Become a Patron!

HELP FLAVOR WONT GO AWAY

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
SO I was testing some RF grape. Awesome flavor, tast elike grape laffy taffy or grape hubba bubba

anyway i used it in my limitless plus rdta

Now the cap smells like the grape and its overpowering any other flavor I used

I rewicked
i rinsed the entire RDTA out in hot water
i soaked in water over night (unassembled)

The grape is not going away
I dont have a UC
i dont have any vodka or Pure Grain

what else can i use to remove this taste from the RDTA

Johnnytraveler

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
SO I was testing some RF grape. Awesome flavor, tast elike grape laffy taffy or grape hubba bubba

anyway i used it in my limitless plus rdta

Now the cap smells like the grape and its overpowering any other flavor I used

I rewicked
i rinsed the entire RDTA out in hot water
i soaked in water over night (unassembled)

The grape is not going away
I dont have a UC
i dont have any vodka or Pure Grain

what else can i use to remove this taste from the RDTA
Use baking soda
Rub it wherever you can. Let it sit for 1-2 hours.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Use baking soda
Rub it wherever you can. Let it sit for 1-2 hours.
I've done this, but I made a baking soda/water mix, just enough to cover everything, disassembled, and let it soak overnight. Rinse really, really well. Worked on a really strong cinnamon flavor. And sometimes stubborn flavors will just fade out, the longer you use a different flavor in the tank.

WHAT?????
ETOH is alcohol.

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon

Matty Vapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I've used isopropyl alcohol in the past. I diluted mine a bit with water in fears it would damage the finish or metal..it worked fairly well. Tried the baking soda thing just the other day.. I like that method as it just seems more natural..I'd say the alcohol thing works good for tanks with hard to reach areas. RDA's are pretty much wide open. I put the pieces in a ice cube tray and threw the baking soda/ water solution in there and let it sit over night. Both methods are good imo

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
well the baking soda helped but not completely
the vinegar got rid of the grape
this is the first time i have had a flavor stick to an rta. usually a new wick and dry burn or sometimes new coils and a rinse in warm water does the trick.

Matty Vapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
well the baking soda helped but not completely
the vinegar got rid of the grape
this is the first time i have had a flavor stick to an rta. usually a new wick and dry burn or sometimes new coils and a rinse in warm water does the trick.
I'm going to try the vinegar trick next time! from my experience orange and lemon flavors hang around..starting to think fruits in general..not sure.

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
i use apple fuji apple peach mango, white peach,coconut,strawberry all from fa and ive used rf apple and watermelon with no residual flavor. so i wouldnt say fruits in general

Griffin40

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I agree the isopropyl alcohol soak works great. I just sort of dump it into the RTA when it gets stinky, let it sit for maybe a 30 seconds. Then rinse the heck out of it with hot hot water. Then I let it sit submerged in the hot water for several minutes. Then I run it through one of those cheap ultrasonic cleaners for 2 cycles.
Worked on even a really strong fruit punch and orange brew.

aeon

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I wash atomizer parts in Crystal Green, the "industrial" version of Simple Green, then rinse in hot water.

It works splendidly, and is gentle enough to not eat your skin or o-rings for breakfast. Also, it leaves zero residue, unlike dish soap, alcohol, and so on.

Cheers,
Ian

VU Sponsors