Become a Patron!

Hello from Atlanta.

Motomike117

Member For 1 Year
Hello, my roommates finally convinced me to put down the cigarettes and buy a vape. I bought the SMOK Baby Mag and I absolutely love it and haven't smoked a cigarette since. It's been about a week now and I have no desire to smoke cigarettes and I love The vaping experience. The only thing I'm confused about is when I scanned the verification card that came with it it's telling me that it's not a genuine smok product. It came from a very well-known vape shop here in Mobile and everything looks completely genuine and I absolutely love this mod. Very confused, glad to be here.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Hiya and welcome to VU :wave:

And congratulations on quitting cigarettes!!!

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
Hello, my roommates finally convinced me to put down the cigarettes and buy a vape. I bought the SMOK Baby Mag and I absolutely love it and haven't smoked a cigarette since. It's been about a week now and I have no desire to smoke cigarettes and I love The vaping experience. The only thing I'm confused about is when I scanned the verification card that came with it it's telling me that it's not a genuine smok product. It came from a very well-known vape shop here in Mobile and everything looks completely genuine and I absolutely love this mod. Very confused, glad to be here.

Hi, Welcome to the forum and congratulations on making the switch.:wave:

Many manufacturers put a MAP (minimum advertised price) on their products so retailers can not sell the product for less than the MAP.
They can charge more and they even have a MSRP (Manufacturer suggested retail price) so the retailer can mark the product down from the MSRP but can not go below the pre determined MAP price.

Often wholesalers and even regular people with expendable income will buy large batches of the product and sell them off for much less than the MAP.
Since the more you buy the cheaper they are these people may only be paying $25 for a device that sells for $100.

When the company finds out the buyer is selling below the MAP they will blacklist the buyer and blacklist the codes on the products they purchased.

That or you got a fake which is not likely since the Chinese usually never clone Smok products.
I have never heard of it happening anyway.

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Welcome aboard :wave: wonder what the shop says about it?

Wb80

-DIY-demon-
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Welcome to vu. Ive yet to c smok clones. I say if it looks rite n works rite dont worry about it. Im not a huge smok fan but i have a v9 max and to b honest it works well. Though i disliked the sub ohm tank it came with. Now i run it with a dead rabbit rta and it works well

Last edited:

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Welcome to VU.
Doubt that the Smok is a clone, if it works well I wouldn't worry about it either way.

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Welcome to VU!:cheers:

@5150sick probably nailed the answer. Smok stuff is so cheap, it's not worth it to clone it.

VU Sponsors