Become a Patron!

Help building

Hey guys, I've done a lot of research over a long period of time and tried different setups but I always find myself confused. I used to have the Tesla Invader III but decided to get a Paranormal DNA250c to try and help make things more simple which didn't happen. I have a Brunhilde RTA which I used Lightning Vapes Clapton 30 N90/40 N90 25' fused x4 wire (not sure what any of that even means) making 2 6/7 wrap coils. I'm receiving a 0.16ohm reading and trying to calculate the wattage it can handle. My batteries read 7.56v currently. When I fire the mod it shows 16.2a and 2.7v in the diagnostics. If someone can dummy walk me through what I'm missing here and if I'm doing things correctly that would be awesome!

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Right now I'm trying out some N80 aliens I made that are 3x30/40. I'm using two of them in an RBA with the same amount of wraps as yours. I'm not liking the vape at all. Your wire has one more 30ga core and is N90 instead of N80. Do you like the way it vapes?

I think 3x28 wire is a lot better for the way I like to vape. I usually use about 45-55W single coil or dual. These little aliens just sort of sizzle and don't create much vapor. It's like a dry vape similar to mesh. It's missing that deep, saturated, moist flavor. At least now I know anyways.

When using a rebuildable, start at a low wattage and work your way upwards in power. Vape it where it seems to be doing well for you. If you over power your build, you'll know. The vapor can get hot and you might even burn the cotton a bit. Under powering a coil or coils is pretty noticeable for me as well. The flavor isn't as good, and it just seems to want more power. Play with the settings until you can dial in a place where you're satisfied. If you don't like the build, try different wire.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hey guys, I've done a lot of research over a long period of time and tried different setups but I always find myself confused. I used to have the Tesla Invader III but decided to get a Paranormal DNA250c to try and help make things more simple which didn't happen. I have a Brunhilde RTA which I used Lightning Vapes Clapton 30 N90/40 N90 25' fused x4 wire (not sure what any of that even means) making 2 6/7 wrap coils. I'm receiving a 0.16ohm reading and trying to calculate the wattage it can handle. My batteries read 7.56v currently. When I fire the mod it shows 16.2a and 2.7v in the diagnostics. If someone can dummy walk me through what I'm missing here and if I'm doing things correctly that would be awesome!
Your batteries are 7.52 from the 8.4 starting voltage. You're using 16 amps to vape and 2.7 volts is what voltage is being used by the battery to actually vape. If that make sense. Maybe someone else can explain it easier

Sent from a pile of wood chips

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I can't contribute to all the calculations, because my brain just does not compute that way. However, with the mod in power mode only, if your coils (both installed) give you a reading of 0.16 ohms, I'd start those puppies out at about 40 watts and work up from there. I'm reasonably certain that with a DNA mod of that caliber, if you ask the mod to do more than it's capable of doing, you'll get a "weak battery" or similar error message. That's been my experience with my own DNA mods, anyway.

From what I've read, expect N90 to get hot quickly and cool off quickly. I'm happy with N80 and SS so haven't tried N90.

Personally, I'd be more concerned about wicking that Brunhilde. Have never messed with Genisis RTAs, so that is mind-boggling to me.

Last edited:

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
The amp and volt numbers being displayed on a regulated mod each time when you press the fire button are referring to the output power signal that is delivered by the board. The input power going from the batteries into the board is separate, as the purpose of the board is to sustain the desired wattage output during the puff by both 1/ measuring the resistance from the atomizer and 2/ measuring the voltage from the batteries, repeatedly during the puff, while at the same time also converting the power signal that it receives from the batteries. It means the chip inside the mod has to repeatedly keep calculating─based each time on those two measurements─how many volts the output signal needs to be in order for it to meet the wattage number that is required by the user of the mod, and also how many amps need to be drawn from the batteries for the mod to achieve this goal.

To be able to do power conversions the mod uses something called a buck/boost circuit. Bucking the volts down is generally more efficient than boosting, and, buck/boost circuits are generally more expensive to manufacture than buck circuits. Regulated mods are designed such that the resistance does not affect power, and shouldn't affect efficiency by more than just a little bit. However, the mod's hardware capabilities still dictate the range that the resistance needs to meet. If it does not meet, the mod refuses to fire the coils. And many regulated mods throttle the power down in situations where their own specific hardware limitations become the obstacles requiring them to do so. DNA boards can discharge the batteries all the way down to 3.2V and still not throttle the power, though. But if you build your coil build too far below 0.1 ohm, for example, then you won't be able to go to the maximum power that the mod will otherwise be capable to let you go to. So, on a DNA mod, this is very similar to what also happens if you build too high.

The "resting voltage", which is the number of volts a battery delivers after remaining idle for a certain period of time, declines another step as a result from the battery getting discharged a little bit further with every puff. The "operating voltage", which is the number of volts you get from the battery with the battery being placed under load, equals the resting voltage minus the voltage sag of the battery. After the load returns to idle, the resting voltage shoots back up and keeps climbing back up, for many minutes either until it settles or until the battery is placed under load again. What causes the voltage to sag can be explained from the DC internal resistance of the battery. Different batteries have different ratings and specs that can also be measured, and, the DC internal resistance is one of these important factors that part determines performance─even, if using a regulated mod, i.e. not only for mechanical mod users.

When generating an output signal, in order to compensate for an input signal the voltage of which is lowered as a result from how batteries react, a regulated mod needs to draw more amps from the batteries causing the batteries to not only be drained faster, but also making them run less efficiently i.e. wasting more energy, heat up more also in addition to that, and causing extra wear and tear on the batteries. To experiment with how many watts a given coil can handle, I therefore recommend that you choose the right batteries for that. Pay special attention to battery performance and accelerated battery aging, but, no matter what you try, always remember to keep it safe... it tends to be easy to forget, if you are experimenting.

To experiment with the wattage also means that you might want to consider not only trying different coil specs, but trying to fine tune the other variables simultaneously also. I find that higher wattages in cohort with stronger suction and shorter puffs can become multiple times more satisfying if the airflow adjustment, coil positioning, and the wicking job are all done right, whereas vaping at lower wattages these differences are typically much less pronounced. It is only logical the fact that high wattage vaping simply doesn't work when sufficiently powerful airflow isn't smashing right into the coils and/or the juice doesn't keep on flowing fast enough from the cotton into the coils to prevent coils from getting a bit dry-ish around the outside where the juice is boiling. That's why alien coils, for example, can generally be vaped at higher wattages than fused clapton coils can, even if the round wires used to build them are still the same and the total surface area of the coil is made to be virtually the same on both coil types also.

Finally, I should note that a lot of people out there have never actually tried to make fair comparisons between truly high wattages and the low/mid range of wattage levels. They almost always wrongfully assume that high wattage equals a hot vape, when the reality is that they can't (or won't...) explore anything much when it comes to basic things like adjusting the strength of their pull in cohort with adjusting the airflow and coil positioning nor when it comes to choosing the right coils and RBA for making it work, and for making it work regardless of what exactly their own personal preferences might be... regardless of whether they'd actually like or still dislike high wattage vaping─if they'd manage to get it right. Look at it this way. If what they say is true and 100 watts is insanely hot, then just ask yourself how would you explain the fact that, as I'm typing this, I'm vaping at almost 230 watts on just a normal 25mm RDA, and am doing so without burning myself to a crisp. Essentially, how much power a given coil can handle is largely determined by one's capacity to think properly and/or accept help from those who already did get intelligent answers from others in this realm of vaping that is so often being dismissed.

Last edited:

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
You might want to try looking over this a while. Use it as a handy guide for building. Understand it is not always spotlessly accurate. That's why I suggest it as a guide only. You'll soon figure out what you need for what build/s.

I also suggest as a general thumb of rule, try to not go below 0.20 ohms for any build. At least not until you better understand more of what's happening. .20 is a good minimum safe build limit for mechanical mods and regulated ones. Yes you can build lower and do it safely. Simply because you can doesn't mean you need to. I do pretty good with a range of 0.30 to 0.50 ohm.

Last edited:

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Do yourself a big favor. Try to not listen to anyone who claims that going below 0.20 ohms on a regulated mod such as the Lost Vape Paranormal DNA 250C, for example, should be avoided. These people are clueless of even the very basics of how a regulated mod factually works. As for switching from a regulated mod to unregulated or mech, although that's another topic of course, I'll just add that going for 0.11 ohms on a single battery mech with the Samsung 30T is still perfectly within the recommended safety limitation or guideline for those who are new to using a mech, if you can be certain enough that your ohms reader is accurate─which the ohms reader in the Paranormal DNA 250C is.

Now that we are talking about mech mods... those who want that little bit of extra safety margin for the fact they don't know if the readout will be accurate enough can still decide to aim for 0.12 ohms instead, or higher, but either way 0.12 ohms on a single battery mech with the Samsung 30T is considered to be still reasonably safe enough that recommending to stay at or above 0.20 ohms in this particular example of a mech vaping setup would essentially be the superlative of cluelessness, the exact opposite of a "handy guide". How do I know? It's because, after the voltage sag, 0.11 ohms on a single battery mech with the Samsung 30T battery fully charged you're only drawing something about halfway between 30A and 35A, not more, and, the true CDR (Continuous Discharge Rating) of the Samsung 30T as reported by Mooch in his test results is 35A. If you don't already know who Mooch is, then google for Battery Mooch on YouTube, go to the videos tab on his personal YouTube channel, read the descriptions of his videos, watch, and learn. You'll thank yourself for that... multiple times.

ajvapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
You might want to try looking over this a while. Use it as a handy guide for building. Understand it is not always spotlessly accurate. That's why I suggest it as a guide only. You'll soon figure out what you need for what build/s.

I also suggest as a general thumb of rule, try to not go below 0.20 ohms for any build. At least not until you better understand more of what's happening. .20 is a good minimum safe build limit for mechanical mods and regulated ones. Yes you can build lower and do it safely. Simply because you can doesn't mean you need to. I do pretty good with a range of 0.30 yo 0.50 ohm.
I use SS316L so almost all of my builds are below 0.2, and as low as0.11. I have never had a problem with reg mods in the 5 years I have been vaping.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Ive gone down to .08

So have I, on a regulated mod.

The one thing that concerns me about the OP's build is the small wire gauges. I have actually MELTED 30ga wire before on a mech tube.

That's why I suggested starting at 40w, since it's dual coil only approximately 20w will be going to each coil, and the OP can work up from there.

I still doubt those two coils would hold up to the kind of wattage that some of us run with fused Claptons made with, say, 26x3/36.

If the coils are still viable at 55-60W, I'd stop there, I think.

Last edited:

Wb80

-DIY-demon-
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Yes mine wer on a regulated. 2 big beefy framed staples.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Will state this directly and clearly. A person's preference and choice does not make them clueless.

Firstly, for myself I have tried various builds, as @nadalama points out SS316L can easily melt using a mechanical mod. For myself, I've concluded that 0.20 suits my preferences and is reasonably safe. If you desire doing lower, have at it. My preference is that, a preference, a choice. I do not need to justify it to anyone.

Secondly, not everyone chooses to use the exact same battery/gear based off of one person's opinion and choice. As I pointed out before, and has been pointed out by many others vaping allows for choice. You can respect someone's views, that does not mean you need to follow them jumping off a cliff. Not that I think anyone is jumping off a cliff in this case. It still boils down to personal choice though. I've found what I am comfortable doing, it works well enough to suit me.

Ultimately we can all choose what we do vaping related. That choice does not define one as clueless, ignorant, dumb, anything. Sorry but not everyone needs to fit into the herd. As to me offering advice based upon my experience, it is just that, advice anyone can take or leave. Again, anyone can offer an opinion. Most freely do so in fact. What is the difference in my case? None.

Last edited:

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Ive gone down to .08
Same here, assuming that you are talking about a single battery mech, BUT... although I'm not going to suggest that what you're trying to say here is that it is perfectly okay to recommend, people should still note that it is NOT okay for anyone to recommend to those who ask "how much is safe". The reason for that is very simple. It's because everyone is responsible for their own safety, and, neither you nor me can say for sure that anyone who might be reading your post will have a thorough enough understanding of what are the added risks─and how to mitigate them to the point that the person in question will be capable to decide, responsibly, to either accept or reject these same added risks. What I can say, though, is that neither one of the "Big Four" battery manufacturers (Sony/Murata, LG, Samsung, Panasonic/Sanyo) nor E-One Moli Energy Corp. ("Molicel") know what exactly goes on inside the battery if you push it that hard. Feeling comfortable with the added risks does not make added risks all magically disappear.

If you've been vaping at .08 ohms on a single battery mech and you never vented a battery, it's because you've been lucky. Yes, there are certain things that we can do extra (i.e. in addition to basic safety instructions for those who want to try vaping on a mech─basic, like, not short circuiting the battery as a result from not knowing what it is that can cause the battery to be short circuited inside a mech, among a few other basic things). For example, I can take one hit that only lasts 2-3 seconds, and, next, I can wait to let the battery rest for a minimum of, say, at least half a minute before I take my next hit that also only lasts 2-3 seconds, while, at the same time also, after continuing to take a few more hits in this same manner, remembering to stop, completely, for at least several many minutes, i.e. to return to "fully rested" as opposed to continuing quasi unrestrictedly past getting somewhat warm-ish. For another example, I can do whatever is humanly possible to prevent an accidental long button press─also including one that might, potentially, result from the button unexpectedly getting stuck one day despite that normally just never happens, for me anyway. But that's just because the type of mech that I'm using is piss easy for me to instantaneously disarm in such a way that is safe to do, and can do so without ever panicing or making bad mistakes as a result from panicing. And also, just because it normally never starts autofiring on me, doesn't mean I'll just pretend that it never will. So that's one thing.

My point being, I can put together a whole list of many things that can additionally go wrong if the person deciding to go above the true CDR of the battery he/she selects for vaping is not familiar with an equally long-and-exhaustive list of advanced topics like that. There's no reason to assume that anyone reading this will already know that quickly disarming a mech with a stuck button is on that list of things the safety of which greatly depends on more/better knowledge. That plus constant awareness level from always paying strong attention and from being deeply familiar with the mechanics of not only the mod itself in every way including the aforementioned example re stuck buttons, but of the atomizer used, and of coil building also in addition to that. Once again, we can't just assume that they'll already know what else will be on this same important list. Nor can we assume that none of these people can tend to be the "forgetful" type, or that they can't fall victim to wrong myths when it comes to the discussion about how to deal responsibly with advanced safety related factors.

Last edited:

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
And here of course we see the whole world saved, because some arrogant blowhard corrected me, only to give the same general advice I gave.

Yes, I'm aware one can build lower ohm rated coil/s on regulated devices. What I suggested as a minimum low end of 0.20 coil/s will work fine for most regulated or mechanical mods. It is generally sound and reasonable, responsible advice.

People can take anyone's advice or leave it. The same with anyone's opinions too, or learning about all the risks involved to vaping. This is why I offered a simple nugget of general advice which is reasonably safe for a general readership. If they want to learn more, they will.

It's not for me to arrogantly cram it down anyone's throat.

Last edited:

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Will state this directly and clearly. A person's preference and choice does not make them clueless.

Firstly, for myself I have tried various builds, as @nadalama points out SS316L can easily melt using a mechanical mod. For myself, I've concluded that 0.20 suits my preferences and is reasonably safe. If you desire doing lower, have at it. My preference is that, a preference, a choice. I do not need to justify it to anyone.

Secondly, not everyone chooses to use the exact same battery/gear based off of one person's opinion and choice. As I pointed out before, and has been pointed out by many others vaping allows for choice. You can respect someone's views, that does not mean you need to follow them jumping off a cliff. Not that I think anyone is jumping off a cliff in this case. It still boils down to personal choice though. I've found what I am comfortable doing, it works well enough to suit me.

Ultimately we can all choose what we do vaping related. That choice does not define one as clueless, ignorant, dumb, anything. Sorry but not everyone needs to fit into the herd. As to me offering advice based upon my experience, it is just that, advice anyone can take or leave. Again, anyone can offer an opinion. Most freely do so in fact. What is the difference in my case? None.
What makes a person clueless is the suggestion that other people can use this "preference" of yours as a guide. They can use it for that if they choose to be clueless, but absolutely nothing more than that.

Just because 0.20 ohms matches the recommended safety limit to stay at or above if using a 20 amp battery on a single battery mech for those who ask "how much is safe", doesn't also mean there are no batteries available the true CDR of which is a lot higher. What if, after reading your post, the OP decides to use a battery with a much lower CDR due to the fact you failed to even mention anything about the CDR and vents the battery as a result? This is not just you being clueless. Worse, this apologetic response of yours downright belongs in the "What Not To Do" subforum. Whether you like or don't like vaping at those kinds of resistances is utterly irrelevant exactly BECAUSE your own clueless advice might actually hurt someone. And that is still regardless of whether the fact you suggest to others to use your own personal vaping style or preference as a "guide" is relevant. A guide to what exactly? A guide to proliferating more cluelessness?

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
And here of course we see the whole world saved, because some arrogant blowhard corrected me, only to give the same general advice I gave.

Yes, I'm aware one can build lower ohm rated coil/s on regulated devices. What I suggested as a minimum low end of 0.20 coil/s will work fine for most regulated or mechanical mods. It is generally sound and reasonable, responsible advice.

People can take anyone's advice or leave it. The same with anyone's opinions too, or learning about all the risks involved to vaping. This is why I offered a simple nugget of general advice which is reasonably safe for a general readership. If they want to learn more, they will.

It's not for me to arrogantly cram it down anyone's throat.
I read through clueless remarks like the ones you have been posting in this thread as if claiming there are no colors in a rainbow. As a useful guide, I think everyone should.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
What if, after reading your post, the OP decides to use a battery with a much lower CDR due to the fact you failed to even mention anything about the CDR and vents the battery as a result?

That is on them and I will explain why rather simply. Suppose you wanted to purchase an automobile for use.

Would you take only the first suggested automobile suggested by some random stranger off a car forum?

Would you instead do more research on your own?

If they're not intelligent enough to do more thorough research for themselves, they need to get away from the Internet & web. They do not have any idea how to use it.

Would I feel bad if someone got hurt? Yes. Still the onerous is on the user, not me. What I suggested has been being suggested as a general guide for a few years now on a few different vaping forums. It's not me being clueless. It's me choosing to follow a herd in a way, I guess as hypocritical as that may seem. I'm tired of caring especially when jackasses like you seem to prevail. Sorry, you don't prevail with me.

I stop caring.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Strange how when our friend Carambrda reacts to our posts, he's always laughing.

Responding doesn't work, @MyMagicMist, nor does defending or explaining. It is an exercise in futility.

He may be right in every single thing he says, but who gives a fuck?

Ignoring works. Just my two cents.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
The one thing that concerns me about the OP's build is the small wire gauges. I have actually MELTED 30ga wire before on a mech tube.
I have actually melted 26g wire on a regulated mod.
That is on them and I will explain why rather simply. Suppose you wanted to purchase an automobile for use.

Would you take only the first suggested automobile suggested by some random stranger off a car forum?

Would you instead do more research on your own?

If they're not intelligent enough to do more thorough research for themselves, they need to get away from the Internet & web. They do not have any idea how to use it.

Would I feel bad if someone got hurt? Yes. Still the onerous is on the user, not me. What I suggested has been being suggested as a general guide for a few years now on a few different vaping forums. It's not me being clueless. It's me choosing to follow a herd in a way, I guess as hypocritical as that may seem. I'm tired of caring especially when jackasses like you seem to prevail. Sorry, you don't prevail with me.

I stop caring.
I already did suggest to the OP to do more research... please read my first reply to the OP. Obvious troll is obvious.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Strange how when our friend Carambrda reacts to our posts, he's always laughing.

Responding doesn't work, @MyMagicMist, nor does defending or explaining. It is an exercise in futility.

He may be right in every single thing he says, but who gives a fuck?

Ignoring works. Just my two cents.
Yes, ignoring works. That is, ignoring those who persistently fail to learn even the very basics of battery safety FOR VAPING ON A REGULATED MOD works. As for your question re who gives a fuck. Maybe some of the countless people who kept being trolled the way that you do before they finally decided to leave this forum website did so because they actually did give a fuck about that?

Last edited:

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I can’t fault Carambrda for what he says when it comes to battery mech safety and knowledge one should have. Even regarding the almost useless info that is displayed on regulated mods ( IMO only two matter... watts and battery meter aka rested voltage read)

He’s always been concise, mostly to the point ( some run on, but that’s just him ramming the point home)

I can see where those sensitive can object to his vernacular, but IMO he’s been right nearly every time.

Do I agree with his way of delivery?

Not always... but I can’t recall where his knowledge didn’t align with mine...

And please believe me and I’ve said it many of times... I’m truly an asshole in person... but I’ve also learned although I’m right... I don’t need to hammer that sentiment.

This goes the same for rebuttals...

There is a time one can concede to those more knowledgeable even if their opinion and what’s worked for them is incorrect.

I for one won’t ever put him on ignore... his knowledge base is just immense; and most of the time when I find myself not agreeing... I check myself and my knowledge against his, and more times than not it’s just a different view of the same result.

Like math... how many variants expressed can give the answer 42... there is more than one and all true.

Like watts law to determine amp draw on a regulated mod...

NonDNA mods I lump into the 85% efficiency, this has been the lowest I’ve come across, probably not the actual lowest.

He would find out the actual efficiency which could be 87%...

Then we can do the equation

I do

Watts divided by battery count divided by 3.2v divided by .85 (non dna)

But!

You’d need to divide by the actual cut off set on the mod... I chose 3.2v for most batteries at that or near that voltage will sag below it, although not always 100% and will give you the weak battery prompt. Then divide by the actual efficiency (dna200/250s are 97%)

In the end like I said... I can’t fault him for he’s been right nearly all the time

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I can’t fault Carambrda for what he says when it comes to battery mech safety and knowledge one should have. Even regarding the almost useless info that is displayed on regulated mods ( IMO only two matter... watts and battery meter aka rested voltage read)

He’s always been concise, mostly to the point ( some run on, but that’s just him ramming the point home)

I can see where those sensitive can object to his vernacular, but IMO he’s been right nearly every time.

Do I agree with his way of delivery?

Not always... but I can’t recall where his knowledge didn’t align with mine...

And please believe me and I’ve said it many of times... I’m truly an asshole in person... but I’ve also learned although I’m right... I don’t need to hammer that sentiment.

This goes the same for rebuttals...

There is a time one can concede to those more knowledgeable even if their opinion and what’s worked for them is incorrect.

I for one won’t ever put him on ignore... his knowledge base is just immense; and most of the time when I find myself not agreeing... I check myself and my knowledge against his, and more times than not it’s just a different view of the same result.

Like math... how many variants expressed can give the answer 42... there is more than one and all true.

Like watts law to determine amp draw on a regulated mod...

NonDNA mods I lump into the 85% efficiency, this has been the lowest I’ve come across, probably not the actual lowest.

Then we can do the equation

I do

Watts divided by battery count divided by 3.2v divided by .85 (non dna)

But!

You’d need to divide by the actual cut off set on the mod... I chose 3.2v for most batteries at that or near that voltage will sag below it, although not always 100% and will give you the weak battery prompt. Then divide by the actual efficiency (dna200/250s are 97%)

In the end like I said... I can’t fault him for he’s been right nearly all the time

I won't belabor the point, and I don't disagree with anything you said. But I very much doubt that you've been on the receiving end of some of his more colorful verbiage. I can't imagine you'd tolerate it. I also imagine he respects you, but there are many of us that he doesn't, and he doesn't make any secret of it.

If that makes me sensitive, then so be it. I'm 65 years old, and there are some things I've had enough of in my life.

If I need help, I'll come to you or to @gsmit1. So much less drama.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I’m truly an asshole in person... but I’ve also learned although I’m right... I don’t need to hammer that sentiment.

And that is the point I'm making, wrong or right on my end. There is no need to assail others by belittling them. Also as I have pointed out people can accept anyone's opinion, advice. They can also find other opinions and advice if they choose.

I share from experience what seems to do well for myself, and seems sound general advice. Others do this as well. Why is it I'm belittled and degraded for doing the same as them? Look back, I did not start the issue this time. There's been other times I've not started an issue.

Have no problem to owning up to being in error. That noted as stated I'm conveying anecdotal information. I'm not exactly working in a laboratory or doing rocket science. Again it goes back to being onus on the reader to gather information for themselves. And again, there's no point to belittle or degrade one for an error.

Why do I need to continue tolerating his abuse? Point blank, I do not need to. As I said I can stop caring.

Last edited:

Wb80

-DIY-demon-
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I find him humorous...as i dont care to take it personal. Lol

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I find him humorous...as i dont care to take it personal. Lol

Not really taking it personally so much as simply caring. That's alright though. I no longer give a fuck, no longer care. As a result I might tell anyone to take a flying leap if they ask for help. I may be an absolute prick. After all I don't care. The filters of courtesy, decency are off. Also expect to find my huge balls laying around openly. Fuck everyone, I'm the god damn best. My opinion is all that matters. I'm always fucking right. Fuck you if you disagree. Your stupid and don't deserve breathing my air.

ajvapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
And that is the point I'm making, wrong or right on my end. There is no need to assail others by belittling them. Also as I have pointed out people can accept anyone's opinion, advice. They can also find other opinions and advice if they choose.

I share from experience what seems to do well for myself, and seems sound general advice. Others do this as well. Why is it I'm belittled and degraded for doing the same as them? Look back, I did not start the issue this time. There's been other times I've not started an issue.

Have no problem to owning up to being in error. That noted as stated I'm conveying anecdotal information. I'm not exactly working in a laboratory or doing rocket science. Again it goes back to being onus on the reader to gather information for themselves. And again, there's no point to belittle or degrade one for an error.

Why do I need to continue tolerating his abuse? Point blank, I do not need to. As I said I can stop caring.
You don't....treat him as a non- entity.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Nah. I don't need to find that out... I have no need for regulated mods other than to read the ohms and to dry fire my new coil builds before I start using them on one of my mechs, which is the ONLY reason why I own the Odin DNA 250C. As for who is belittling who in this thread, that's actually pretty obvious TBH, as I'm not the guy who is belittling people who, because they are an adult too, are entitled to choose for theirself how many ohms or how many wattages they want to prefer or not prefer. Instead, I'm the guy who encourages people to experiment in order─for them─to find out what TRULY are their own personal preferences as long as they are safe enough to try, and I encourage them to do so by ignoring those who make it a personal hobby of theirs to keep pushing blanket statements from the likes of "if you don't stay at or above 0.20 ohms just because I say you might want to, then I'll go sulk in a corner and wage war against anyone who knows a blanket statement when he sees one─till what's still left of the community will burn". Makes me almost start to wonder how much they must be getting paid to keep disinforming everyone.
I like the guy. He's been personally helpful to me and he and I get along near as I can tell. But I wish he wouldn't do that :) A thing about which I have not been secretive. :)
If some certain individuals on here love to shoot theirself in the foot by trying to blame me for the fact I'm allergic to BS, then so be it. I actually mean that, and have not been secretive about that... life's too short to waste time feeding the trolls especially when obvious troll really is obvious, but the sad thing about it is, if you let them continue like this you can chalk this one off as another win for Big Tobacco. That's because the hobby side of advanced coil building is part of why I and others like me stuck to vaping. Trying to convince others to not go below 0.20 ohms is trying to steer them away from one valid part of this same hobby instead of respecting them by encouraging them to decide for theirself if they want to venture that way or not. In this particular case there's no reason (aside from fantasy reason) for the OP to decide not to, as the OP is using a regulated mod that has zero trouble firing coil builds below 0.20 ohms. Zero trouble. Zippo. Zilch. Nada. Bupkis. What's more, you don't need to be an expert nor even be experienced at the intermediate level to know that this is so. It's just basic knowledge and a fact, that has been established many years ago, like, several more years than I've actually been vaping. :)

Last edited:

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Nah. I don't need to find that out... I have no need for regulated mods other than to read the ohms and to dry fire my new coil builds before I start using them on one of my mechs, which is the ONLY reason why I own the Odin DNA 250C.
After this much, rest was pretty much redundant and just preaching to the choir. ;)

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
After this much, rest was pretty much redundant and just preaching to the choir. ;)
If you can't fix stupid, what else can be done on here besides preaching to the choir out of pure boredom? ?

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Also as I have pointed out people can accept anyone's opinion, advice. They can also find other opinions and advice if they choose.

I also suggest as a general thumb of rule, try to not go below 0.20 ohms for any build. At least not until you better understand more of what's happening. .20 is a good minimum safe build limit for mechanical mods and regulated ones. Yes you can build lower and do it safely. Simply because you can doesn't mean you need to. I do pretty good with a range of 0.30 to 0.50 ohm.

Apologies for using the largest text size and bold in re-posting those quotes. I wanted to ensure everyone could read them, and possibly comprehend them. That aside, on our merry way.

What trolling do either of those present? I am merely expressing an opinion the same as anyone expresses an opinion. You then come to the thread and began calling me clueless along with other crap.

I stood up and pointed out I had expressed an opinion, the same as you express opinions. That's not trolling, only stating fact. Yes, I added you seemed to be acting arrogantly. Yes, I said you seemed a blowhard. You do to me. Again, that's an opinion.

You keep seeming to want to argue opinions. Sorry, I'm not going to argue opinions. I can disagree with an opinion. That doesn't mean I call the one expressing it anything. I don't need to, it's an opinion. So what?

It's a forum freely open to the public. You'll find it chock full of opinion. Why are you having such a problem letting me express my opinion/s? Do they physically injure you? Do my opinions point a gun to your head? Do my opinions threaten your arrogance?

Why is it such a problem? You obviously find it a problem as you continue calling me all kinds of stuff for expressing my opinion. I'm not "calling you out" except for this post here and now, to find out what the problem happens to be. I'm not trolling. I like you, like @~Don~ like @JuicyLucy, like @nadalama, like @Train, @f1r3b1rd, @MrMeowgi, @Time, like anyone here in the forum .... am expressing an opinion. That's all.

Last edited:

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I do not care if your thinking and what you present is factually correct, or wrong. You choose to present it in such a way that you abash others. That will automatically shut me down. You're more than free to hold any opinion, based on correct and factual information, or not. The second you come at me calling me stupid for having my own views, your freedom stops for me. Instead you could approach conversation totally different.

Here's an example:

I know you seem to dislike broccoli. Well, you might not know broccoli can help fight cancer. It has been proved that broccoli contains anti-oxidants. You might consider trying to eat some even despite disliking it. I feel it may help your health.

See? Did I call your dislike anything? Did I call you anything? No, doesn't look like it to me. Worse case, I expressed empathy for you. Also I'm not lording my knowledge over you. I'm not touting myself as a gift to the world. All I'm doing is hoping to gently persuade you to try eating broccoli.

You don't approach like that. Think it's clear how you approach. And you'll keep shutting me, or anyone down doing that. Also, there's no winning to arguing opinions. No matter what anyone says, I still will believe Silly Putty is one of humanity's best creations. The other thing I hold in higher opinion is Slime.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I know you seem to dislike broccoli.
Obviously that was just a joke. But I stand by my conclusion that you tried to steer the OP away from building below 0.20 ohms purely because you are too arrogant to admit your own cluelessness about that part... you simply don't know when you've lost an argument so whether you like it or not, nobody needs your slime.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
purely because you are too arrogant to admit your own cluelessness about that part...

Not clueless as it is a matter of preference for myself. Preference is roughly the same as an opinion. For example you prefer to vape one way, I prefer vaping another.

I was not steering anyone, only offering my opinion. Again as stated several times I explained it as such. It's not arrogant of me to hold an opinion any more than its arrogant for you to hold one, or anyone.

Thought about something else as well recently. Can tell you now exactly why I've never posted pictures or videos of myself trying lower builds. You believe I have never nor do not ever try them.

Even if I post such images or videos to prove I do, you'll still believe what you choose. You could argue photos or videos are doctored, or I'm being false in the information I write about the builds, images. No matter what I do or say here, you'll still believe me to lie.

So, I figured objectively why bother? This is the same with any opinion, belief. No one can alter what another thinks, feels, believes. Yes, one can perhaps persuade, teach, offer advice. Ultimately though the other needs to consent to altering their belief.

As I said, no point to arguing opinion. There's no winning outcome for either side usually. This returns me back to my question of what is your problem with me posting my opinion the same as you or anyone else posts their opinion? It is obviously a problem for you as you keep debasing me for doing it.

Do I debase you for you posting an opinion? I do not do so intentionally, If I do at all. I also do not troll. Yes, like said I post my opinion like everyone else does. That's not trolling, only discussing, carrying on conversation. It's a public forum, that goes on.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Not clueless as it is a matter of preference for myself. Preference is roughly the same as an opinion. For example you prefer to vape one way, I prefer vaping another.

I was not steering anyone, only offering my opinion. Again as stated several times I explained it as such. It's not arrogant of me to hold an opinion any more than its arrogant for you to hold one, or anyone.

Thought about something else as well recently. Can tell you now exactly why I've never posted pictures or videos of myself trying lower builds. You believe I have never nor do not ever try them.

Even if I post such images or videos to prove I do, you'll still believe what you choose. You could argue photos or videos are doctored, or I'm being false in the information I write about the builds, images. No matter what I do or say here, you'll still believe me to lie.

So, I figured objectively why bother? This is the same with any opinion, belief. No one can alter what another thinks, feels, believes. Yes, one can perhaps persuade, teach, offer advice. Ultimately though the other needs to consent to altering their belief.

As I said, no point to arguing opinion. There's no winning outcome for either side usually. This returns me back to my question of what is your problem with me posting my opinion the same as you or anyone else posts their opinion? It is obviously a problem for you as you keep debasing me for doing it.

Do I debase you for you posting an opinion? I do not do so intentionally, If I do at all. I also do not troll. Yes, like said I post my opinion like everyone else does. That's not trolling, only discussing, carrying on conversation. It's a public forum, that goes on.
Nope. You offered a suggestion to someone. Your suggestion was to stay at or above 0.20 ohms no matter if the mod used is a regulated mod, which, for the record here, is what the OP factually uses. So here's my suggestion to you. I suggest to you that, henceforth, you stand on your head each time when you vape. Hopefully this will help people to better understand what might be wrong with your "opinion". Geez...

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Nope. You offered a suggestion to someone. Your suggestion was to stay at or above 0.20 ohms no matter if the mod used is a regulated mod, which, for the record here, is what the OP factually uses. So here's my suggestion to you. I suggest to you that, henceforth, you stand on your head each time when you vape. Hopefully this will help people to better understand what might be wrong with your "opinion". Geez...

Exactly, I made a suggestion no matter if it was used for a regulated or mechanical mod. From my own experience what I suggested works out well. No one needs to do as I suggest. I'm simply sharing my opinion, my advice based on my experience. You, yourself do the same damn thing.

So what's the difference? Why do you even now need to try belittling me?

You trying to show me how big/tough/scary you are? If so excuse my laughing. That does not work out to well in text.

Are you attempting to will your opinion into being the only one? Again, I'll laugh some more.

Think I'll follow some advice offered earlier. Hope you have a good one.

Last edited:

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Exactly, I made a suggestion no matter if it was used for a regulated or mechanical mod. From my own experience what I suggested works out well. No one needs to do as I suggest. I'm simply sharing my opinion, my advice based on my experience. You, yourself do the same damn thing.

So what's the difference? Why do you even now need to try belittling me?

You trying to show me how big/tough/scary you are? If so excuse my laughing. That does not work out to well in text.

Are you attempting to will your opinion into being the only one? Again, I'll laugh some more.

Think I'll follow some advice offered earlier. Hope you have a good one.
I'm not belittling you. Just suggesting that you stand on your head each time when you vape... that way you don't have to suffer so much brain damage when you fall. :crazy:

VU Sponsors