Become a Patron!

Hello my new family

My name is Rhonda, I'm 55 and married. I have one daughter, a son in heaven and one step son. We have a total of 5 grand daughters and one poor little gr. son. He does have a nephew to help out with all those silly girls!
My journey toward vaping has been a long and very hard on! I was told way back in 2002 ,that I had COPD! I refused to listen to the Dr. at that time. I lost my father in 2005 to COPD, then my mom in 2007 to Lung cancer and COPD! I was still smoking like "Cheif Wahhoo" , not missing a puff!
Two of our gr. daughters came to live with us in 2014. The younger one was a bullet! Getting her to listen was like fighting a bear! I started to notice my breathing getting really shallow when I would have to correct her and don't let me have to pull out the weapons, I was down, hands on knees gasping!
In October. 2015 my husband happened to be off this day. Upon trying to talk to me, he noticed something not right. He called my dearest friend to check cuz she knew me better than anyone, she confirmed my speech was a muck! They called 911. First thing the EMTs did was check my oxygen. It was so low at only 53% they kept saying their checker was broken. My husband had them check his which checked normal. Needless to say, I landed in the local ER. Because the attending ER Dr. saw a pain patch and saw on my med. list that I was and am taking other medications for chronic pain, they wrote me off as being an OD patient! No other test were even ordered! My husband tried telling them over and over I had Not taken ANY of my meds in a couple days due to feeling bad already. I stayed in the ICU 3more days. They would inject me with Norcan to counteract an overdose then an hour later hey would give me an injection of prometacol?? the drug that killed Michael Jackson. This went on every little bit my family said, as well as I have copies of everything they gave or did to me!! That Dr. even told my 12 yr. old gr. daughter "see what happens when you take pain medication, granny did this to herself!!!"
Finally, the Dr. treating me left for vacation (thank goodness) His leaving saved my life!! The Dr. Filling in on my case told my husband if he wanted me alive by evening, he had to get me to a larger hosp. with no time to waste! Once arriving in Tupelo Ms. Med center they said my eyes started getting color back and my skin was no longer bluish and clammy within just. ,45 min. I was placed in an induced coma and kept in it ,10 days. After 2 weeks I was moved up to a room for another 3.5 weeks to allow my heart and lungs to get strong enough for open heart surgery! Had my surgery on Nov. Friday 13 and came home 4 days later.
I did great until May, 2016 then I went back into respiratory failure! This time my oxygen level was in the 40% range. He put me in our car and hauled rear back to Tupelo Hosp. Back in an induced coma which I almost didn't come out of. 3 wks later I went into a nursing home for Lung rehab. Left there after another month and bought a pk of cigs! I looked in the mirror on my 55th birthday and did not know the woman I saw. I had gone from 128 lbs. all the way down to 78 lbs. That's when I threw the sticks away. Our gr. Daughter told my husband to please go get me a pk. He came back with a little ZigZag vape pen and the nastiest ejuice made I think lol!!
Almost 5months later, I am still smoke free. And most important, I'm alive to take care of these girls and all our rescue fur babies!! Prayer is strong!!

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Powerful story - and congratulations on finally getting there

Very glad to have you here :wave:

HazyShades

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My name is Rhonda, I'm 55 and married. I have one daughter, a son in heaven and one step son. We have a total of 5 grand daughters and one poor little gr. son. He does have a nephew to help out with all those silly girls!
My journey toward vaping has been a long and very hard on! I was told way back in 2002 ,that I had COPD! I refused to listen to the Dr. at that time. I lost my father in 2005 to COPD, then my mom in 2007 to Lung cancer and COPD! I was still smoking like "Cheif Wahhoo" , not missing a puff!
Two of our gr. daughters came to live with us in 2014. The younger one was a bullet! Getting her to listen was like fighting a bear! I started to notice my breathing getting really shallow when I would have to correct her and don't let me have to pull out the weapons, I was down, hands on knees gasping!
In October. 2015 my husband happened to be off this day. Upon trying to talk to me, he noticed something not right. He called my dearest friend to check cuz she knew me better than anyone, she confirmed my speech was a muck! They called 911. First thing the EMTs did was check my oxygen. It was so low at only 53% they kept saying their checker was broken. My husband had them check his which checked normal. Needless to say, I landed in the local ER. Because the attending ER Dr. saw a pain patch and saw on my med. list that I was and am taking other medications for chronic pain, they wrote me off as being an OD patient! No other test were even ordered! My husband tried telling them over and over I had Not taken ANY of my meds in a couple days due to feeling bad already. I stayed in the ICU 3more days. They would inject me with Norcan to counteract an overdose then an hour later hey would give me an injection of prometacol?? the drug that killed Michael Jackson. This went on every little bit my family said, as well as I have copies of everything they gave or did to me!! That Dr. even told my 12 yr. old gr. daughter "see what happens when you take pain medication, granny did this to herself!!!"
Finally, the Dr. treating me left for vacation (thank goodness) His leaving saved my life!! The Dr. Filling in on my case told my husband if he wanted me alive by evening, he had to get me to a larger hosp. with no time to waste! Once arriving in Tupelo Ms. Med center they said my eyes started getting color back and my skin was no longer bluish and clammy within just. ,45 min. I was placed in an induced coma and kept in it ,10 days. After 2 weeks I was moved up to a room for another 3.5 weeks to allow my heart and lungs to get strong enough for open heart surgery! Had my surgery on Nov. Friday 13 and came home 4 days later.
I did great until May, 2016 then I went back into respiratory failure! This time my oxygen level was in the 40% range. He put me in our car and hauled rear back to Tupelo Hosp. Back in an induced coma which I almost didn't come out of. 3 wks later I went into a nursing home for Lung rehab. Left there after another month and bought a pk of cigs! I looked in the mirror on my 55th birthday and did not know the woman I saw. I had gone from 128 lbs. all the way down to 78 lbs. That's when I threw the sticks away. Our gr. Daughter told my husband to please go get me a pk. He came back with a little ZigZag vape pen and the nastiest ejuice made I think lol!!
Almost 5months later, I am still smoke free. And most important, I'm alive to take care of these girls and all our rescue fur babies!! Prayer is strong!!

Welcome Rhonda!
That is some history..Make sure you print it out,
frame it and hang it where you can read it if you ever forget and get the urge to kill yerself slowly again.
Dudette, your son in heaven can wait for the reunion...

Stay strong, be healthy, and Vape On!
Regards,
Hazy :cool:

Angrygod50

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Welcome to the VU. What a story I hope going forward things improve health wise by leaps and bounds. I'd go after that first doctor and at the very least have him apologize to your grand child. What an ass.

jazzman

"I'm Old, Fat and Ugly with a crappy attitude!
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What a heart warming story of survival, Rhonda. Welcome to VU.

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Hello & welcome to VU. Great story. :)

Thank you all for the warm and loving welcome. I have already gain back up to 102.2 lbs! If I keep on at this rate I'll be a rollie pollie, I'll take it, lol!! Thanks again!

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Welcome, great story glad you found us :)

VU Sponsors