Become a Patron!

Hello

Hello VU!

I'm an off an on-er. I used to smoke only when I drank. Then I started smoking at work to socialize. I remember having a Joye 510 back when all e-cig stuff came from China (almost a decade ago) I guess that's only kind of changed. Now I work a job with 12 hours shifts and nicotine and caffeine are friends of mine. I can smoke a half a cigarette and be good with that for a few hours, so I don't smoke heavily or outside of work much.

I joined up here to do some research. Cigs make me feel gross sometimes and some of my co-workers vape. Actually most of them do, but they're all kitted out with 3x18650 mods and I don't think I need that. Their advice comes as absolutes and I feel like I'm the type of person who is the exception. I'm curious to how different vaping 0mg compares to 3mg and 6 mg. I'm thinking about ordering a Smok stick V8 or an Smok Alien AL85. Hopefully I can contribute to the community as well. Thanks for reading and if you have any advice on the stick/Smok devices, I'm all ears!

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Welcome to VU and glad you joined :wave:

Your first mod and attie should be something that won't frustrate you - so it depends on how techie you want to get and how much you want to spend :)

Types of battery matter also - some rules are absolute - but vaping is so customizable it isn't funny

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'm thinking about ordering a Smok stick V8 or an Smok Alien AL85. Hopefully I can contribute to the community as well. Thanks for reading and if you have any advice on the stick/Smok devices, I'm all ears!

Those are decent devices, haven't heard any complaints.

Regarding the nicotine, that is something you'll have to experiment with, some like 3 mg, others 6-24 mg. I use 6-12 mg in just about every device made. I need more nic than others to stay off the smokes.

Rickajho

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Welcome! :wave:

Don't let anyone try to boss you into the "right" vape gear. What is right for anyone is a personal choice - and that's the beauty of vaping - we do have a lot of options to choose from.

The V8 uses sub ohm coils so - should get plenty of vapor with that one. You wouldn't want to go above 6 mg/ml liquids with that setup. The more vapor your gear generates the more nic you are going to take in from all that vapor. Keep in mind that this isn't smoking - you really aren't looking to get an instant cigarette buzz here. It just doesn't work the same as smoking.

So 0, 3 or 6 mg? That's part of the process everyone has to figure out - what will be the right nic level for you. If you got both 6 mg and 0 mg of the same flavor you can always mix the two to find a lower nic level that's right for you.

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Welcome ...you'll get plenty of opinions here lol :cheers:

Thank you all for the warm welcome! I'm thinking that my biggest downfall is desire is for variety. The Smok stick and Alien 85 both come with baby beast tanks. Are there any inexpensive tanks/coil combos you would recommend? Seems like most coils are about $2.5/ea. I want to eventually go RBTA, but inexpensive consumables would be great as well! I see myself switching tanks to change up flavors rather than pulling and restocking cotton.

Breazy_Com

Excellence In Service
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If your going to take the plunge make sure you get good batteries and probably a separate charger. A lot of mods now can be USB charged but sometimes it hurts the mod in the long run. SMOK is very popular and the SMOK Alien seems to be a fan favorite. Won mod of the year last year. Talk to your friends that vape also and solicit the opinions here in the community. Do what works for you and is best for you and you budget. Good luck. Have to go do some work now lol.

If your going to take the plunge make sure you get good batteries and probably a separate charger. A lot of mods now can be USB charged but sometimes it hurts the mod in the long run. SMOK is very popular and the SMOK Alien seems to be a fan favorite. Won mod of the year last year. Talk to your friends that vape also and solicit the opinions here in the community. Do what works for you and is best for you and you budget. Good luck. Have to go do some work now lol.

Thanks for the advice. I've ordered an Xtar charger from amazon and some LG HG2s from mtnelectronics. I don't plan on charging w/ passthru unless it's the only option (I.e. the stick) for the reasons you've mentioned. I've also ordered some 0mg and 3mg juices to try and figure out my comfort level. Thanks for taking time to reply to my post and I hope your work is over quickly so you can enjoy some of your Sunday. :bliss:

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
Hi and welcome! Glad you signed up! You will find good info on the forum! You are off to a good start, do what is best for you!

Angrygod50

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Welcome to the VU. The AL85 with the Baby Beast is a good setup. I don't have the mod but I have 3 Baby beast tanks.
The full size Alien gets a lot of love so no reason the AL85 won't ether. The other option I'd recommend is the Eleaf Pico with the Baby Beast tank.

VU Sponsors