Become a Patron!

Help a newbie out on his first setup

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just like a few said. And what I tell people I know. Just get a i stick 30 or 50 watt and a kanger mini. Can't go wrong with a beginner setup like that.
Lots of ways to go wrong with an iStick, most involving sticky/wonky fire buttons and literal fire that burns houses down. I'm not happy with mine at all, but determined to get my $40 worth out of it...

twisted

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I got the 30 and it worked grear I know a few other people personally that like them with no problems. I did hear they had a couple problems. But with anything mass produced there's bound to be some problems. There's alot of mods I have seen having problems. I just saw a ipv4 that blew up.

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I got the 30 and it worked grear I know a few other people personally that like them with no problems. I did hear they had a couple problems. But with anything mass produced there's bound to be some problems. There's alot of mods I have seen having problems. I just saw a ipv4 that blew up.
True that problems are possible with anything, and with the 30 you're probably in a better place. I have the 50 and, like many, many others, I'm having fire button problems - I've seen so many reports of QC fails that I have a hard time continuing to recommend them as a first device.

twisted

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I haven't tried the 50 yet but heard there was some problems. But the 30 never failed me in any way

Saddletramp1200

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I howl @ the Moon, yell & breathe. Breathing is pretty important. When you can't you will know why.Ahh, Look Lassie wanting me to throw the ball. Look, Elvira inviting me to her 59 T- Bird. What shall I do?

Het

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have an istick 20, 30, and 50. Never a single problem with any of them. A charge lasts forever on all of them, and they're very comfortable in the hand.

Count Vapula

Member For 4 Years
If you're just going to vape 0mg for fun once in a while, an iStick 30 and Subtank should be all you'l ever need.

If you're not already a smoker, please don't become one and please don't use any juice with nicotine in it - it's more likely to get you sick than give you any kind of "buzz."

Solid advice. 30w will never cap out on .5 ohm builds. iStick is solid, small and fits in the hand great! Friend got a 50w iStick and has had some major issues

Fasttech has forums where you can see the issues, new versions, etc and get a feel for how well engineered a box is. Some require feedback and redesign to get it right. Also a cheap store there, if you have time to wait for shipping.

petey twofinger

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
i just did a review for the eleaf istick 30 , i own a 50 for a while but i have to admit i actually prefer the 30 for its size / ergonimics as i typically do not operate over 12 watts yet ...

the k box aint too shabby but the fact that you need a separate battery and then a dedicated purchase separate charger may not be so intuitive , i much prefer the isticks but the kbox aint no slouch , its just that whole " not that adjustable" thing , the threading on the bat cap , the 30 is absolutely perfect imo . specially pairing it up with a mini nautilus , i wish i would have had this rig to start with .

Het

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I also prefer my istick 30, and even my 20, to my 50. The 50 is nice next to the recliner, but if I'm driving, or outside with the dog, or running errands, the 30 goes with me. I usually run it at about 18 watts with a Lemo on it. The 20 has a Nautilus attached to it.

FlavoVape

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I have two I stick 50w. I got the 50w for the 4400 mah battery capacity. 5ml Atlantis 1 0.5 ohm bvc

vapeleash

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I personally suggest a VV/VW box mod, particularly with mechanical mode. I feel it's a one and done solution that will allow you to try out a bunch of different setups without changing your mod. Personally, I wish i did this off the get go before purchasing a bunch of different mods for different setups.

VU Sponsors