the house and blew way too much money online buying atomizers,mods and juice lol.
Now 6 days later i regret none of it and i'm feeling better than i have in a decade :D
Thank you all who inspired me to take this leap and gave me the courage to believe i could do this.

Great story about switching. I empathize with you about your parents. Both of mine passed due to smoking related issues.

And BTW, you can never have too much gear! Whatever it takes to keep you off the stinkies is worth the money!

gingerbread

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Hello from the UK & welcome to VU. :wave:Inspirational story and congratulations:stars:.So true about the pics on cigs:eek:. Hope to see you around.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Welcome aboard. So sorry about your parents. You landed in the right place. Maybe one day you'll be the inspiration for your sis.

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hi Taliesin and welcome to the V/U family, sorry to hear about your parents buddy. Glad you made the vaping choice it has saved so many, enjoy the forum

Manimal3497

Manimalizer
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Welcome-Dragon.gif

Angrygod50

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Welcome to the VU. Glad vaping is working out for you. Breathing's a good thing.

MaDDeR_HaTTeR

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
:teehee: Arthurrrr!!! LMAO "Sucking on that box"!! Funny stuff bro!! Thanks for the laughs!! I'm new here and just wanted to say CONGRATS on breaking that wikid cycle man!! Right here with you!! Vape on bro!!

VU Sponsors