Become a Patron!

Hello I am scared

mutee

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hello Iam scared of vaping because I don't know when to change 18650 batteries since I have small nicks and cuts on battery wraps is it OK to use in my vaperesso revenger mode because even if I buy new batteries small cuts and nicks appear after use because I take them out for charging my question is when should I discard is the cut near positive end bad or near negative one????? Or both??? But this happens with every battery and do they vent or explode?? Best regards Shafi

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Buy some new battery wraps. They are cheap and easy to use. Check YouTube for instructional videos.

mutee

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I don't know how to reward plus u don't underestabd after using it for 5 or 10 days again small nicks and cuts appear what's tge, solution or the solution is to keep rewraping???

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Looks like Revenger has buttons on one end of the battery sled. If those buttons are spring loaded, perhaps just a little more care in installing/removing the batteries. ie press the button in with one end of the battery before sliding the other end in.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Looks like Revenger has buttons on one end of the battery sled. If those buttons are spring loaded, perhaps just a little more care in installing/removing the batteries. ie press the button in with one end of the battery before sliding the other end in.

This -- my Sigelei Minibook was nicking my battery wraps with eve4ry insertion, and someone gave me the tip to always remove the atomizer, or loosen it almost completely off, before trying to insert the battery, and it works, no more nicked batteries. With the atty on, it pushes the 510 post down and won't "give" at all when you put the battery in... best is to just insert the battery before you put the atty on.

It's very very easy to rewrap batteries, all you need is a blow dryer to shrink the plastic. Be sure to hold the insulator ring on the positive end until the wrap is secured enough to hold the insulator in place, or it will blow right off.

Andria

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
It's very very easy to rewrap batteries, all you need is a blow dryer to shrink the plastic.

You can even carefully use an old Bic cigarette lighter to warm the plastic enough to shrink to fit the battery. Avoid heating the battery itself, hold the flame of the lighter just a bit away from the battery so you're not putting the battery directly in the flame. I've used this method with no ill effects but of course the usual standard disclaimers apply.

CactusFanaticus

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I always use the wife’s hair dryer, but turning on an electric kitchen stove burner on high and holding the battery close while rotating works as well, have used the cig lighter trick as MMM said as well in a pinch.

VU Sponsors