Become a Patron!

Help for Newbie, Burnt Taste

Good Morning,
I am about 3 weeks into vaping. I have a Eleaf 60watt temperature control vape, with crown tank. I use a stainless steel .25 ohm coil. I use the vape at 45 watts. I accidentally burnt my coil dry (used until appsolutely no eliquid), noticed this when it went from the sweet fruity flavour, to a strong burnt flavour. Took a look at the coil and the cotton was black, I assumed I burnt it, so I replaced it with a CROWN brand coil, but still got the same burnt flavour, just a bit less strong. Replaced the coil again, still same taste of burnt. I am pouring eliquid on the cotton, before using it, as instructed in manual. I also completely cleaned tank, mouthpiece and replaced eliquid. Did I just fuck up my vape? Please advise.

Thank you kindly
The new vaper

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Please follow instructions exactly.
Empty current contents of tank.
Take tank completely apart and toss the coil.
Rinse every part with warm water for at least 2 minutes twice.
Let everything air dry overnight yes this will take some time but it's worth it.
Tomorrow morning wipe everything down and use a Q-Tip to make sure the drip-tip is dry inside.
Now install a new coil and PRIME it.
Then fill the tank up and attach it to the device.
Now let it rest at least 5 minutes just setting there on top of the device.Do not test fire it just leave it be for 5 minutes at least.
After the 5 minutes is up the coils wick should be saturated.Look at the tank closely is the volume a bit less than when you first filled it?
If yes go ahead and give it a few primer puffs and enjoy.Otherwise let it sit a 10 more minutes do a few primer puffs and enjoy.

VU Sponsors