Become a Patron!

Hello from New Jersey

Joe_kr

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hey all, kinda new to the vape world and I'm already a cabinet deep in parts, accessories, juice and kanthal. It's a cheap addictive habbit that I'm glad I gave up smoking for.

Little bit about my old habbit. I used to smoke a pack and a half of Marlboro reds a day, it was a bit ridiculous considering a pack of smokes are 8$ and change here in no, buying 2 packs a day doesn't add up to buying a new RDA, tank, juice or whatever for that matter. I enjoy the everyday vape experience to the cloud chasing builds I've come to enjoy building. My first build was a twisted 24awg with a 32awg Clapton duel coil. Did I know what I was doing? No... Did it work? Eh.... Was it pretty? Oh yea. I digress.

It my "square" I have the kangertech subox starter kit (which broke on me 1 week after buying it.) they just sent me the replacement kbox. I also have a smok magneto mech (which I absolutely love in 18350 mode cuz it's smaller) I usually pair that up with the REMentry RDA by rem creations with a simple 24awg 5wrap build duel coil ohming at .2, nice flavor, dense clouds, all around good vape. I have an ipv d2 75w temp mod which I use the kanger sub tank with the .5 (lies, .6) ohm kanger vertical occ coils. On order is the unwell crown so I can actually use the temp control setting on the ipv d2. I think that's about it. Just wanted to drop by and say what's up. Hope to gather more information from the collective and build some safe coils. Thanks for reading.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RMarcusY

☮ Ambassador ☮
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Welcome to the VU
Good to have you here.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Howdy Jersey Joe! Welcome to VU :)

Sounds like you're having a great time so far.

Joe_kr

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm loving it @Huckleberried. The girlfriend is like "another damnd vape thing?" Meaning RDA or something I come home with lol. The moment I got the kbox starter kit, I haven't had a cigarette (except for the wedding I was at last week, but hey, my battery died haha) it really has made me feel better, taste things again, and it's all around nice smelling a nice fruit smell, or a apple pie scent rather than cigarettes. I gotta get the lady to get one now so we can blow clouds together!

USMC8497

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hello and welcome to the VU.

Joe_kr

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
This thread took an interesting turn in an odd direction. Anyway.

So. Smok t(whatever the other letters are) fv4? Or uwell crown? Since Black Friday is coming up I figured I'd get the girl something nice (massage, cuz she works for the owner of a shoe company, so she has enough fuckin shoes) and that means I can get a subtank. I've seen reviews for the smok and the cons kinda out weigh the pros aside for the "kit" you get. The uwell is nice, my buddy has it, the coils lasted him about a month and they sell ni200 pre made coils. So I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place.

Is there any other tanks I should be looking at for flavor, temp control mods, clouds all in one? I know I'm asking for the "perfect" tank, but eh.

Thanks again in advance

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
The flavor in the Crown is really, really good. I haven't used the other one you mentioned.

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Welcome to VU! Glad to have you here!

Joe_kr

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
DL. Sorry should've clarified that. It's all good man, I've been in the army for 10 years now, we all have issues lol. Never a need to apologize lol. MTL to me is like ass to mouth, never do it hahaha. Too soon to show my crazy side?

Joe_kr

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Funny thing, the last cigarette I had (when my kanger broke) I forgot it was a cigarette and took a dl hit and almost died lol. It was quite unpleasant haha

thejman

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
LOL. It has happened to me as well. It hurts!!

Joe_kr

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Here's my second (first successful) build. Twisted 24 AWG A1 duel coil 6wraps on my REMentry RDA built on the magneto, and blasted on my ipv d2 at 75 watts coming in at .22 ohms. I like it better at 47watts. But got nice flavor and cloud at 75. 75 is just not my thing. Hope you enjoy. Any advice, scrutiny, constructive criticism is welcome and advised!

f5f689c1fe0af1c823c791605e55ab51.jpg
940f8191ba00f75e0aa2152d60dd0693.jpg

Last edited:

Joe_kr

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thank you @sharkvape I'll prob get the 2 tanks and a snow wolf or dna mod of sorts lol. As for the coils, what do u think I need work on? I know they could use work, but some experience is in order as well, but I got some mail today and it's some great mail (prob not an awesome brand, but good for the price to "waste" learning lol)
7300cf0382fd6b7214277c4c48d51b75.jpg

The high life, not the kanthal ;)

Joe_kr

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Just saw a great bundle deal from an online company (don't know if I can mention the company tho). I was just talking about the snow wolf, and there is a bundle of that, 2 mxjo 3000mAh batteries and a nitecore i2 charger for 155. Hmmmm. BABE! Buy it for me! Lol.

woodyt74

Obsessive? Who me?
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Welcome to the VU! Looks like you are off and running, LOL!!

3dog

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Show Host
VU Live Host
Hey all, kinda new to the vape world and I'm already a cabinet deep in parts, accessories, juice and kanthal. It's a cheap addictive habbit that I'm glad I gave up smoking for.

Little bit about my old habbit. I used to smoke a pack and a half of Marlboro reds a day, it was a bit ridiculous considering a pack of smokes are 8$ and change here in no, buying 2 packs a day doesn't add up to buying a new RDA, tank, juice or whatever for that matter. I enjoy the everyday vape experience to the cloud chasing builds I've come to enjoy building. My first build was a twisted 24awg with a 32awg Clapton duel coil. Did I know what I was doing? No... Did it work? Eh.... Was it pretty? Oh yea. I digress.

It my "square" I have the kangertech subox starter kit (which broke on me 1 week after buying it.) they just sent me the replacement kbox. I also have a smok magneto mech (which I absolutely love in 18350 mode cuz it's smaller) I usually pair that up with the REMentry RDA by rem creations with a simple 24awg 5wrap build duel coil ohming at .2, nice flavor, dense clouds, all around good vape. I have an ipv d2 75w temp mod which I use the kanger sub tank with the .5 (lies, .6) ohm kanger vertical occ coils. On order is the unwell crown so I can actually use the temp control setting on the ipv d2. I think that's about it. Just wanted to drop by and say what's up. Hope to gather more information from the collective and build some safe coils. Thanks for reading.

Welcome :D

Joe_kr

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So I went with the uwell crown in SS and I have to say, it's pretty bad ass. The coils are made of stainless steel, and it comes with a .15 ni200 coil head. I'm currently using the .25 SS coil and I had it up to 75 watts with a max VG juice and got no burnt taste. It drinks juice, but not as bad as the videos I've seen of the smok tank. Let's see how long a coil head lasts, in some of the reviews some people got about a month of regular vape on one coil head. We shall see. The build quality of this tank is amazing, although their was no machine oil that I saw on it, I still ran it under some tap water just to be sure there was no foreign materials in it. Comes with 2 SS wire duel coils (.25 and .5) and one .15 ni200 coil, a replacement Pyrex glass and the o-rings for the entire tank. The airflow ring is amazing, clicks into place and is not tough to spin either. Really good tank and worth the 34 or so dollars it is.

And it looks pretty sweet on my ipv d2 in stainless steel;)

67bb41ad8863702de7cf56b533d6bc85.jpg
c1c30c40389e8a6b281a741294c0868f.jpg

Last edited:

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Welcome to VU Joe_kr!

Nice bit of kit you got there. Just be careful with the low sub-ohm builds. 18350 batteries aren't made to handle the current of low sub builds. Keep those on your 18650 mods. Not meaning to be a killjoy, but safety is first in my book.

Joe_kr

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
@gopher_byrd if I'm building a .2 coil I use the 18650 I really don't have a use for the 18350 aside from it being smaller but if I do I use the subtank with like a 1.2 or 1.5 ohm occ coil head. Since I got the ipv, I don't really take the mech out too often. I mainly use it at home to piss my girlfriend off with clouds lol.

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
@gopher_byrd if I'm building a .2 coil I use the 18650 I really don't have a use for the 18350 aside from it being smaller but if I do I use the subtank with like a 1.2 or 1.5 ohm occ coil head. Since I got the ipv, I don't really take the mech out too often. I mainly use it at home to piss my girlfriend off with clouds lol.

No worries, just want my vape buds to come home with their face intact. Carry on, you got this.

Head over to the builders forum for some fun builds, hints, and tricks. May the clouds be with you...

Rockwell

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Welcome to VU, Joe! Good times and good information here.
I'm learning too, and it pays to listen to experience for sure

Joe_kr

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Anyone can tell me about the temp control? Pros, cons, other? I'm gonna put the ni200 .15 ohm coil in the crown, but just looking for the benefits of temp control. Any info is good info. Thanks in advance

Joe_kr

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

Got bored today at work (powder coating company) and decided to "upgrade" my reuleaux rx200. Maybe next week I'll do some other color. Also, I can do anyone's if you want. Send me a DM and I'll let you know what colors I got.

RatRacer

a touch oɟɟ
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Got bored today at work (powder coating company) and decided to "upgrade" my reuleaux rx200. Maybe next week I'll do some other color. Also, I can do anyone's if you want. Send me a DM and I'll let you know what colors I got.

Nice job! Turned out factory looking.

Joe_kr

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thanks man. I pride myself on perfection. Stainless steel covers real well. The factory paint chipped on me (and I hate that) so I decided "want something done right? Do it yourself" so that's the outcome.

I'm gonna do my ipv d3 tomorrow. Pick a color for me lol

RatRacer

a touch oɟɟ
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm gonna do my ipv d3 tomorrow. Pick a color for me lol

I'm hitting on a D3 as I type. I'm a Black & Red 2 tone fan. Drive a Chevy "Pull me over Red" truck, renamed Red Hot for 2015+.

Joe_kr

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have the white d3 and I have to say, I'm unimpressed with the paint finish, I would've love it so much more if it were a flat white, not a fan on the gloss. I'm gonna do the reuleaux in the black and red. I have a "black cherry" color that I've never used (got it for a customer and they changed their mind) so now it's time for me to use it lol

Joe_kr

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
f0d4e853e91704919158c65b16b66f63.jpg

New color

VU Sponsors