Become a Patron!

Hello new to vaping

Kingyd

Member For 1 Year
Hello vu my name is Chris and I just started vaping last month to kick cigarettes so im vaping a smok v8stick with the big baby and fav juice is Capone by sauce la. well was lol the fire button just broke on me but so far I've only smoked maybe about a pack since may 2nd which is really good on my part as I was smoking about a pack a day more if i was drinking glad I've found this site lotsl of information for a noob to start his adventure into vaping

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Welcome to VU and congrats on making the switch!!!

Sorry to hear about your issues with the mod. You’re picking it up at a great time. Prices are extremely low on hardware these days in comparison to just a few years ago. If you’re looking for a new mod to replace the stick, you’ll see a lot of sales this time of year with Memorial Day just passing and Father’s Day coming up.

Kingyd

Member For 1 Year
Thanks yeah I'm just shopping around for something of good quality with good customer service been hearing good and things about smok and haven't decided if I should buy another one of their products any suggestions

PoppaVic

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Eleaf is pretty reliable. Some swear by Smoant.

Almost anyone is more reliable than Smok. Welcome to the looney-bin.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Thanks yeah I'm just shopping around for something of good quality with good customer service been hearing good and things about smok and haven't decided if I should buy another one of their products any suggestions

Personally, I stay away from smok.
I’ve had some less than pleasant experiences with their devices. Some people swear by them, but it’s just not my thing.
My favorite mods in no particular order are:
Vaporshark dna250, lostvape, minikin v2, Hexohm and a series of mechanical Squonk mods.

Most people that start out I try to turn onto
Eleaf- great bang for buck
Modefined- it’s lost vape but a lot less expensive

What sort of money are you looking to spend?

Kingyd

Member For 1 Year
Personally, I stay away from smok.
I’ve had some less than pleasant experiences with their devices. Some people swear by them, but it’s just not my thing.
My favorite mods in no particular order are:
Vaporshark dna250, lostvape, minikin v2, Hexohm and a series of mechanical Squonk mods.

Most people that start out I try to turn onto
Eleaf- great bang for buck
Modefined- it’s lost vape but a lot less expensive

What sort of money are you looking to spend?
Looking to spend maybe up to 100 for a good mod that will last more then a month but that's when i get the extra spending money but yeah iIshould be able to buy one in about 2 to 3 weeks

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon

PoppaVic

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Looking to spend maybe up to 100
You may be able to find a DNA Evolv or Yihi mod around that price - certainly used.

I've had the Eleaf 100w (one door) and the tc100w (2-door) - and both are in my PIF kit.. That's a good 2 years of life so far and I use them as loaners when folks buy Smok and it breaks (chuckle - amusingly, she went right back to a SMok, too. Kids today!).. I also had the original Pico 75w, and that only died thru misuse after I gave it away.

The Invoke also looks tolerable. The biggie with most of these mods is: don't abuse the 510 connector.

ADDED: Yes, I hear the Minikin v2 is a great mod as well.

Kingyd

Member For 1 Year
Thank you all for the help and info not many real vape shops here where I live in wixom mi so reliable information is not easy to come by

PoppaVic

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Frankly, very few vape shops can be trusted to answer anything, let alone sell anything - other than Smok trash.

I'd recommend you search VU threads for some info, Youtubes from Vaping With Vic, The Vaping Postman, Mike Vapes, etc. Those mentioned do pretty reliable reviews, so - if you see a review or a thread - check the other (thread or review).

You can also catch some owner-comments for many things over on Fasttech - and they too can be of value.

Ordering from Fasstech or 3fVape is decent/reliable, although the former has "better" CS than the latter - both will have the lowest prices around. (Like 1/4 to 1/2 the price of a B&M).

If you find a few mods, you can certainly poll us here on VU - it's done all the time, but some threads are more sane than others.

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Welcome aboard Chris

Are you after an easy to use mod press the button and go so to speak?

Also do you want an internal battery mod
Ideally?

Kingyd

Member For 1 Year
Welcome aboard Chris

Are you after an easy to use mod press the button and go so to speak?

Also do you want an internal battery mod
Ideally?
I'd like to try something without internal batteries and I'd love to have a set up that would allow me to build coils but I'll start with the pre made before I build my own I just hate how tanks with screw in coils burn well that's been my experience with the smok coils

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
In that case If you like the smok beast vapour production I would say have a look at the Freemax Fireluke ...it comes with a really decent RBA deck for rebuilding as well as the pre made coils themselves being decent as well...it does have a bit of a disco ball look to it but it was very well received last year ...in fact so much so companies all started releasing bubble tanks soon after (was a trend setter for sure) you can probably pick it up really cheap now ...lovely flavour from it and very easy to strip down and clean

Mod wise personally I like the Aspire and Smoant chipsets a lot they cover all the bases well for affordable mods, all modes tend to work and they have intuitive menu systems not much to not to like about either of them....Smoant Ceylon and Aspire Speeder is what id choose out of thier listings (my speeder is going strong must be coming up to a year now) I have the Smoant Ranker it has the same exact chip as the Ceylon but I’d much rather use the Ceylon

A lot of folks loved the Asmodus minikin v2, never picked one up myself cause I’m not a fan of touchscreen.

Assvape have some nice mods decent wattage mode but lack in other areas

Eleaf/Joytech same company really they make nice kits as well although menu system isn’t the easiest to get to grips with also they do well with wattage modes no so much anything else

Either way dual battery is a good start where your headed with rebuilding especially if you want a bit more plumage

If you want to jump straight in and go high end you’re looking at YiHi or Evolv DNA chipsets really (lots of manufacturers uses thier chips)

probably some Hohmtechs knocking about still but the box it’s in isn’t to everyone’s taste

CrazyChef v2.0

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Thank you all for the help and info not many real vape shops here where I live in wixom mi so reliable information is not easy to come by
Hey there - welcome to VU! I spent a summer near you once in Walled Lake. Still have family there.

CrazyChef v2.0

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
It;s a great little town! My cousins are Mark and Leroy Carson, and Debbie & Ron May.

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
Hi and Welcome-
I am glad you signed on!
I use the Asmodus Minikin V2 and the Therion 75C, plus many others along with many tanks- good to have back ups- don't want cigarettes to be your back up plan!
:wave:

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon

VU Sponsors