Become a Patron!

Hello from Finland

Hello peoples of VU.

I am Luke and I am from Finland.
I have now been a vaper for about a little more than 3 months and I gotta say that it is fantastic, all from the community to all the tasty flavors. Started with a myJet and the week after, I started with a KBOX70w and that's when it all went downhill as I started reading and watching a lot of reviews on items that I would like, a lot of juices I had to try, so I got myself a Tesla nano 120w with a goon RDA and that was fantastic. That didn't last too long, went 2 months, no smoking, no nothing just vaping and it was fine, I always had bad comments about it at work as the only place to vape was also the smoking room at my workplace, they either liked the smell or they hated the amount of vapor my vape produced.

All those thoughts sort of got to me in a way and I work at a very stressful environment to begin with, so when a day in June, it was full stress, I almost flipped and went to the smoking room in order to get a fix of nicotine from the vape and nothing worked, it didn't work, I got even more stressed, what would help, I had no idea, and then it hit me hard in the end about that the stinkies, those darn stinkies that had been pestering me for the past 10 years were starting to call for me. So I went down to the shop and got myself a pack, one cig later and I was calm, I was so pissed at myself and depressed over the fact that I lasted 2 months before screwing it up and now I am trying once again to break off the bad cycle of stinkies, more juice, more vapes and more fun.

So with that, I am hoping to succeed without the stinkies, and any suggestions would be appreciated.

That's all for me,
Peace.

RMarcusY

☮ Ambassador ☮
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Welcome to the VU
Good luck

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Hey Dream -

Welcome to VU :wave: and congratulations on mainly giving up smoking

Do not beat yourself up over backsliding a little - at least you are getting back on track :)

P.S. The number one reason I see folks fall back to cigarettes is equipment failure - so it's a good idea to make sure you have everything in good working order every night before you have to get up and go to work - batteries charged, coils in good condition, enough juice for the day, etc

I don't know if you can get it in Finland, but if you still feel stressed out about smoking after vaping for so long, you might want to look into a product called WTA - it contains the alkaloids in tobacco that is not in most juice. It really cuts the cravings for those of us that are seriously addicted

Hey, I looked into WTA and I find second to no info if that would be obtainable in Finland.
Although from my standpoint, I probably just need to be calmer and keep going strong on the vape scene. :xD:

Angrygod50

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Welcome to the VU. Can you try a higher nic level 12mg or above I started with 18mg now I do 3mg.

gakudzu

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Welcome:wave:

Backups, and backups for your backups lol. And don't beat yourself up because you had a nic fit, and busted mod. Happens to the best of us, brother. Just get back on the vape as soon as ya can. No biggie.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Welcome aboard, Luke.....:vino:

jazzman

"I'm Old, Fat and Ugly with a crappy attitude!
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Welcome to the Underground. Glad to have you aboard.

Welcome:wave:

Backups, and backups for your backups lol. And don't beat yourself up because you had a nic fit, and busted mod. Happens to the best of us, brother. Just get back on the vape as soon as ya can. No biggie.

Hehe, Well, the thing is, my mod never got busted, it was that went I went to the smoking room to vape, the vape itself didn't make me calmer, which stressed me out even more. *cough* I actually take very very very good care of my mods *cough*

Although i've been thinking about getting a tank which will only hold a bigger amount of nic in it, in order to see if that might work, might be something for my V8 Stick :)

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hehe, Well, the thing is, my mod never got busted, it was that went I went to the smoking room to vape, the vape itself didn't make me calmer, which stressed me out even more. *cough* I actually take very very very good care of my mods *cough*

Although i've been thinking about getting a tank which will only hold a bigger amount of nic in it, in order to see if that might work, might be something for my V8 Stick :)

Perhaps it's the stress you're getting from your co-workers? Also, sitting in the smoking room while others are smoking is not good in any way, regardless of what you might think. Think about it, you're sitting there vaping and sucking in that second hand smoke. As others have pointed out repeatedly, there's more to quitting smoking than just replacing the cigs with a mod.

I know I get stressed at the thought of my mod not working while I'm out. I never leave home without 2 mods, 2 bottles of juice and spare batteries. It eliminates the worry.

It's summer in Finland, go outside and vape. You've only been doing this a short while so don't be so hard on yourself.

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Welcome to the underground :cheers:

I agree with what the guys are saying about having a backup even a little pen type device to tie you over until you get home :)

And fume those stinky bastards out of the room make it a vape room! ...I have no issue being obnoxious when being forced to stand in the smoking area at work sod having to sit in the room with them though breathing that horrible second hand smoke in lol I'd rather stand out in the rain, wind and cold that be subjected to that

I'm always mindful when in public in the street try to tootle puff in all honesty but with the smokers the gloves are off ;)

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

I agree with what the guys are saying about having a backup even a little pen type device to tie you over until you get home :)

And fume those stinky bastards out of the room make it a vape room! ...I have no issue being obnoxious when being forced to stand in the smoking area at work sod having to sit in the room with them though breathing that horrible second hand smoke in lol I'd rather stand out in the rain, wind and cold that be subjected to that

I'm always mindful when in public in the street try to tootle puff in all honesty but with the smokers the gloves are off ;)

Yea, easy for you to say, you're in the UK. The poor bastard is in Finland. His juice will probably freeze in the winter. :eek:

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Yea, easy for you to say, you're in the UK. The poor bastard is in Finland. His juice will probably freeze in the winter. :eek:

Yeah guess so

although not to be an ass but that'll take some going to freeze e juice lol 2.F and that's if you just leave it without cooking the coil

Frostbite I'd be more worried about lol

Perhaps it's the stress you're getting from your co-workers? Also, sitting in the smoking room while others are smoking is not good in any way, regardless of what you might think. Think about it, you're sitting there vaping and sucking in that second hand smoke. As others have pointed out repeatedly, there's more to quitting smoking than just replacing the cigs with a mod.

I know I get stressed at the thought of my mod not working while I'm out. I never leave home without 2 mods, 2 bottles of juice and spare batteries. It eliminates the worry.

It's summer in Finland, go outside and vape. You've only been doing this a short while so don't be so hard on yourself.

Maybe I am getting the stress from the co-workers who won't mind their own business, and the smoking room is the only room which I am allowed to vape in as I am working on a ferry and we are not really allowed to be seen outside with customers, which in return makes it hard as there aren't really any options for me.

Fair point, although winter is pretty neat in Finland :xD:

Well, I surely have backups, and I always bring such with me to work, but if I am just going to town and chilling, I'd rather take my smaller one just for the comfort and the fact that it has a tank so I can vape on for a long time without worrying about anything, And I am being mindful as well regarding the public, but I do it in a way whereas I just stand in smoking areas, try not to have the vape going full-throttle while others are around and such, just so that they don't feel discomfort for being around me, because that's just an asshole move no matter if it's a smoker or a non-smoker.

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Maybe I am getting the stress from the co-workers who won't mind their own business, and the smoking room is the only room which I am allowed to vape in as I am working on a ferry and we are not really allowed to be seen outside with customers, which in return makes it hard as there aren't really any options for me.

Well, I surely have backups, and I always bring such with me to work, but if I am just going to town and chilling, I'd rather take my smaller one just for the comfort and the fact that it has a tank so I can vape on for a long time without worrying about anything, And I am being mindful as well regarding the public, but I do it in a way whereas I just stand in smoking areas, try not to have the vape going full-throttle while others are around and such, just so that they don't feel discomfort for being around me, because that's just an asshole move no matter if it's a smoker or a non-smoker.

Hehe I only said what I said as the smokers at my place are equally as obnoxious

Fair play though ;)

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years

Maybe you could try NETs (Naturally Extracted Tobacco)

Found these in Denmark korsvang and LoL on a Reddit post

NETs - it also helps a lot of people who have a hard time quitting tobacco

See, I understand where you are coming from, it took me over 2.5 years of dual use (smoking sometimes/vaping sometimes) to finally quit smoking.

But been smoke free for over 1.5 years now!

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Hey, I looked into WTA and I find second to no info if that would be obtainable in Finland.
Although from my standpoint, I probably just need to be calmer and keep going strong on the vape scene. :xD:

This place supposedly has NETs also

https://www.finnvape.com

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Apparently Finnvape doesn't seem to operate anymore O u O

Oh well -
I am an arrogant American who only speaks English :giggle:

Funny, my mother's parents were from Finland, but they were adamant their children speak only English, though they didn't hesitate to speak Finnish when they didn't want us to know what they were talking about :facepalm:

Oh well -
I am an arrogant American who only speaks English :giggle:

Funny, my mother's parents were from Finland, but they were adamant their children speak only English, though they didn't hesitate to speak Finnish when they didn't want us to know what they were talking about :facepalm:

That happend to me as well in a sense, as my parents in the beginning never spoke finnish to me and my lil brother, but as we grew older and moved back to finland, we both got the finnish language to work.

VU Sponsors