Become a Patron!

Hello! Nice to Meet You :)

Alice in Vaporland

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
24 year smoker-turned vaper, and I couldn't be happier with the change. I can't believe I *actually* wasted so much time and money and healthy cells on those damn, stinky, disgusting tobacco sticks! Yuck! Vape to the rescue! Woohoo! I like to call it my futuristic high-tech nicotine delivery system. ;)

I had a really easy time making the swap. I'd tried to quit smoking a few times before, twice cold turkey, and once with one of the first "e-cigs" that came on the market - the nicotine-free kind that looked like a cigarette, and lit up red on the bottom when you took a hit...that combined with nicotine gum. All I got from that experience was a nasty headache, and I think I might have lasted a day before I just went back to smoking.

This time I *had* to quit though - I had oral surgery coming up to remove ALL of my teeth - long story I won't bore you with here - but suffice it to say, having that many teeth out left me a prime candidate for dry socket if ever there was one. And since I was having general anesthesia, I also wasn't going to be allowed to smoke the day before my surgery either...yeah, right...ME, the pack and a half a day smoker under tremendous stress for fear of having all my teeth ripped out NOT being allowed to get my nic-fix??? Not possible! So thank GOD my best friend turned me on to the idea of vaping about a week before the big day. I finally started doing some research on vaping-today, and couldn't believe what I was missing! So, 6 days pre-op, I hopped in the car and drove an hour and a half to the nearest vape shop... and well, the rest is history...butted out my very last "analog" just before I went in to this wild and magical shop that was to change my life for good. :)

((Just incase you're wondering, my surgical recovery has been fantastic! Not one dry socket. I opened the airflow on my Nautilus Mini to the max, and eliminated virtually all negative suction pressure from the draw. The only bad part was that it did sting a bit for the first week or so, but not badly enough to force me to give it up. If you ever end up in a similar situation, however, use your own discretion and get the best medical advice you can before making the decision to vape after oral surgery of any kind. I might have just lucked out!))

I decided to get into DIY mixing just a few short weeks after I started vaping, not just to cut the cost of my nic-habit even further (bonus!), but also for the fun and adventure of it! I love creating my own blends, and trying out recipes that catch my eye. I'm grateful for sites like this, so I thought I should finally take a moment to introduce myself, and ask how you're all doing. :)

Have a favorite recipe you'd like to share with me? Feel free! Looking forward to hangin' around.

Cheers!

~Alice

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Hi Alice! Welcome to VU :)

Just gonna tell ya, you'll love the DIY here. The recipe section is nothing short of amazing. See ya around the forums, nice to meet ya!

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi Alice, welcome to the Underground!

Oral surgery is no joke, but when they had to put me under for my wisdom teeth (3 full, 1 partial bony extraction) I was still trying to burn a heater pretty much as soon as I woke up...that did not go well. Glad you had your vape and everything is working out so far!

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Hi Alice, and welcome to VU! Glad to have you with us!

Sent from my XT1031 using Tapatalk

Alice in Vaporland

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Hi Alice! Welcome to VU :)

Just gonna tell ya, you'll love the DIY here. The recipe section is nothing short of amazing. See ya around the forums, nice to meet ya!

It's very nice to meet you too, Huckleberried! :D I totally agree on the recipe section: it blows me away!! I've tried several from here, and have yet to be disappointed. ;) I just have to remember to come on over here more often! :cool:

Alice in Vaporland

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Hi Alice, welcome to the Underground!

Oral surgery is no joke, but when they had to put me under for my wisdom teeth (3 full, 1 partial bony extraction) I was still trying to burn a heater pretty much as soon as I woke up...that did not go well. Glad you had your vape and everything is working out so far!

Hello, OBDave! Thanks for the welcome! :D

Yeah, oral surgery = UGH!! :eek: lol Thankfully the vape saved me from dreadful nic-withdrawl, even if it did sting a bit here and there. I waited for probably 8 hours post-op before I was brave enough to give it a go, and went real easy on it at first, but was back to puffin' like a train in no time. I can just imagine if I'd tried that with smoking - the hard haul - I've no doubt in my mind I'd have had a whack of dry sockets! THAT would have been horrid, especially given that I have Trigeminal Neuralgia and there'd have been a huge chance it could have triggered massive TN attacks. Eeeep! Dodged that bullet, thank God. lol

Getting better by the day in this slooooooow recovery! Might have to go back in to get some ridges sheared down, but I think that will probably be a walk in the park after those extractions. ;)

Wishing you a marvelous day!

Angrygod50

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Welcome to the VU Alice. Sounds like your well on your way down the rabbit hole. You may want to look at the DIY threads for recipes.

crookd

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hi @Alice in Vaporland, welcome to the forum! I must say your story is powerful. I must have been a die-hard smoker, as when I had all my teeth pulled, I didn't hesitate to light up right out of the office. The hardest part was that my whole mouth was still numb. I'm still a new vaper, I've only been at it a month or so. I'm still having trouble quitting the analogs completely as I still have one or two a day. So far today, just one at noon time. Yay me! I've found that I smoke more out of fear of having a nicotine fit, rather than actually having one. Good luck to you!

Alice in Vaporland

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Hi @Alice in Vaporland, welcome to the forum! I must say your story is powerful. I must have been a die-hard smoker, as when I had all my teeth pulled, I didn't hesitate to light up right out of the office. The hardest part was that my whole mouth was still numb. I'm still a new vaper, I've only been at it a month or so. I'm still having trouble quitting the analogs completely as I still have one or two a day. So far today, just one at noon time. Yay me! I've found that I smoke more out of fear of having a nicotine fit, rather than actually having one. Good luck to you!

Hi, crookd - thanks for the welcome! Man oh man, you're a brave one in my books! I was way too scared to risk ending up with dry socket, but I suppose I had an extra bit of incentive on top of that: I suffer from a rare chronic pain condition called Trigeminal Neuralgia - if you've never heard of it, in short it's characterized by sudden, unexpected facial pain *attacks* of mind-bending, drop-you-to-your-knees-and-pray-for-death proportions. Doctors actually gave it the nickname "the suicide disease" because it's been declared the worst chronic pain condition known to medicine, and unfortunately, it has led many a sufferer to commit suicide just to escape the agony. :( Lucky for me, I was diagnosed almost as soon as my symptoms first started appearing (many people go undiagnosed or misdiagnosed for years), and after a year of trial and error, we finally found a combination of medications that's been keeping me relatively symptom-free. But let me tell ya, I was terrified that the surgery was going to rile up the trigeminal nerve and I'd wake up in a world of hurt, or that I'd end up with dry socket triggering the mother of all TN attacks (yup, sometimes my imagination gets the better of me, making me worry about worst case scenarios!), so I wanted to play it as safe as possible. AND, naturally, I was also getting really tired of always being broke thanks to the high cost of analogs, and the whole smoking-thing...well...I was just sick and tired of being a slave to it, you know?

It was mid-afternoon when I first started vaping, and I had over an hour drive back home from the vape shop. Driving has always been one of my biggest light-up triggers with analogs, so I was kind of nervous about how to get home without having a nic-fit - but every time the urge hit to have a cig, I just hauled on my vape like a fiend, and much to my amazement, it worked! Same thing when I got home and made myself a coffee, but again, I just vaped and vaped until the craving passed. I was SUPER worried about the following morning: my first wake-up without a cigarette...I was almost positive I wouldn't be able to do it...but again, I just puffed and puffed on the vape until I felt the nicotine rush hit me, and voila! No more urge to light a smoke. And that's just how I handled every craving, until eventually, the cravings came no more. :D

I was very careful not to tell myself I was "quitting" smoking - I told myself I was upgrading to a futuristic, high-tech, state-of-the-art nicotine delivery system. ((I can be such a geek at times! LOL)) Well, I guess I bought the story I was selling myself, 'cause the last analog I had was the one I butted out on the curb in front of the vape shop on a cool November's afternoon. I'm sure you'll be able to get to that point too, crookd - trust me, if I can quit, anyone can quit! That's what all my still-smoking friends say: that if *I*, of all people, can do it, anyone can. ;) Wishing you all the best on your journey to freedom - you can do it! :D

Alice in Vaporland

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Hi Alice, Welcome to V/U congrats on your quit. Glad to meet you, welcome to the family!:cool::cool:

Hey, Jimi! Thanks very much - I'm soooooo glad to be here! This is definitely a family I'm more than happy to be a part of. :D;)

Alice in Vaporland

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Welcome to the VU Alice. Sounds like your well on your way down the rabbit hole. You may want to look at the DIY threads for recipes.

Thanks, Angrygod50! Yep, happily tumbling down the rabbit hole at warp speed. lol I've been finding some awesome recipes on here - don't know what I would have done without these awesome threads - well, actually, I do know: I'd probably be vaping really really terrible DIY juice, or super duper expensive vendor juice. lol ;)

ayersbj

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi, ayersbj! Thanks for the welcome.:D So far I'm absolutely loving VU - I look forward to sticking around for along time. ;)
Glad your enjoying yourself. If your into it might wanna check out the vaping channel. Its the vu live link at the top. Have some good talks on there as well as chances to win things.

Alice in Vaporland

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Glad your enjoying yourself. If your into it might wanna check out the vaping channel. Its the vu live link at the top. Have some good talks on there as well as chances to win things.

Thanks, will do! I'm quickly becoming rather obsessed with vaping, especially mixing. I've found a few other resources out there that break down the flavor profiles of each flavor concentrate, and when I first stumbled across them, I felt like I'd found the Holy Grail. LOL I'm aspiring to be a world-class *Mix~Master* someday! :D We'll see.....lol

So far I've found that VU is THE place to find the yummiest recipes, and the friendliest vapers on Earth. ;)

ayersbj

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Glad your getting into it. HIC's has some awesome recipes here. Saw you like the strawberry custard. Try out his strawberry milkshake. mmmm.mmm.mm.. only been mixing for a month or so myself but enjoying it. Problem is got so much store bought that I am trying to go through first. Dang hobby obsessions lol.

Skullzz

Blonde disaster
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Hello and welcome Alice! I am not a DIY juice person, but I can suggest a good juice from BlvckListed called Blind Eye....if you like fruit flavors it's awesome. It is Raspberry and watermelon followed by citrus and it rocks my world every day....love it!

Alice in Vaporland

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Glad your getting into it. HIC's has some awesome recipes here. Saw you like the strawberry custard. Try out his strawberry milkshake. mmmm.mmm.mm.. only been mixing for a month or so myself but enjoying it. Problem is got so much store bought that I am trying to go through first. Dang hobby obsessions lol.

oh and strawberry is my favorite so may be a little prejudiced there lol.

Ohhhh yes, VERY into it! Dang hobby obsessions is right! lol I have over 50-10 ml bottles of various flavorings already! And it dawned on me earlier today: what am I gonna do with all this flavoring? It needs to be used up or tossed out after a year, right? I might be in trouble! lol I'd hate to see any of it go to waste, but there's nooooo way I'll be able to vape it all on my own. I'll have to find out who else vapes in my teeny town, and offer to be their juice maker, if they so happen to like my blends, and aren't already doing their own mixing. lol

I have a few, well maybe about a dozen store bought vapes too, but I've been pretty content to just let them sit in my cupboard. I've given a few away to my daughter, and I'll probably give her the rest too. The only super-pricey ones I have are World's Best Custard's Valencia Fog, and Space Jam's Venus. After I started mixing my own, I just didn't care for the taste of store bought anymore. Mind you, I haven't tried the Venus again since my DIY adventure began, so I might give it another shot, and clone it if I decide I like it enough, but I doubt I will, as I *too* am a HUGE strawberry fan! All of my favorite recipes contain strawberry, except the Moon Sugar clone I make (which I love love love love LOVE), and you know what? I betcha I *could* make a Strawberry Moon Sugar! **giggling excitedly at the idea** LOL

I'm going to have to try HIC's Strawberry Milkshake - I bet it's awesome! His recipes never ever let me down. Hear that @HeadInClouds ? We're singing your praises! Thank you for all you do for us and share with us! If you ever want an apprentice, let me know. ;)

Alice in Vaporland

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Hello and welcome Alice! I am not a DIY juice person, but I can suggest a good juice from BlvckListed called Blind Eye....if you like fruit flavors it's awesome. It is Raspberry and watermelon followed by citrus and it rocks my world every day....love it!

Heya, Skullz! Thanks for the welcome! :D Blind Eye sounds really yummy! Thank you so very much for the suggestion - I'm always on the look out for new flavors to try, and especially love it when they come taste-tested and approved. ;)

Toodles for now, and happy vaping! :)

Alice in Vaporland

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I am so glad you found vaping and DIY - big congratulations on your switch!

Thanks, HIC! I'm so very glad too. :D I have much to thank you for - your recipes and notes have kept me inspired and on the right path. ;) Keep up the great work! ((HUGE HUGS OF GRATITUDE)) lol

Manimal3497

Manimalizer
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Welcome-Dragon.gif

pescadore

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Welcome to VU !! Glad you are enjoying DIY as much as I do. So fun to create something good that is a change from the regular Strawberry Banana thats my EDV.

Manimal3497

Manimalizer
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Thanks, Manimal, for the awesome welcome! ...I loooooove dragons! (have one tattooed on my shin) :D
Me to I have one tattooed on my back, two along my leg (i got a huge hamhock and its full sleeve its big lol) and two around my wrist as a bracelet. Its a celtic know bracelet. Their bodies make up the knotting and there is a dragon on each end of it. The ones on my leg are two dragons coming up out of the water to battle each other and the one on my back is a big purple dragon(purple is my favorite color) and it has a yin/yang symbol with a monkey on one and an ox on the other (my boys are monkey and ox and ironically enough if you delve further one is a yin and the other a yang of their symbol lol) My whole house is covered in dragons and I have a couple decorating my desk at work to. Totally love dragons and I am the dragon on the chinese zodiac :)

Alice in Vaporland

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Welcome to VU !! Glad you are enjoying DIY as much as I do. So fun to create something good that is a change from the regular Strawberry Banana thats my EDV.

Thanks, pescadore! I really am enjoying it, so so much! It's not just an excellent way to kick the "evil-weed" (tobaccooooooo), but an incredibly rewarding hobby as well. I'm over the moon that I can get my nic-fix in a much more delicious and affordable format! If I had known that vaping could be so pleasurable vs smoking, I'd have joined you all years ago. I'm elated to be here now though, and that's what counts. ;)

Today I'm enjoying a wonderful strawberry custard, and I have my beloved Moon Sugar clone in another atty - yup, I'm running TWO! Both are Nautilus Minis on eLeaf's iSticks 30W - love them! I have two because hubby didn't take to vaping near as well as I did, which is a shame, but c'est la vie I suppose; when he's ready, and not a moment before. And, well, you know... I couldn't see an atty go to waste, so naturally, I'm keeping it company! :D

Alice in Vaporland

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Me to I have one tattooed on my back, two along my leg (i got a huge hamhock and its full sleeve its big lol) and two around my wrist as a bracelet. Its a celtic know bracelet. Their bodies make up the knotting and there is a dragon on each end of it. The ones on my leg are two dragons coming up out of the water to battle each other and the one on my back is a big purple dragon(purple is my favorite color) and it has a yin/yang symbol with a monkey on one and an ox on the other (my boys are monkey and ox and ironically enough if you delve further one is a yin and the other a yang of their symbol lol) My whole house is covered in dragons and I have a couple decorating my desk at work to. Totally love dragons and I am the dragon on the chinese zodiac :)

Too cool! I'm Ox Outside the Gate in the Chinese zodiac. *Apparently* patient - .......not when it comes to waiting for juice to steep though. ;) Then I'm more like: :gaah:LOL Sorry - loving these new emoticons. What can I say - I'm easily amused. :stars:

Your ink sounds amazing, I must say. I have to get mine touched up/finished. The dragon is newly hatched from a broken egg shell on my ankle (ouch!!!), and is being offered a bunch of grapes from a fairy that's sitting on a flower in a little garden-type scene with what's not so much a tree as an illusion of a tree, if you know what I mean (just filled in in bits and pieces here and there), with fairy dust and all that good stuff. I also have a Celtic version of Stone Henge on my right shoulder blade. Haven't been under the gun in 18 years though! Time to go back soon, methinks. ;)

VU Sponsors