Become a Patron!

help choosing my 1st mod

I started vaping to quit smoking about 6 months ago and now I only vap. So I want to upgrade from my little pen style one to a box mod. I was looking at the Kenger Subox mini kit. Just want to know if that's a good place to start or is there something better out there? I don't have a vapor shop near me I have to drive at least 1 1/2 hours to the closest one. I will be buying it online so any help in that area would help too I have seen a lot of stuff about some online shop selling fake mods as real ones. Please help out a new vapor.

Thank you

Chaotic_Vapes

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I started vaping to quit smoking about 6 months ago and now I only vap. So I want to upgrade from my little pen style one to a box mod. I was looking at the Kenger Subox mini kit. Just want to know if that's a good place to start or is there something better out there? I don't have a vapor shop near me I have to drive at least 1 1/2 hours to the closest one. I will be buying it online so any help in that area would help too I have seen a lot of stuff about some online shop selling fake mods as real ones. Please help out a new vapor.

Thank you
There is always bigger and better every week it seems. I am new to box mods but I can try to help you out.

First of all learn your battery safety if you are coming to the world of regulated or unregulated mods. It's a key factor. Most vapers practically swear an oath to the all mighty sony vtc4's or 5's.

Second of all it's a great starting kit for somebody who wants to stick their toes in the water first.

Since it's a tank with replaceable coils and optional rebuildable coils you won't have to worry about rebuilding unless you dive in deeper. It puts out 50W max and at the minimum of .3 ohms it's not bad for a starter.

If you want to blow huge clouds or chase the flavor you'll have to learn more and dive in deeper.

Stores I have used in the past are peakvapor, vaperoyalty, and vapordna.

My recent and only order with vapordna was sent to my billing address and not my shipping address and was paid for 3 day shipping. Well they sent it to the wrong address, usps said it was declined by the resident there (nobody was home at the time so it couldn't be declined) and it was being returned to sender. When I emailed them they told me it had never been sent there and was on its way. Well I paid for 3 business day shipping and so far it's been 5 days.

I don't know if it was a mistake or on purpose to avoid the 3 day shipping. But peakvapor and vaperoyalty have gotten it there in two days. Ordered on Thursday at 12 in the afternoon there on Saturday morning.

And all the things I ordered have checked out for authenticity including the limited edition snow wolf from vaperoyalty and the mutation x V4 from them and a mod from peakvapor I can't remember the name of it since I don't use it.

I'm still waiting on the order from vapordna but from what I've seen authenticity checks out on their products.

If you have anymore questions ask me and I'll do my best to answer.

Last edited:

nabibrian

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I am sure you will have plenty of feedback for this, however I would recommend you to consider checking out Breazy.

@Breazy_Com

nophix

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'd recommend going to a mod with a built in battery first, just out of simplicity. That's the path I took, and I still use them more than anything. I do have some that take 18650 batteries, but almost never use them. Plus, it more or less removes the oops factor.

I had an MVP 3.0, and used Kanger Subtanks. The MVP took a beating, and only got replaced because of an 8ft fall to concrete, which broke the 510 and my subtank nano. There's a Pro version now, more battery and 60watt.

I wanted to try temp control, so I bought the Evic VT. I didn't like TC, but it's a great 60watt mod in power mode. I use my subtank mini's on it with the rebuild able bases, and it's great.

Both those mods will go all day, but will also charge from the USB phone charger in my car or work truck.

I also use a Mutation X v3 RDA on the Evic, and it powers it fine.

I haven't personally tried the IPV stuff, but the MVP and Evic have been great for me.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

whitecloud40

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
My thoughts is a good newbie set up is it needs to -
1. Be simple/cost effective to use from the start. Sure there is bigger badder better but nows not the time.
2. Last you for at good while before you want/need new gear
3. Require minimal maintenance - chargers, batteries.. All things to consider and factor into simplicity and cost.
Consider maybe
* Nautilus Mini tank + Some spare coils
* MVP 2.0 box mod

It will be a good hearty vape. It'll last and keep you away from real cigs, or at least it did for me.

otto85

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Evic vt is a awesome starter kit has built in battery and comes with the matching tank runs around $60

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee

Thank you
In order to give you better advice, we need to know what your budget is.

ChrisL

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I would suggest you find a vape shop close to home and get your hands on some different devices. Hopefully the staff could help you find something that will fit your needs and budget. Happy hunting, and welcome to VU.

sychosis

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You could check out the eleaf 60w tc kit has a nice tc mod and a melo 2 tank, also kangertech has a new all in one setup called a nebox , both require a 18650 but will do pass through charging just ordered the eleaf myself . Also look at a uwell crown with a eleaf 50watt it has a built in battery and lasts a long time , lots of people have issues with the 50 watt eleaf but I bought a brand new one never dropped it until.recently and it has been a nice little mod for me , I also have a cool fire 4 that I use while I work with a subtank plus on it running at 23 watts . It all depends on your budget and what you are comfortable with doing. I am by no means a veteran vape but I try to stay up to date on my equip and juice , much to the dislike of my wife !

VU Sponsors