Become a Patron!

Hello from right here

hammerheaded

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hello,
Joseph here, been creeping on this site for a few months now and figured I would go ahead and register/intoduce myself.
I've been vaping for about five months now, started out with a subox mini and have been trashed a predictor 228 and a al85. Currently running a g-priv with a pulse 22 running 24ga stainless at .68ohm. I also have a gonad, velocity, peerless, mutain xV and a bliz highlite. My fallbacks are a pair of big baby beasts and the elabo from the aforementioned dead predator.
I'm currently looking into a better mod for tc. My g price just doesn't seem to like it all that much. I've tried lost of different coil configurations and wire materials. The 24 ga 316l seams to be ok, but I want to try either a DNA or whatever the has replaced the DNA chip as the leader in the temp control market. I haven't gotten much help locally. The vape stores around here look at me funny when I start asking about tc.

RMarcusY

☮ Ambassador ☮
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Welcome to the VU
Good to have you here

Angrygod50

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Welcome to the Underground. DNA, Yihi (SXmini mods not P4U)and FSK are all good TC chips.

hammerheaded

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Just one?

Welcome to the underground :wave:
Horrible fishing accident, but that's not important right now I figure everyone on this site understands the point. Govad is what I was referring to. And to that point, if anyone has been curious about vandy vape, I can't tell u how impressed I've been with my govad and my pulse. Only had them a few days, but they are a cut above the stuff I've seen/bought at the local shops. There are four vape shops between the town I live in and the ones I drive though to get to work and none of them had heard of them. I try to support all of them and most of the poeple are trying to be nice / helpful but I'm done buying equipment from them or taking there advice. Juice and coils for the baby beasts only. I've been fighting with t c for weeks and I just got it rocking with my pulse today. Sooooo much better than straight wattage when it's right.
I was just about to give up after weeks of building different set ups, but thanks to reading on this forum, I've got some learning to do as far as wicking and stuff, but my 24ga ss316l .63 ohm single coil has fulfilled my vape dreams for now. The thing that worked for me was to use a fine thread bolt to wrap my coil with consistent spacing between each coil and then baking it with a butane torch. I've always wondered how people can run coils that were squeezed together, doesn't that cause a direct short that drops the resistance?

Cormic

Member For 3 Years
The wire gets a small layer of oxide that acts as insulation. When it does short you get hot spots so you wiggle the wire around between firings until those spots gets covered to.

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Welcome aboard :cheers:

VU Sponsors