Become a Patron!

Hello From NC

Hi everyone, Long time lurker here. I decided to join to get some more insight to the DIY side. I recently ordered a huge shipment from several suppliers. Flavor West being my flavor supplier. So far not too many complaints.

Here is what I came to ask-

DIY Sweetener- I know this is a huge topic here. I have read quite a bit. The other night I bought Pyure powdered sweetener. I followed some not so great instructions and I am not getting the results I expected. I ordered Peach from FW and it resembles Mango quite a bit. Very earthy and not sweet. So when I tried cloning Dynamic Vapes "Fusion", The peach killed it. So with the serving size being 1/2 teaspoon, how much should I dilute in a 30ml bottle? TIA

Lemonade Flavors- So I order 2 Lemonade flavors from FW. One regular, one Pink. Both are VERY acidic when vaping. Without adding anything to take away from the flavor of the lemonade, how can I tone that down? I am only using 12%.

Mixing Suggestions-
What can I add to these flavors, they don't taste like I expected-
Yellow Cake
Maraschino Cherry(VERY strong)
Sugar Cookie(Very bland)

More will come to me later.

Thanks for any input!

-Jonathan

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Yellow Cake
Maraschino Cherry(VERY strong)
Sugar Cookie(Very bland)

FW Yellow Cake is an add-on flavor and I doubt you'll get much taste of anything as stand alone.

All the Cherry flavors I've tried are very strong and taste like cough syrup, not a good flavor for DIY beginners.

If it's FW Sugar Cookie it will be kind of mild, and again not so good for stand alone mix, better used in a recipe.
CAP Sugar Cookie v1 is stronger but also probably better used within a recipe.
FA Cookie is another good one
INW Biscuit is still my favorite tho, 2% stand alone, or 1% mixed in with fruits/Ice Creams/most anything.

how can I tone that down? I am only using 12%.

12% is way too high for Citrus flavors IMO.
Try at 6% next time.
You can usually soften the sharpness by adding some other flavors, ie., cream, vanilla, FA Marshmallow, TFA Cheesecake Graham.

Thinking you need more flavors to get started.

Better off just buying some TFA Sweetener instead of trying to make your own.
Don't use too much as it will kill the flavor, usually only need 1-2 drops in 15ml recipe.

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Some of my FW favorites

FW Vanilla Bean, think TFA is just a bit better tho.
FW Butterscotch 14%
FW Cinnamon Roll 6%
FW Hazelnut 7%
FW Butter Pecan 7%

Mix 4% Butter Pecan + 4% Hazelnut + 3% FW Vanilla Bean + 1-2% FW Milk

Probably missed a few...

FW Yellow Cake is an add-on flavor and I doubt you'll get much taste of anything as stand alone.

All the Cherry flavors I've tried are very strong and taste like cough syrup, not a good flavor for DIY beginners.

If it's FW Sugar Cookie it will be kind of mild, and again not so good for stand alone mix, better used in a recipe.
CAP Sugar Cookie v1 is stronger but also probably better used within a recipe.
FA Cookie is another good one
INW Biscuit is still my favorite tho, 2% stand alone, or 1% mixed in with fruits/Ice Creams/most anything.

12% is way too high for Citrus flavors IMO.
Try at 6% next time.
You can usually soften the sharpness by adding some other flavors, ie., cream, vanilla, FA Marshmallow, TFA Cheesecake Graham.

Thinking you need more flavors to get started.

Better off just buying some TFA Sweetener instead of trying to make your own.
Don't use too much as it will kill the flavor, usually only need 1-2 drops in 15ml recipe.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks for the input!

FW actually suggests 15-20% which is why I only used 12%. Ill try 6% next time. I have some FW Marshmallow Ill throw in with it.

The cherry is strong but nothing a simple one time mistake cant fix. As far as the yellow cake, I bought it with the intentions of making a Pineapple Upside Down Cake Recipe. Just forgot the Pineapple Flavoring haha. I ordered the whipped cream and cherry. I want to make some kind of a cake flavor.

As far as sweetener goes, I really need to make something to calm down this peach because it is very unsweet and earthy.

I have the following-
BLACKBERRY

BLUE RASPBERRY

BUBBLE GUM

CAKE (YELLOW)

CINNAMON ROLL

CRUNCH FRUIT CEREAL

EXTREME ICE

FRUIT RINGS

FRUITY FLAKES

HAWAIIAN LIMEADE

KIWI

LEMON MERINGUE PIE

LEMONADE (PINK)

LEMONADE

MARASCHINO CHERRY

MARSHMALLOW

MENTHOL (LIQUID)

MILK

ORANGE

PEACH

RAINBOW CANDY

RICE KRISPIES TYPE

RED WHITE AND BLUE

SPEARMINT

STRAWBERRY

SUGAR COOKIE

WHIPPED CREAM

APPLE (GREEN)

BOOM!

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I really need to make something to calm down this peach because it is very unsweet and earthy.

Some of the Peach brands, and Blackberry, can be kinda strong, steeping helps sometimes.
Best to just use a lower amount up front though.

You really should get some FW Vanilla Bean Ice Cream, I prefer TFA but FW will work too.
(mixing Vanilla & Cream really works good to calm down the sharpness and help sweeten up the fruit mixes)

Start with:
3% Blackberry + 4% VBIC +2% Milk (adjust fruit up or down as needed)
5% Strawberry + 4% VBIC + 2% Milk
7% Orange + 4% VBIC + 2% Milk (kinda tastes like FW Orange Dream Bar stand alone)
5% Peach "" "" ""
Try the Cherry at 0.5-1% in this mix

(well, you get the idea anyway)
(sub any fruit type here)

FW Cinnamon Roll 5-7% stand alone
5% Sugar Cookie + 2% Yellow Cake + 3% Cinnamon Roll
5% Apple + 2% Yellow Cake + 3% Cinnamon Roll

Cake flavors are really tough ones as I've yet to find one that works right for me.
FW Yellow Cake has some sugars in it so it's really hard on coils.

When in doubt about what amount to start with, 5% is usually a good starting point IMO.

FW Sweet Cream & FW Bavarian Cream are good add-ons if you're sticking to FW flavors.
(just for simple Peaches & Cream or Strawberries & Cream types)
And 5-7% FW Blueberry is decent too.

Last edited:

VU Sponsors