Become a Patron!

Help! I can't go past 3.8V

Hello all. I'm super new to vaping, and I've only had my unit a few months. I am using an iStick 50W Sub Ohm with an Arctic atomizer that came with Bottom Turbine Dual Coils 0.2ohms (30-100W) (which I bought the same exact type to replace as needed).

My problem is that with this last coil change, my usage won't go above 3.8V and reads 0.2ohms (it previously always read 0.2) no matter the charge on the battery. I put in another new coil, and I even put in the old used up coil, and no change. Took it to a guy at my local vape shop (not where I purchased), and he couldn't figure it out either, as his atomizer allowed for changes like normal. I'm really not happy, as I had just gotten comfortable vaping at 4.2-4.4V. I even put it all together w/o the coil inside, and it still let me change it.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Be easy on me, I might be slow with understanding.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Have you tried changing it to wattage mode ( press the power button three times)?

yes and it just bounces right back. The current read that I can get the most power at is 0.3ohms, 3.8V, and 48.1W. Usually at this wattage I can get much higher volts, but I'm stuck

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Your iStick can only put out 50 watts. With a 0.2 ohm coil you hit 50 watts @ 3.18 volts. Is this a temperature controlled iStick and are your coils nickel or titanium? If not then you should get 0.5 ohm coils.

I understand that, and I am not trying to push it past 50. This is actually the highest I've seen the watts get, as I physically never turn it that high. I am not sure if it is temperature controlled? I think it is, b/c normally I can't get higher volts unless I've been vaping on it for a while. I have no idea what the coils are made of :(

Holy crap. Just realized they're clone coils. I tried so hard not to get clones! But still, I put in my old authentic coil and it didn't read higher than 3.8 either

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
http://www.steam-engine.org/ohm.asp If you put in your numbers here you will see that with a 0.2 ohm coil at 50 watts the most it can put out voltage wise is 3.16 volts. 3.8 volts with a 0.2 ohm coil is 72 watts. With your iStick I would get higher ohm coils for a greater range of use. Steam-engine has a tab where you plug in your mod type and it will tell you the sweet spot for your mod. In this case it suggests a 1.2 ohm coil. http://www.steam-engine.org/modrange.asp

VU Sponsors