HELP!!! DROPPED MY STICK V8 ON CARPET NOW WONT WORK!!

Discussion in 'Help I have questions!' started by kymbrolie525, Dec 2, 2017.

1. kymbrolie525

kymbrolie525 New Member

Blog Posts:
    Hi friends! I'm new to this forum so hello. I had to search for you guys cause I'm in BIG trouble. Ughhh! I've been vaping for over 2 years now, walked away from the Marlboro and straight into E-cig land and I love it. I've had my SMOK Stick V8 for about 5 months or so, couldn't be happier although I had noticed some juice leaking but not enough to be totally bothersome. ANYWHO, last night after a few too many glasses of wine, I accidentally dropped my cig like twice on the carpet, not a major fall at all, like from the couch to the carpet. So, now it WONT WORK AT ALL!! And I'm nic'ed out cause it's the only one I have. Please please please tell me someone knows what to do. Thanks guys

2. Pegleg Meg

Pegleg Meg Bronze Contributor ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    If it's an emergency, find a shop that sells vape products (not a cigarette store, a real Vapor store)

Try unscrewing the whole tank off, then back on if you havent already... Hard to know what happened, hopefully that will help

Also get an extra one, so you wont have this emergency again!

SnapDragon NY and kymbrolie525 like this.
  3. kymbrolie525

kymbrolie525 New Member

Blog Posts:
    ABSOLUTELY gonna get another one ASAP! Unfortunately, I live in a really small town and we only have one small vape store and it's closed on the weekends. BOOO! I did try removing the tank and putting it back on and still nada. Ugh!! Thank you for response and effort anyway. I appreciate any advice, wisdom, tricks...anything to get me going again.

4. Countrypami

Countrypami The Link Ninja Staff Member Senior Moderator VU Vendor Employee VU Donator Platinum Contributor Member For 3 Years VU Live Host

Blog Posts:
    Is it turning on but won't fire or not turning on at all?

kymbrolie525 likes this.
  5. kymbrolie525

kymbrolie525 New Member

Blog Posts:
    Thank you for your response and the link. It's not turning on at all. I just got a new coil for it a couple of days ago. I just don't understand how a small drop like that could mess it up. I have one of those rubber bumper things around the glass, plus it didn't hit anything from the couch to the carpet. I'm lost.

6. Hillbilly Pig

Hillbilly Pig Silver Contributor

Blog Posts:
    I love my Smok gear, but they are sensitive little cupcakes that have to be cradled and told they're beautiful or they get their feelings hurt.

7. Countrypami

Countrypami The Link Ninja Staff Member Senior Moderator VU Vendor Employee VU Donator Platinum Contributor Member For 3 Years VU Live Host

Blog Posts:
    I'm sorry this happened to ya. It's possible a wire connection became dislodged or somehow the fire button got damaged internally. I agree with @Pegleg Meg you need a backup... for your backup... for your backup :)

8. spr258

spr258 New Member

Blog Posts:
    Does anything happen when you plug it in and charge it? Is it fully charged or have you left it charging for a hour? Also know that some smok devices have stealth mode. Maybe it got changed for some reason?

kymbrolie525 likes this.
  9. kymbrolie525

kymbrolie525 New Member

Blog Posts:
    Not much happens, ugh. It blinks a few times and then goes defcon silent, nada, snip, nothing!

10. Countrypami

Blog Posts:
    I would plug it in and leave it be for a couple hours. It could just need a fresh charge.

Pegleg Meg likes this.
  11. Pegleg Meg

Blog Posts:
    A charge and a good firm shake...or maybe not lol

kymbrolie525 and Countrypami like this.
  12. spr258

spr258 New Member

Blog Posts:
    Looked at smok website and a couple reviews. If it is blinking faster than normal then it will need to charge. If you turn it on and the light comes on when you fire it then it could be your tank. Do you have another tank to see if it is the tank? I would leave it plugged in for a couple hours like people have suggested and see if that is it.

kymbrolie525 likes this.
  13. kymbrolie525

kymbrolie525 New Member

Blog Posts:
    Leave it plugged it even though the light doesn't come on while charging?

14. spr258

spr258 New Member

Blog Posts:
    What exactly happens when you try and turn it on? Does it blink 4 times? The stick is not recognizing an atomizer. I would change the coil and clean the pin and see if that works. Also do you have another tank to see if that is what is wrong? Does it fast blink and blink a bunch of times? Battery needs a charge. Do you have another charging plug you can try. Does it normally light up when you charge it? If it is not those two problems I do not know. I do not own the mod.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2017
    kymbrolie525 likes this.
  15. kymbrolie525

kymbrolie525 New Member

Blog Posts:
    Nothing happens, when I push the button 5 times to either turn on or off, now there's nothing-no blinks at all. When I connect it to a charger, it lights up (like normal) but after a few seconds, maybe 10, the light comes back off

16. spr258

spr258 New Member

Blog Posts:
    Do you have another charger? Something like a phone charger to see if it is the plug or cord.

kymbrolie525 and Pegleg Meg like this.
  17. kymbrolie525

kymbrolie525 New Member

Blog Posts:
    I've tried changing the coil, nothing. I've also tried a different charging cord, still only lights up for about 10 seconds and the light goes off. Normally the light stays on while charging. Shoot dang - I don't know what to do.

18. kymbrolie525

kymbrolie525 New Member

Blog Posts:
    Oh MY!!! I just put an old tank that I had and the SOB works!! WTF? What is in the tank besides the coil that would make it stop working?

Hillbilly Pig and Pegleg Meg like this.
  19. Pegleg Meg

Blog Posts:
    May just be the coil got loose, and so your battery doesnt see that one is installed! But huurahh, your battery works! Try a new coil in the V8 or tighten the one in there already

kymbrolie525 likes this.
  20. kymbrolie525

kymbrolie525 New Member

Blog Posts:
    I CAN NOT thank you all so much for your input and quick responses!!! You saved me, a veteran w/ COPD, from pickin up the ole' Marlboro Reds again. Thank you Thank you Thank you

Countrypami and Pegleg Meg like this.
  21. Hillbilly Pig

Blog Posts:
    Maybe something with 510 pin or threads or something.

Wtmke1, Pegleg Meg and kymbrolie525 like this.
  22. Sonar505

Sonar505 Silver Contributor Member For 3 Years Modder

Blog Posts:
    We used to have a similar problem to what your are describing Back in the day with ego battery's. When accidently dropped or over tightened. The 510 postive pin would get stuck in the downward position. and not make contact with some atties. The temp fix was to soak a que-tip in alcholl and run it inside the 510 then using a small screw driver gently lift the positive pin up. Keep fingers away from fire button while doing this tho. then reinstall atty to see if fixed.

23. kymbrolie525

kymbrolie525 New Member

Blog Posts:
    Awesome !!! Yes, I will try that too. I got overly excited and thought it was fixed cause the light was coming on while charging, which it does but only for maybe a minute then goes back out

24. Pegleg Meg

Blog Posts:
    Ah yes I remember this, I would sure hope newer batteries like her Smok would be spring loaded but you never knowwww

25. Pegleg Meg

Blog Posts:
    Hioefully just means it's fully charged already!

kymbrolie525 likes this.
  26. kymbrolie525

kymbrolie525 New Member

Blog Posts:
    I wish but when I put my atty, it blinks 5 times like a dead battery. I'm in FULL ON distress mode

27. kymbrolie525

kymbrolie525 New Member

Blog Posts:
    UPDATE = Thanks to all of you for your help. Thank God it's working again. I don't know how or why but I'm one happy chic right now. Again, thank you so much for your kind time and assistance. Y'all are the BEST

28. Pegleg Meg

Blog Posts:
  29. Hillbilly Pig

Blog Posts:
    Gonna need to get some backup gear ASAP

Huckleberried likes this.
  30. vaporscout

vaporscout New Member

Blog Posts:
    a suggestion for you from another veteran. Go to eightvapes.com and order a backup mod and if needed some batteries. your tanks should work on any mod and the have the Kanger K BOX200 for $25 which is not a bad deal at all. Allways have a back up mod and tank and allways take care of your equipment just like in the military.

Thank you for your service and vape on.

Hillbilly Pig and Localurking like this.