Become a Patron!

Help.. I think I'm doing something wrong.

Started vaping today. It's been about 8 hours since I started. The level of liquid in the "tank" is still at 2 ml. I've hit the thing probably 30 times or so, taking large hits. I assume I'm doing something wrong.

I hold the button (light is on, battery is fully charged), I inhale deep and take a large it, then I let go of the button.

I can taste the flavor, and when I exhale I see the white vapors behind released... so I'm definitely getting hits... but the level of the liquid is not going down. Is this normal? How much liquid should be going through after 30 hits? I don't know what kind of battery it is... It's an e-go starter kit that I bought 6 months ago.. I don't have the packaging, I just remember it was e-go brand. It's a very, very basic vape pen. I will work on uploading a pic and add to this thread in a minute.

I'm not sure this is working for me... I'm craving cigarette really hard and I cannot go get one right now so I need this thing to work so I can get something done today...

Please help.

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
well it depend son the tank and coils your using
my guess is its something that is running a 1.8 ohm or higher coil
which means
your fine
the higher the ohm of your coil the less juice you usually use.

if your happy dont worry

now if you start using lower ohm coils and get different mods and tanks
you will go thorugh more and more juice

For example
i used tanks that had coils that were 1.8 ohms and higher
i used about 3-4 mls a day
i switched to a tank with a .5 coil and started going through 10-15mls a day

you are doing nothing wrong
its a learning curve

and some equipment doesnt use much juice at all
some does
the equipment that does makes a metric shit ton of vapor at once and produce more flavor.

But most of us started out on something that didnt make a lot of vapor and we were quite happy with it

so gratz and relax your doing great

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
yeah 30 hits on something like that (what that is I am clueless, but it snot what we call a subohm tank) will not put a big dent in the juice level

Sounds like it's working fine! But if you're craving a cigarette badly you may well need some juice with a higher nicotine level. Good luck :)

I'm using 24mg which was the highest they had.

Should I go higher than that? Or maybe should I try a different vape pen to give me harder hits? Bigger battery means bigger hits right?

Also, is it safe to use vape pen with Nicorette lozenge? I haven't used then both at the same time yet but I am tempted to try one and see if it helps..

yeah 30 hits on something like that (what that is I am clueless, but it snot what we call a subohm tank) will not put a big dent in the juice level

Ah ok. Does that means my pen is maybe not good enough for what I need? What should I upgrade to?

Thanks

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm using 24mg which was the highest they had.

Should I go higher than that? Or maybe should I try a different vape pen to give me harder hits? Bigger battery means bigger hits right?

Also, is it safe to use vape pen with Nicorette lozenge? I haven't used then both at the same time yet but I am tempted to try one and see if it helps..

It's hard to find higher than 24mg in a store. A better tank will give you a bigger hit - you can probably use a Nautilus on your ego, and that should give you a better experience. Of course you can trade up to an entirely different setup, but I don't want to overwhelm you with options your first day :)

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
if you like what your using just hit it more

but if you get a mod NOT a pen looking thing with more power
say 30-60 watts
and get a subtank which means its runs coils below 1 ohm

you will get more vapor at once and can cut immediatley down to 6mg nic juice and be happy

but your going to need to do some research about teh different mods and subtanks available

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm going to answer your question with a question.

What did you do when you craved a cigarette, when you were actually smoking?

30 hits all day? I hit mine (much diff than yours) 550-700 times a day.

If you're craving, hit the damn thing. I'm just sayin ;)
Absolutely agree! (I vape around 30 mls a day to give you an idea - not that you'll vape nearly that much)

It's hard to find higher than 24mg in a store. A better tank will give you a bigger hit - you can probably use a Nautilus on your ego, and that should give you a better experience. Of course you can trade up to an entirely different setup, but I don't want to overwhelm you with options your first day :)

Ok. The guy who kind of nudged me toward starting with vaping started with 24mg, and cut 2mg a week (the store he went to custom mixed to any level he wanted) until he got down to 6 mg before he quit. So I figured I would do the same.

However, I don't think this pen is giving me the big hits that I want. I will have to do some research.. there are so many options.

I'm going to answer your question with a question.

What did you do when you craved a cigarette, when you were actually smoking?

30 hits all day? I hit mine (much diff than yours) 550-700 times a day.

If you're craving, hit the damn thing. I'm just sayin ;)

I was afraid to hit it too much. I thought you're only supposed to hit it once every now and then or you will take in too much nicotine and over dose.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I was afraid to hit it too much. I thought you're only supposed to hit it once every now and then or you will take in too much nicotine and over dose.

Not true. Well, you can take in too much, but at worst you'll feel nauseous, so it's self limiting (some people get headaches). You certainly can't do any real damage! I usually have something permanently glued to my hand unless I'm out and about :)

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
common fear for beginers

i thought the same way too at first 5 years ago

if you start getting light headed or nauseous
slow down
but vape away you will feel sick WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY before you ever overdose

you feel too sick to ever actually overdose yourself

PuffPuffPass

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years

Not going to happen. You'll get an intense headache long long before you OD. The possibility of OD, is super small.

PuffPuffPass

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Ok. The guy who kind of nudged me toward starting with vaping started with 24mg, and cut 2mg a week (the store he went to custom mixed to any level he wanted) until he got down to 6 mg before he quit. So I figured I would do the same.

However, I don't think this pen is giving me the big hits that I want. I will have to do some research.. there are so many options.

There are a ton of options. And I wish I could tell you what to get. If you have friends that vape, maybe they will let you try their rig. If you're lucky. Otherwise, research and narrow it down to just a few. Higher price does not equate better quality.

Also note, don't get too complicated too fast. Unless you have someone to help you with the new rig.

There are a ton of options. And I wish I could tell you what to get. If you have friends that vape, maybe they will let you try their rig. If you're lucky. Otherwise, research and narrow it down to just a few. Higher price does not equate better quality.

Also note, don't get too complicated too fast. Unless you have someone to help you with the new rig.

Cool

Thanks

For now, I'm going to try to hit this one harder and more often. Maybe that will help

It's only been 8 hours so I'm still dealing with the psychological issues of not smoking... even drinking a cup of water makes me want a cigarette now that I don't have any :eek:

Thanks for all the help to everyone here

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Cool

Thanks

For now, I'm going to try to hit this one harder and more often. Maybe that will help

It's only been 8 hours so I'm still dealing with the psychological issues of not smoking... even drinking a cup of water makes me want a cigarette now that I don't have any :eek:

Thanks for all the help to everyone here
It's quite possible if you take enough hits you'll never even want another cigarette. I smoked for 40 years, and from the first time I picked up a throwaway ecig I was done (that was almost 2 years ago)!

PuffPuffPass

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Don't be afraid to dual use. Many of us quit that way. It's just what it takes for some people.

While we all would like to see you at 100% vape, no cigarettes. The reality is, we're all different.

Some people vape and slowly reduce. Some stop smoking on day one, others on day 200. It's not a failure if you have a cigarette. It's only a fail, if you give up vaping completely.

I failed many many times, before I got where I am today.

cmoorewv

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Smoking addiction is definitely psychological as well as physical. If you're only a day into quitting, your agitation is very normal. I also read that because there are so many other chemicals in ciggarettes, it may be that there are other addicting substances besides nicotine. Which could explain why nicotine replacement helps, but doesn't totally ease the agitation at first. I tried a vape pen twice before and gave up. The pen I used wasn't really cutting it. Can't remember what it was, though. On my third and current attempt, I bought an eleaf itwist Mega pen and it helped more, but what did the trick for me was upgrading to an eleaf istick 40 watt with a sub ohm tank. More vapor and hit made it easier. The shop owner did tell me to drop to a 6 mg nicotine juice. With that set up, anything higher could cause headache or nausea. It also does use way more juice than the itwist did. Stick it out! I smoked almost 30 years. Quitting is really tough, so if you fall off the wagon, don't give up. I know I'm not out of the woods yet, but I'm headed in the right direction. A reputable shop can help you weigh your options, equipment wise.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I'm still dealing with the psychological issues of not smoking
That's a BIG part of why I wasn't putting them down in the beginning. I smoked for 3 or 4 weeks and vaped, too. I just made a decision to keep them way out of my way and found I was doing fine with just my vape. Left them out of reach during smoke breaks at work, kept my vape handy. Left my smokes in my car when I was at home, kept my vape handy. I got down 2 roughly 2 cigarettes a day that way, then finally couldn't tolerate the taste at all anymore and pitched them.

I'm like Amanda with hers. Mine is almost always in hand. I vape between 5 and 10mls a day, but I don't sub-ohm. Sub-ohm vapers tend to go through more juice.

PuffPuffPass

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
That's a BIG part of why I wasn't putting them down in the beginning. I smoked for 3 or 4 weeks and vaped, too. I just made a decision to keep them way out of my way and found I was doing fine with just my vape. Left them out of reach during smoke breaks at work, kept my vape handy. Left my smokes in my car when I was at home, kept my vape handy. I got down 2 roughly 2 cigarettes a day that way, then finally couldn't tolerate the taste at all anymore and pitched them.

I'm like Amanda with hers. Mine is almost always in hand. I vape between 5 and 10mls a day, but I don't sub-ohm. Sub-ohm vapers tend to go through more juice.

I cheated lol

I was still dual use for awhile. Then went out of the country for a week, leaving the smokes home. That got me over the hump. But I went through a LOT of juice that week.

cmoorewv

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

I definitely noticed the increase in ejuice consumption with a subohm. It's sad, because I'm hooked on Vape Daugz Dragon Tears. So good. And so expensive. I'm going to have to find a cheaper alternative and save the fancy stuff for treats.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I definitely noticed the increase in ejuice consumption with a subohm. It's sad, because I'm hooked on Vape Daugz Dragon Tears. So good. And so expensive. I'm going to have to find a cheaper alternative and save the fancy stuff for treats.
I've heard really, really good things about this juice line, but haven't tried them. Very budget friendly. http://vaping.watch/tmaxx-s-no-frills-ml-s Your other alternative might be DIY juice. Lots of fun, really easy.

Sonder ... check out www.OxVape.club
Crazy inexpensive, yet phenomenal flavors. And free shipping.
Try their Blue Raspberry ... unreal.
I do know they were offering 75% discount all first time orders.
Congrats on stop smoking, keep it up!!
:)

BluelineVapor

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Sonder ... check out www.OxVape.club
Crazy inexpensive, yet phenomenal flavors. And free shipping.
Try their Blue Raspberry ... unreal.
I do know they were offering 75% discount all first time orders.
Congrats on stop smoking, keep it up!!
:)

This!!! ;) If your just starting out you really can't beat this deal. Plus it always good to have a back up battery(it come free with first month subscription) for when your other one is charging. Very very worth it in my opinion, even if you cancel after the first month. Probably the best subscription box Iv seen yet.

cmoorewv

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
How are you doing, Sonder?

I have been smoking for 17 years. Bought the Pioneer 4 you ipv d2 and a tank in Hawaii. For the first 2 weeks I had a smoke in the morning, vapes all day, smoke before bed. 39 days later, just Vaping only on 6mg nicotine and about to try for 3mg. One thing that kept me off smoking was just reading about Vaping, juices, builds, general research and that kept my mind off smoking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VapeRN

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hit it and don't quit it. Vaping is delicious and smokes are gross. Go a few days and you won't even remember why you ever smoked in he first place.

PuffPuffPass

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I have been smoking for 17 years. Bought the Pioneer 4 you ipv d2 and a tank in Hawaii. For the first 2 weeks I had a smoke in the morning, vapes all day, smoke before bed. 39 days later, just Vaping only on 6mg nicotine and about to try for 3mg. One thing that kept me off smoking was just reading about Vaping, juices, builds, general research and that kept my mind off smoking.

When you reduce to 3mg. Be prepared to go through some juice the first week or so. I'm at week 2, cheating a bit with a few hits of 8 occasionally. But the higher rate of use has slowed, finally.

PuffPuffPass

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Luckily, I just have 360mls of rocket man in 3 Mls. Lol

While I generally use about 15ml a day. I've been through about that much (360ml) in the past 2 weeks lol

I got so close to running out. I panicked and bought 2-30ml bottles. Let me say, as a DIY'er. That $45 almost made me cry :/ But when you're on the road, you're at everyone else's mercy. And they have none.

lexi13nicole

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

You won't overdose! Don't worry about that, you'll get sick before that happens. Vape freely as much as you want, if you get nauseous or a headache it probably means you are ready to go down a level or two in nicotine. I was a 2 pack a day smoker started vaping at 18mg, it made my tummy hurt...so I dropped down to 12 mg nic no headaches/nausea. So if you start noticing a headache/nausea try using a 18 mg nic juice. Don't worry just vape as much as you want!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

How are you doing, Sonder?

Doing well. Haven't gone to pick up any new equipment yet. I've been going back and forth between cigs and the vape pen, but I'm smoking about 80% less than I was before.

Still debating whether or not to bother with getting a new rig. Actually, I was looking at the Vision Spinner V If anyone has an opinion on this one, that'd be great.

Thanks for the help everyone :D

cmoorewv

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Glad to hear it. Don't know anything about the vision spinner, but I'm sure somebody here can tell you about it. I've been spending a bit more than anticipated, but if it keeps me off smokes, it's worth it. I think I've bought all the equipment I need though. Excepting coils when I run out. Just got a shipment of stuff to try some DIY juice.

purpleduck

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I know this may sound backwards but actually started with a vape pen 6 years ago and it just didn't work for me after 40+ years of stinkies. What did work were the cigalikes. It was something about the look and feel. After about 6 weeks on them my senses had all cleared and i realized that they were too close to a stinky and tasted bad. I went to a nautilus tank and a 20w isuck battery with 3mcg nic. Now i use a smok xcube2 with Atlantis tank and 0mcg nic. It took a few years but I've been completely off the nic for 4 years. It's all about the flavor now.

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors