Become a Patron!

Hello from VA, new here but not to vaping...

Overmountain

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hello all, new here from VA, but not really new to vaping. Learned a lot of what I know by lurking here... My local shop is 'Cold Smoke Vapor Works' in Bristol, VA. Owned by some good friends and great people. They've helped me along since I first ditched the cancer sticks and started vaping. I tinker with boxes of my own now, and own a business which specializes in custom knives and tools, so I also do some fab work here and there. Making boxes was a natural extension I think. My business is Overmountain Knife and Tool of Abingdon, VA. I will post a pic or two of my latest mod build in a bit. My personal vape these days. A slimmed and squared up Hammond 1590a with a single Sony VTC5 and SX350 chip. Sprung 510. Milled down to 25mm deep by (stock) 35mm wide and stock height @ around 75mm. I run a Squape-R with a twisted double G-plat 26 at about 8 wraps at .125" diameter running near 0.4 ohms. Glad to meet everyone officially! Cheers and happy holidays!

Overmountain

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Here is the slimmed SX350 box.
fe1e74148b7e7dac25d472e05ca5152f.jpg

With my SQuape-R in the hand for scale. Micro USB and led are on the bottom. Can be used while charging so I didn't want the cord out the side...
9478e120645df6bcb6c4472b0c2e8b63.jpg

Here is the bottom...
8b53b032eb73b5302fa3e88f2016e6cf.jpg

I purposefully left the finish rough, and even added some patina here and there. I like a steampunky look to things...

And here is a nice coild job that I was quite proud of. I'm probably not the world's best coil builder, but have done some neat ones from time to time. Clapton coils, chimneys, etc. This one is in the wife's atty. Twisted double G-plat 26. 5 wraps each about 1/8" inside diameter. I wrap my coils on a length of all-thread so they're spaced just slightly. Organic cotton wick... (Disregard the reading. It's a .20 ~)
7cd8c3a832e3117bb88315a642822f4c.jpg

Thanks for looking. I have been vaping for about a year now. Stopped smoking and switched to full time vaping in about Feb/March last year. Started with the Blu e-cigs, then to the evod etc. When the wife finally got a rebuildable atty with a mech mod I gave it a try and just had to switch. I had no idea the flavor I was missing. Lurking here and elsewhere, along with a lot of help from my friend Grady, owner of Cold Smoke in Bristol, VA, I've finally begun building all my own gear.

I have a lathe and mill in the shop, so almost anything is within the realm of possibility...

Cheers!
-Eric

Last edited:

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

Overmountain

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Welcome to VU Eric, nice looking work, Glad to meet you:)
Here is a link to our sales and promotions area.

http://vapingunderground.com/forums/sales-promotions.56/

Enjoy the forum!
Thanks for the link... I have no intentions of selling anything. My business is separate from my vaping lifestyle... I do knives and tools mostly with a bit of fab work here and there. I have done everything from some re-creative blacksmithing of fence parts, hinges, latches and such to welding needs to full on custom car builds. I've lately been focusing on knives and other related hardware.

While I have fabbed some pieces for mods and the like for other people, my complete builds are just for me or the wife to enjoy. There are already far too many extremely talented designers and makers out there for the vaping community. I wouldn't dream of wading into that pool...

Cheers everyone.
Happy New Year!

-Eric

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Greetings and welcome.

VU Sponsors