Become a Patron!

Hello, returned to vaping.

change2vape

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hello all! Roughly three years ago, I had a MVP v.2 for several months. Due to leaking tanks & the mediocre mod I ended up going back to smoking. Just didn't seem worth the trouble at the time and I found a cheap source of tobacco. About a month ago started looking into vaping equipment again. I ended up getting the Wismec Predator 228 kit. I've been extremely pleased, but unfortunately today I broke the Elabo tank glass section. Since the Preditor & Elabo is all I have, I'm going to have to return to smoking until the replacement glass I just ordered arrives. Bummed!

Sent from my KFGIWI using Tapatalk

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Sorry about your crappy luck.

Like Whiskey said, have a spare kit.

And IMHO, a spare for your spare!

Angrygod50

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Welcome to the VU. Most of us have back ups to our back ups. But we've fallen down the rabbit hole.:) Bummer about the tank.:(

geoffd

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi and welcome. Agree on the backups. The last thing I want is to return to smoking so I'm well backed up.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi and welcome. Agree on the backups. The last thing I want is to return to smoking so I'm well backed up.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Get backups for your backups.
I still got my old Volcano Inferno kit & some cartomizers and 2 carto-tanks for extreme emergencies.I test the Inferno's every now and then just to make sure they still are working.

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Welcome to the underground :cheers:

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Backups for your backup's backup. Otherwise, if something breaks, you've just provided yourself with a dandy excuse for returning to smoking. There's ALWAYS an excuse... but never ever a good reason.

This includes ejuice, too -- backups for your backup's backup. Unless you're just going thru the motions to please someone else, and don't really intend to make the switch.

Andria

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Hello all! Roughly three years ago, I had a MVP v.2 for several months. Due to leaking tanks & the mediocre mod I ended up going back to smoking. Just didn't seem worth the trouble at the time and I found a cheap source of tobacco. About a month ago started looking into vaping equipment again. I ended up getting the Wismec Predator 228 kit. I've been extremely pleased, but unfortunately today I broke the Elabo tank glass section. Since the Preditor & Elabo is all I have, I'm going to have to return to smoking until the replacement glass I just ordered arrives. Bummed!

Welcome :wave:

I hope you took that money you were gonna spend on tobacco and just bought a second atomizer instead

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
This illustrates the very best reason not to use a glass atomizer -- they break much too easily! Go with a full metal RDA, and never have to worry about breaking glass again!

Andria

change2vape

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Backups for your backup's backup. Otherwise, if something breaks, you've just provided yourself with a dandy excuse for returning to smoking. There's ALWAYS an excuse... but never ever a good reason.

This includes ejuice, too -- backups for your backup's backup. Unless you're just going thru the motions to please someone else, and don't really intend to make the switch.

Andria
I've recently moved to middle of nowhere Colorado. The closest town of any size is 60 miles away, and it only has an over priced tinny smoke shop. So, to get anything decent I have no choice to order online. Even "overnight shipping" takes two to 3 days, due to the location. So, unless I'm gonna go nuts without nic, I don't have a lot of choice.

Anyway, still waiting on the replacement, it's in or in transition from San Francisco. I will get backups when I can (living here doesn't help bring in the funds for stuff like this).

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I've recently moved to middle of nowhere Colorado. The closest town of any size is 60 miles away, and it only has an over priced tinny smoke shop. So, to get anything decent I have no choice to order online. Even "overnight shipping" takes two to 3 days, due to the location. So, unless I'm gonna go nuts without nic, I don't have a lot of choice.

Anyway, still waiting on the replacement, it's in or in transition from San Francisco. I will get backups when I can (living here doesn't help bring in the funds for stuff like this).

Yeah, I live 300 miles from the nearest vape shop and can relate big time

I'd really make saving up for back up gear a priority

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

There's a lot of shops around me, but pay retail for vape gear??? NOT ON YOUR LIFE!!!!!!!! I didn't win the lottery! :D Every bit of hardware I've got, other than driptips, I've bought online. I'll buy driptips in shops despite being overpriced, because we're talking $4-$5 rather than 99 cents... instead of $100-$150 rather than $30-$50.

So, a lack of shops is not a good reason for not having sufficient hardware. I get that getting started or even started again can be raggedy, helter skelter, but that just means, BUY LOTS! If you stick with 50w-ish (or less) mods, they really aren't that costly. And seriously... glass????? That's just ASKING for trouble! Not only is it heavy as hell, making the mod top-heavy and easy to knock over, but if you look at it sideways, it breaks. If you're determined to use glass rather than metal, then you need 5-10 replacements at all times, because... THEY BREAK REALLY EASILY!!!!!!!!!!

If you really want to vape instead of smoke, then you have to provide the means to always be able to find something to vape, no matter what -- because cigarettes are really easy to find! You gotta make it easier to vape, than to run out to the store to grab a pk of smokes. Backups for your backup's backup. Because the cigarette addiction will ALWAYS oblige you with an excuse to smoke, and the universe is going to test you: "Do you really mean it? Let's just see, shall we?"

Andria

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This illustrates the very best reason not to use a glass atomizer -- they break much too easily! Go with a full metal RDA, and never have to worry about breaking glass again!

Andria
You know what is weird I mostly use glass sub-ohm tanks.Just about every 1 I've ever purchased has come with a spare tank.In 3+ years of vaping I've only had 1 tank break.And it was totally my fault, can't even blame the cat!
I had over tightened it and in my haste to get things going I used a multipurpose jar/bottle opener.

multi-purpose-jar-bottle-opener-973-p.jpg

Yep...You can guess what happened next.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
You know what is weird I mostly use glass sub-ohm tanks.Just about every 1 I've ever purchased has come with a spare tank.In 3+ years of vaping I've only had 1 tank break.And it was totally my fault, can't even blame the cat!
I had over tightened it and in my haste to get things going I used a multipurpose jar/bottle opener.

multi-purpose-jar-bottle-opener-973-p.jpg

Yep...You can guess what happened next.

I did something very similar to a glass tank, using pliers. Which is one reason I stuck with a) the plastic tanks of Kayfuns, or b) metal RDAs -- preferably the latter; it's hard to break titanium. ;)

Andria

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I did something very similar to a glass tank, using pliers. Which is one reason I stuck with a) the plastic tanks of Kayfuns, or b) metal RDAs -- preferably the latter; it's hard to break titanium. ;)

Andria
Yeah but metal tanks make it impossible see how much e-liquid you got left.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Yeah but metal tanks make it impossible see how much e-liquid you got left.

And at first, that seems horrifying... but you get used to it, and learn to taste when it needs more, before it goes completely dry. I can't even really describe how the taste changes, but it does, when the wick is no longer quite as soaked as it ought to be, and you learn to interpret that difference.

Or maybe I'm able to experience the nearness of a dry hit before I actually get one, because I vape at such low wattage.

Andria

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
And at first, that seems horrifying... but you get used to it, and learn to taste when it needs more, before it goes completely dry. I can't even really describe how the taste changes, but it does, when the wick is no longer quite as soaked as it ought to be, and you learn to interpret that difference.

Or maybe I'm able to experience the nearness of a dry hit before I actually get one, because I vape at such low wattage.

Andria
Just goes to show you how different vaping styles can be even amongst good friends.

fraleywp

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have yet to break a glass while in use. I have only broken glass when cleaning and only once.

change2vape

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Well, finally got the replacement glass sections today. Fyi, if anyone orders replacement glass from Best Vape, for the price (most often $9) you get five replacements not just one. But they do ship from China, so shipping times aren't exactly speedy.

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well, finally got the replacement glass sections today. Fyi, if anyone orders replacement glass from Best Vape, for the price (most often $9) you get five replacements not just one. But they do ship from China, so shipping times aren't exactly speedy.

How's the quality of the glass?

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
Hi and welcome- sorry to read about your tank and that cigarettes are your back up plan. Many online vendors have Big sales coming up for Memorial Day maybe a good time to stock up on some spare tanks, coils and eliquids.
Quitting cigarettes is hard- and after being able to quit my 30+ year love affair with cigarettes, I make sure that even my vape gear back ups have back ups! I purchase most on some great sales and much cheaper than a pack of cigarettes.
Best of Luck to you!
<3

VU Sponsors