Become a Patron!

Help! I dropped Smok Alien 220 in water!

I dropped my Alien Silk 220 inwater. It worked for 5-10 min. I don't know if it's because I kept taking hits off of it or not, but as soon as I stopped taking puffs it stopped working. Is there anything I can do to repair it?
CORRECTION' MY SMOK ALIEN 220

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Pretty good chance its toast.

Best thing to do is get the batteries out of it immediately. You can put it in a sealed bag of dried rice for a few days and set it on top of the fridge.

This will draw a lot of moisture out of it. Then with some fresh non previously wetted batteries see if it is done for.

I do hope you dropped it into a pool and not a toilet. Welcome to VU.

Danimal77

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I dropped my Alien Silk 220 inwater. It worked for 5-10 min. I don't know if it's because I kept taking hits off of it or not, but as soon as I stopped taking puffs it stopped working. Is there anything I can do to repair it?
CORRECTION' MY SMOK ALIEN 220

Take batteries out and put in the fridge for a few days that takes the moisture out. You can put in rice as well. Once it’s dry if you can take it apart and brush some rubbing alcohol on the board etc. may work does for cell phones

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
If you would have removed the batteries and let it dry out then I would say there was a possibility to save it but since you continued to use it until it stopped I would think it is time to go MOD shopping. Good Luck~!

TrainRekt

Member For 1 Year
Reddit Exile
Sorry to hear this, but I would tend to believe your mod is fried, in the future pull the batteries out immediately out of any electronic device that has been submerged in water, then you can try to dry it out with rubbing alcohol, and possibly they will work again, but using it for 5-10 minutes after water has made contact with the board has surly destroyed any chance of it powering on again.

eStorm

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reddit Exile
Next time try the garbage disposal that's were it will end up anyways. Now go out and buy yourself something good, if you plan on giving your mods swim lessons, GeekVape has you covered with their water proofed mods. Might wanna look at it, but I would suggest not using any mod that took a dive till its fully dried out.

choderfett

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I’d take that bad boy apart.. complete tear down baby.. and dry the boards and such.. you screen might be shot also.. then stick individual parts on rice for a couple days .. after that reassemble to,see if it’s salvageable..
Best best is to just get a new mod as everyone says..

Lucky thing it’s not like it’s a non water resistant smart phone...

VU Sponsors