Become a Patron!

Hello vaping friends ! I am Sewlady and am darn happy to be here!

Sewlady

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I was smoking a pack of cigs a day and just got sick of coughing my head off and panting like a dog with any physical exertion. One year later, I feel much better. So now I want to move up to better vaping equipment and learn something from this site. I am not sure if this is the right place to post this but I bought a Eleaf iStick from a local shop and it has been working fine until last night the battery went dead and while charging the led screen showed that it was charging so I tried taking a puff and nothing. So I unplugged it and a black screen. While plugged in I can push the up and down buttons and the numbers count up and down. It's crazy, everything seems fine while plugged in until you push the fire button and nothing happens. Help!!

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Have you charged the battery fully?

Welcome to VU........

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Welcome to VU!

If you're lookin' to upgrade, eventually, eLeaf also makes the Pico mod. Wonderful little bugger. I had issues with my istick, too. One ran too hot, one work some of the time. They started out pretty great, but they ran their course.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Welcome to VU :wave:

Is there a chance it is turned off? You may want to try clicking it three times to make sure it is "on"

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
And WELCOME from me as well:vino:

Sewlady

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

Welcome to VU........
I was smoking a pack of cigs a day and just got sick of coughing my head off and panting like a dog with any physical exertion. One year later, I feel much better. So now I want to move up to better vaping equipment and learn something from this site. I am not sure if this is the right place to post this but I bought a Eleaf iStick from a local shop and it has been working fine until last night the battery went dead and while charging the led screen showed that it was charging so I tried taking a puff and nothing. So I unplugged it and a black screen. While plugged in I can push the up and down buttons and the numbers count up and down. It's crazy, everything seems fine while plugged in until you push the fire button and nothing happens. Help!!

Sewlady

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thank you all for your warm welcome and advice with my iStick. I can already tell I am at the right place to learn alot about vaping!

Welcome to VU........
Yes I have and I since it did not come with a wall plug I used what I had around the house and I wonder if that is the problem> I have them for apple products, and for my Samsung Galaxy s6 and a couple for mu Roku devices (which I highly recommend). So They all put out different amps so could I have screwed it up charging it up with one of the faster chargers. the strange thing is while its on charge the display works fine it shows the little battery flashing, the up and down vw buttons work but the battery doesn"t charge and you can't get a puff. Its way over my pay grade!lol

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer

Sewlady

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I bought a Reuleaux RX mini yesterday and so far I am liking it but I need a better tank. right now I am using my old one an Aspire nautilus with the bvc coil. Any recommendations would be appreciated. When I saw the online price I cringed, no more buying at the overcharging local store.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Thank you all for your warm welcome and advice with my iStick. I can already tell I am at the right place to learn alot about vaping!

Yes I have and I since it did not come with a wall plug I used what I had around the house and I wonder if that is the problem> I have them for apple products, and for my Samsung Galaxy s6 and a couple for mu Roku devices (which I highly recommend). So They all put out different amps so could I have screwed it up charging it up with one of the faster chargers. the strange thing is while its on charge the display works fine it shows the little battery flashing, the up and down vw buttons work but the battery doesn"t charge and you can't get a puff. Its way over my pay grade!lol
You can't use the fast charge cables, you'll need to find the charging cable designed for the mod.

Sewlady

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thanks but I wish they would include a charger that is foe the battery you buy. I am no electrician and I have a dozen chargers all with different ratings, so does the included cable reduce the chargers output to safely charge the battery the cable comes with? I am only asking bebcause I might then have fried a brand new eleaf iStick useing the wrong charger.

Sewlady

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Tried please see inspects post and my reply.
on the
Thanks but I wish they would include a charger that is foe the battery you buy. I am no electrician and I have a dozen chargers all with different ratings, so does the included cable reduce the chargers output to safely charge the battery the cable comes with? I am only asking bebcause I might then have fried a brand new eleaf iStick useing the wrong charger.
Hey Ra! on my Reuleaux RX mini It actually says input voltage wattageDC 5V !

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I bought a Reuleaux RX mini yesterday and so far I am liking it but I need a better tank. right now I am using my old one an Aspire nautilus with the bvc coil. Any recommendations would be appreciated. When I saw the online price I cringed, no more buying at the overcharging local store.
If mouth to lung is your style of vaping its going to be hard to beat the Nautilus you already have as far as taste quality is concerned..there may be a few good Mouth to Lung (MTL) tanks out but the nautilus is still considered a winner as far as those type of tanks are concerned.

What are you looking for as far as different is concerned?..More vapor?..more air?

Sewlady

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
My main reason for changing would be to avoid having to replace coils every 2 weeks. I like the idea of rebuildable tanks and replacing cotton.I ordered an OBS Engine RTA tank just to see how I like that. I figure the only way to know if your going to like something is to try it out.

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
Hi Sewlady and welcome- Might be a good idea to have a couple of devices as back ups.There are usually big sales coming up for Memorial Day, might be a great time to get a back up or 2. The Pico is a really nice device. External 18650 battery mods are really nice, and usually you wouldn't have to replace the whole mod when the battery dies, 18650 batteries are not expensive, look on this forum for the best batteries, but should also purchase a battery charger too- again not expensive.
I have the OBS Engine mini- its ok- I use the Demon Killer Coils with it- many different coils to try out,https://www.centralvapors.com/demon-killer-coils-48-pcs-8-types-of-prebuilt-coils/
There are many You Tube demonstrations of this tank, sometimes easier to see how to use it and wick it.
I also like the Tobeco Super tank mini- vapes great and the coils are cheap like $8.00 a 5pack, I like the Tobeco coils .5Ω -also will use the Aspire Atlantis and Triton Coils.

Sewlady

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hi Sewlady and welcome- Might be a good idea to have a couple of devices as back ups.There are usually big sales coming up for Memorial Day, might be a great time to get a back up or 2. The Pico is a really nice device. External 18650 battery mods are really nice, and usually you wouldn't have to replace the whole mod when the battery dies, 18650 batteries are not expensive, look on this forum for the best batteries, but should also purchase a battery charger too- again not expensive.
I have the OBS Engine mini- its ok- I use the Demon Killer Coils with it- many different coils to try out,https://www.centralvapors.com/demon-killer-coils-48-pcs-8-types-of-prebuilt-coils/
There are many You Tube demonstrations of this tank, sometimes easier to see how to use it and wick it.
I also like the Tobeco Super tank mini- vapes great and the coils are cheap like $8.00 a 5pack, I like the Tobeco coils .5Ω -also will use the Aspire Atlantis and Triton Coils.
Thank you for the advice, I surely appreciate it. I still have my Aspire Nautilus which is okay for a backup. There are several I like. I will probably go crazy and buy several before its all done. Isn't that the way it normally goes.:) I have also noticed they offer 2 different coils with different ratings, maybe I should try the one with higher resistance? They only offer the one it comes with in town here in Little Egypt.

Last edited:

Sewlady

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
If mouth to lung is your style of vaping its going to be hard to beat the Nautilus you already have as far as taste quality is concerned..there may be a few good Mouth to Lung (MTL) tanks out but the nautilus is still considered a winner as far as those type of tanks are concerned.

What are you looking for as far as different is concerned?..More vapor?..more air?
I have to ask isn"t mouth to lung the norm, how else would you get vapor into your system? Like I said I am a newbie.

Rickajho

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee

If it's using a USB power supply, these days that's largely irrelevant. It would be rare to find a device in the market at this point that isn't smart USB.

First, no matter what the device it is only gong to draw the maximum current it needs to either power the device or charge it. You can't "over power" and damage a USB thing by using a high amp power supply.

Second, if it has a smart charging circuit it reads the voltage of the USB power supply and adjusts the current it will draw from the supply accordingly. This prevents damage to both a low current power supply - lower than the device would like - and the device itself. It will still charge with a low current power supply - it will just take longer.

It just sounds like you got a defect in the iStick. Poop happens. You should check with the place you got it from about a warranty replacement.

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
Thank you for the advice, I surely appreciate it. I still have my Aspire Nautilus which is okay for a backup. There are several I like. I will probably go crazy and buy several before its all done. Isn't that the way it normally goes.:) I have also noticed they offer 2 different coils with different ratings, maybe I should try the one with higher resistance? They only offer the one it comes with in town here in Little Egypt.
Aspire Nautilus will be a good back up tank- but like your mod, it is better to have a few tanks, just in case, or at least some spare glass. The Tobeco Super Tank mini is not expensive- usually under $15.00- it can also use many different coils- nice tank!
On the side of the coils, I believe that the wattage rating is listed- use the ones that you are vaping at that wattage- beginners usually like 1.0 - 1.6, 1.8Ω

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I have to ask isn"t mouth to lung the norm, how else would you get vapor into your system? Like I said I am a newbie.
Its in relation to how hard it is to take a draw from the tank..Some are very restrictive (MTL)which is more less drawing in vape to your mouth then inhaling much like with a cigarette..Then you have a Direct lung hit which is inhaling directly into your lungs..We have 3 terms referring to how airy a tank is.

MTL (mouth to lung) very little air draw..good for low power
DLH (direct lung hit) Alot of air flow, works best with higher power
RLH (restricted lung hit).moderate air flow..a middle ground.

Last edited:

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Hi @Sewlady !

Good advice from some pros already!

My sister is a devout MTL. For that, you don't need 18650 battery mods. Unless of course you buy a iStick Pico. I believe we all have one becuase it's dependable, single 18650 battery and can go from MTL to DL when you're ready. Try the Target Mini with a Nautilus X on top. Also, the Kangertech Aerotank is a big hit with my sister and my friend I gave them for Christmas with the COV MiniVolt.

If you're past MTL vaping, you have a lot to explore and an abundance of information here as well as advice in the appropriate forum.

Welcome and Vape On!

Sewlady

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Its in relation to how hard it is to take a draw from the tank..Some are very restrictive (MTL)which is more less drawing in vape to your mouth then inhaling much like with a cigarette..Then you have a Direct lung hit which is inhaling directly into your lungs..We have 3 terms referring to how airy a tank is.

MTL (mouth to lung) very little air draw..good for low power
DLH (direct lung hit) Alot of air flow, works best with higher power
RLH (restricted lung hit).moderate air flow..a middle ground.
Well I have never heard of those terms before. I am so happy to be on this forum, I am learning so much! I hate having suck on the thing like I am slurping up a milkshake! Thanks SnapDragon I will take your (and others) advice and check out the Memorial Day Sales.

d

Sewlady

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hi @Sewlady !

Good advice from some pros already!

My sister is a devout MTL. For that, you don't need 18650 battery mods. Unless of course you buy a iStick Pico. I believe we all have one becuase it's dependable, single 18650 battery and can go from MTL to DL when you're ready. Try the Target Mini with a Nautilus X on top. Also, the Kangertech Aerotank is a big hit with my sister and my friend I gave them for Christmas with the COV MiniVolt.

If you're past MTL vaping, you have a lot to explore and an abundance of information here as well as advice in the appropriate forum.

Welcome and Vape On!
Thanks Ms. Trixy!

Sewlady

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
If it's using a USB power supply, these days that's largely irrelevant. It would be rare to find a device in the market at this point that isn't smart USB.

First, no matter what the device it is only gong to draw the maximum current it needs to either power the device or charge it. You can't "over power" and damage a USB thing by using a high amp power supply.

Second, if it has a smart charging circuit it reads the voltage of the USB power supply and adjusts the current it will draw from the supply accordingly. This prevents damage to both a low current power supply - lower than the device would like - and the device itself. It will still charge with a low current power supply - it will just take longer.

It just sounds like you got a defect in the iStick. Poop happens. You should check with the place you got it from about a warranty replacement.
That is some very good advice, and I have checked at the local store for warranty but they do not warranty any of the products they sell and that is why I am goin to switch to online shopping. Normally I like to keep my business local and I have been a loyal customer and will probably will buy my juice there but I spent alot of money there and felt a little burn when they said no warranty especially when that is the only time I have asked.

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
How long did you have your iStick?- Most places have no warranty after 30 days (even online) check the stores warranty info before ordering. Sometimes these are such cheap devices, under $40.00. The shop doesn't know if you dropped it, if your tank leaked into it, how you plug and unplug the USB or that you used the included USB plug that came with your kit, that is why you should always have spares and a good time is during big sales like Memorial Day and the 4th of July.
I buy asMODus - in the USA and will do repair work. The Minikin V1.5 and the Minikin V2 are very nice mods! I also have the Silvanusa- 70w Stabwood.
http://vapingunderground.com/threads/vendors-that-ship-from-usa.266680/
This is a great vendor list for online orders!

Last edited:

VU Sponsors